Massachusetts-Boston

2 bridemsaids that are pregnant

I have two bridesmaids that are pregnant, one is due in April and the other in May.  My wedding is in June.  I haven't found a bridemaid dress yet, but now I am really confused on what to do.  What I had pictured in my head for the girls to wear might not work out with them after all.  I have 5 bridemaids total.  Any ideas?

Re: 2 bridemsaids that are pregnant

• edited December 2011
    I don't know what you want to spend or what you wanted the dresses to look like, but Davids Bridal style #83312 is flattering on all sizes and shapes.
  • jenvaletjenvalet member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was just in a wedding at 5 months pregnant.  There was another girl who was 7 months pregnant.  We wore this dress and it was flattering on everyone - (the one on the left.  It's Impressions 1757

And for my wedding, 2 of my bridesmaids were pregnant.  They wore Ann Taylor Celebrations dresses.
    Lilypie Third Birthday tickers
  • megandjaymegandjay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Do they have to wear the same dress? You could give them a designer/color and let them pick the style. In general an empire waist that is a-line would be best. 

I used Siri and everyone raved about the dresses:

http://www.siriinc.com/bridesmaid-dresses1.html

However, J.Crew has some affordable options too:

http://www.jcrew.com/wedding/Wedding_Bridesmaid/dresses/empire.jsp
  • edited December 2011
    Also check Alfred Angelo,  some of the dresses come in maternity as well! Another idea would to pick a color and a designer, I am sure most designers make BM dresses for pregnant BM'S. Just a thought!
  • pretzelgrrlpretzelgrrl member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    But wait...they won't need maternity right...one of my bridemaids is pregnant now but will have plenty of time to order the dress after she gives birth.  I would talk to someone at the bridal store

Anniversary
  • kev'sbridekev'sbride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Check out Aria Bridesmaid dresses (I think that is what it is called) they are a bit pricy, but they have maternity styles to match non-maternity dresses and I think they provide extra fabic incase the dress needs to be altered closer to the wedding date (my cousins used this for her wedding and 2 of the bridesmaids were quite pregnant)

• SamswedSamswed member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    also, you could always order extra material and have a seamstress  alter the dress, now a days most "maternity" dresses are not those empire waist dresses. most people are fine with the "bump" showing.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards