California-Los Angeles

What song did you walk down the aisle to?

I don't want to walk down to "here comes the bride" and I'm hoping to get some ideas from you ladies. The best FI and I have come up with is the Jaws Theme!! Haha. So I was interested, what song did you guys walk down to?
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: What song did you walk down the aisle to?

• RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

LOL at the Jaws theme!!! Our wp walked to the Brother Iz version of Somewhere Over the Rainbow and I walked to Our Love is Here to Stay by Harry Connick Jr.
    A few other songs we looked at (to give you some variety) were Con Te Partiro by Andrea Bocelli. We ended up not going with it because we couldn't quite work out the timing. But it's a beautiful song and if you look up the English version of it, it's really beautiful.
    Lastly, because it has special meaning for me, I originally wanted All I Want is You by Barry Louis Polisar. If you want to Google it, it's the theme song to the movie Juno. It's a litlte fast paced (so H vetoed it) but it's really sweet.
    This is the chorus:
    All I want is you, will you be my bride
    Take me by the hand and stand by my side
    All I want is you, will you stay with me?
    Hold me in your arms and sway me like the sea.

• edited December 2011
    The guys walked in to Like a Prayer.
    My wp walked in to Hallelujah as sung by KD Lang.
    I walked in to Judy Garland's Somewhere Over the Rainbow.  Best. Movie. Ever.

I think a Sinatra track could be really cute too for something different.

Did you know that Con te Partiro means time to say goodbye?  I love me some Andrea Bocelli, but to each his own - I guess I personally would have chosen a different Bocelli track.

Try looking up Vitamin String Quartet (or something like that) if you want instrumental ideas.

Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Mellie35Mellie35 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We did a movie theme. :)

The guys walked into the Star Wars theme.

The bridal party walked in to Somewhere Over the Rainbow (sung by Eva Cassidy).

And, my dream was always to walk down the aisle with the Love Theme from Cinema Paradiso. (one of my favorite films of all time and beautiful music by Ennio Morricone).

We walked out with the theme from Raiders of the Lost Ark. :)
  • RoMy215RoMy215 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    It's funny that we all used a version of Over the Rainbow. =)

CurlyGirly--I did know that; but I looked up the lyrics and it was "I'll go with you" (this is part of it):
    I'll go with you
    To countries I never
    Saw and shared with you
    Now, yes, I shall experience them
    I'll go with you
    On ships across seas
    Which, I know,
    No, no, exist no longer
    With you I shall experience them again
    I'll go with you
    On ships across seas
    Which, I know,
    No, no, exist no longer
    With you I shall experience them again
    I'll go with you
    I with you

I know several people who've used At Last by Etta James....depends what kind of music you want. I agree--Frank Sinatra would be something different and cool!
  • edited December 2011
    Romy-FI and I love that song from Juno!!

Thanks for all the ideas ladies they are great. Keep them coming! I love listening to new music and/or music I haven't heard in a long time so it's keeping me busy!
  • TheBueno'sTheBueno's member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My FI is a huge Star Wars fans so he and his boys will probably walk down while Imperial March is playing.  I haven't picked out a song for the girls but more than likely, I'm walking down to Dream by Priscilla Ahn.

My best friend is also getting married this year and she is walking down to Mama's Song by Carrie Underwood... it's such a beautiful song, makes me cry every time.
  • edited December 2011
    "In My Life" by Lennon/McCartney.  We had a string trio, so it was obviously an instrumental version. We did Canon in D for the WP and the Quaker traditional "Simple Gifts" for the parents. I can't remember what we walked out to. Vivaldi? Spring, maybe? We let the trio decide. They also played a bunch of stuff as people were seated.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
  • edited December 2011
    My wedding is on Saturday, but our cellist is playing The Swan by Saint-Saens.  It's very romantic, and I'm thrilled. 
    Learning to live and work from home: My blog
  • edited December 2011
    wedding party walked in to Vitamin String Quartets rendition of Coldplay's Yellow...I walked in to the guitar version of The Beetles "Here Comes The Sun"
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I plan on walking down to a Disney song... haven't picked one yet, but love Disney :)

• edited December 2011
    I had thought about the Disney thing too. Kind of wanted "kiss the girl" to play as we had our first kiss but it would be pretty hard to queue the right part of the song with the exact timing. But oh what fun it could be!!
  • edited December 2011
    our wedding party walked in to  usher's "here i stand"

... we walked each other down the isle to OutKasts "spottieottiedopalicious" (JUST the horns section!)
    Anniversary Photobucket
  • ShabnamshShabnamsh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh I love the Love theme from Cinema Paradiso!! I am also thinking of walking down the isle to that amazingly beautiful song. Good taste! ;-)

Something I have noticed at a lot of Persian weddings (I'm Persian) is that people walk down the aisle to really up beat, happy music. It feels like a party with everyone cheering and clapping as each person walks down the aisle. It lightens things up a bit and makes the atmosphere really fun. My fiance (American) loved the idea. So now I'm trying to decide what mood I want for my wedding. We shall see but I thought I would share a different perspective.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards