Maryland

Inexpensive venues for ceremony/reception in/near Frederick

Hey everyone, 

I'm planning a wedding for max of 75 guests for Sept 2011, and was wondering if anyone could offer some advice about some reasonably priced venues to hold the ceremony and reception?  Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!  Thank you!

PS Has anyone had their wedding at South Mountain Inn?  They seem to be reasonably priced, and it would be convenient because Dahlgren Chapel is right across the street....

Re: Inexpensive venues for ceremony/reception in/near Frederick

• edited December 2011
    I take from the fact that you're talking about the chapel that you won't be getting married at the reception venue?  What do you consider inexpensive?

I was going to suggest Thorpewood in Thurmont.  It's beautiful and affordable.  They allow you to bring your own alcohol and give you a longer rental time than most places in the area.

We are getting married at Morningside Inn in Frederick.  I love, love, love the place, but it's not as affordable unless you do a Friday or Sunday wedding when rental fees and headcount minimums are lower.  We are doing the Sunday of Labor Day weekend this year.  If you're shooting for next Sept you may be able to do that as well.
    Vacation

Vacation
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at Stone Manor Country Club in Middletown, MD next year. Its very beautiful and scenic. Its cheaper to have a wedding there during the off season and Sunday-Thursday. You can use your own caterer, but their recommended caterer is very reasonable.
  • edited December 2011
    I am getting married at Shade Trees and Evergreen.. Both reception and ceremony are in the same place... Very reasonable and you can bring in your own caterer. In fact I am making my depost today. WOO HOO...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • vegasjillyvegasjilly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    im getting married at fairview chapel in new market near the lake linganore development, its actually right down the road from the morningside inn. its a very small chapel, i believe it seats up to 90 people. it was also built in the 1840's, so it does not have electricity.....or a bathroom....which i know is almost an OMG, but its a very charming and romantic place for a ceremony and perfect for small and intimate, candlelit vibe we are looking for. the rental fee is $350 with a $50 deposit.

we are having our ceremony at MIL's house to save some bucks, and she happens to live in the development right next to the chapel so its very convenient, and im all about convenient and stress free. its really hard to find good venues for smaller weddings. i have heard of ppl using the tasting room in downtown frederick as a venue for a reception.
  • edited December 2011
    Im getting married at Shade Trees & Evergreens too! Actually in Sept 2011, on a Friday. It's such a nice place, I just fell in LOVE with it! 

Bebe: what caterer are you using? I'm having issues finding one within our budget :(
  • edited December 2011
    How  much does it cost to hold your wedding at The Stone Manor Country Club? The place looks beautiful!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards