Georgia-Atlanta

I need my dream venue for a lot of people!

I live in metro Atlanta and do not want to go to far south. I am getting married next October and would love to have an outdoor wedding but I am so scared that it will rain. It seems that all Atlanta venues I like are for 100 people and ones that are big enough are the typical hotel ballroom. I would love a barn or rustic venue that will fit all my guests. I want a beautiful place to take pictures and a place where my guest won't suffer from the weather.
Help me please.

Re: I need my dream venue for a lot of people!

• tayrae10tayrae10 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I live in metro Atlanta and do not want to go to far south. I am getting married next October and would love to have an outdoor wedding but I am so scared that it will rain. It seems that all Atlanta venues I like are for 100 people and ones that are big enough are the typical hotel ballroom. I would love a barn or rustic venue that will fit all my guests. I want a beautiful place to take pictures and a place where my guest won't suffer from the weather.
    Help me please.
  • edited December 2011
    Try posting this on your local board.  Click on the blue triangle next to "Local Wedding Boards" off to the left. 
    imageBaby Birthday Ticker Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • atomicphotoatomicphoto member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you considered looking at one of the vineyards north of Atlanta? Or even someplace like Chateau Elan?
  • edited December 2011
    http://www.bsvw.com
    Blackstock Vineyards and Winery
    That is where we are getting married in August.  It has a beautiful covered deck on a ridge overlooking the vineyard, and it has an indoor lodge area as well.

Blackstock is one of the few venues within reasonable driving distance from Atlanta in the foothills that allows October weddings.  Most venues do not allow October weddings in that area due to the beauty of fall foliage.  They tend to hold their own festivals, etc. at that time.
  • KnaijaQueenKnaijaQueen member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You may want to try Trolley Barn: http://www.thetrolleybarn.com/ or Vecoma on the Yellow River: http://www.vecoma1.com/
  • kimberlykhkimberlykh member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Try Cator Woolford Gardens.  It is beautiful!

• edited December 2011
    try www.bradfordhouseandgardens.com. this is where i am getting married-plus, you actually get married on a deck in the woods and it is covered, so rain or shine you have an outdoor wedding.  and the best part is, they do EVERYTHING for you from food to flowers.  it is beautiful there too!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jmflahertyjmflaherty member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    How many guests are you expecting?  There are a ton of historic homes in Roswell that offer both indoor and outdoor options for the ceremony and they can acoomodate a fairly large number of people. 
  • fabrehickmanfabrehickman member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vinewood Plantation - fabulous "rustic luxe" farm venue situated on 10 pastoral acres in historic Newnan. Get ready for your big day in the 1830s home featured in Southern Living, marry your love under a pecan tree and celebrate in a 5000 sf renovated stable.

Please take a look at our website, facebook page and slideshow to get a sampling of what Vinewood has to offer. 

Maria Fabre HIckman
    678-859-1172 
    maria@vinewoodevents.com

Slideshow:
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards