North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham
Options

Affordable Reception Location

Hey everyone,
I am just starting to plan my wedding in or around the Raleigh area and I'm looking for a decently priced reception area (1,000-1,500) to rent on Sat., Aug. 4th, 2012. Any ideas?? I need help!!

Re: Affordable Reception Location

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Its been so long since I've looked at venues, so some of the info I have is not 100% reliable.

How many people are you looking to have? I'm having my reception at Marbles in the lobby. It holds I think up to 250 people seated and its 2000. But they have cheaper options as well! Also, check out the Museum of Science. They have an awesome setup and its cheaper than Marbles. Also the Mus. of History was great, too! As you can see, I like museums and they were all very budget friendly. Just keep in mind you have to use their preferred caterers. 

Artspace holds around 75-100 people and they were very reasonably priced, too. Cobblestone hall across the street was very pricey since they do custom decor. 

NCState has a couple of options, or you could even call someone at Meredith or Peace College. They have a beautiful campus and might have a space to rent out.  If you are going alcohol free, check out St. Mary's campus. 

Also, check out the raleigh parks and recreation page: 
    Scroll to the bottom and look at the unique facilities. All are super cheap and very beautiful! Just no red wine at most of them, I think. They have other facilities, too. Just search around the website. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    hey i'm getting married at gregory vineyards about 5 mins from I40 near McGees cross roads and it's 500 for the outside rental and 250 for a reception room chairs and tables included.  You can email me if you'd like for more info.  they have referred photographers and caterers and rentals but not limited to them.

Toosweet4u31890 at yahoo dot com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How many people ? Some of the art museums are affortable. We are doing ours at this place called The Union. It is between $500-$1500 depending on the bar tab.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    SCogs18SCogs18 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you contacted Caffe Luna?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

image 225 Invited so far!
    image 148 Are ready to party!
    image 77 Will be missing out!
    image 0 Are MIA!
  • Options
    I found 2 places I really liked for approx $1500:

General Aviation Terminal at RDU (yes, I know it sounds weird---but it's super pretty, and my fiancee loved the romantic idea of "taking off"/"flying away" on a new life together). It's like $300 for the first 2 hours and $200 for every hour afterwards which includes tables & chairs! It is surprisingly gorgeous -- it's very modern-looking, with high ceilings, glass walls, and modern silver sculptures. There is a second floor balcony where you could have the dinner tables, too. Very spacious.

Burning Coal Theater in Raleigh -- $1500 for 24 hr rental on Saturday, includes chairs (you must rent tables) and is super flexible--you could have own caterer & bring own alcohol. It has dark floors & original brick walls with huge windows.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards