Wedding Reception Forum
Options

Making the bride and groom table stand out

Are you planning on decorating the bride & groom table (if you aren't having a wedding party table) differently than the other tables? If so what will you be doing to do this or what did you do?

Re: Making the bride and groom table stand out

• Options
    I'm doing mine the same as the others, the only difference is that it will be at the head of the room, noticed when you walk in and right near the dance floor. I'll have a vase for my bouquet, that's about the only difference than the other tables.
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_reception-ideas_making-the-bride-and-groom-table-stand-out?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:5Discussion:13c87657-16e8-4319-898b-1df2a0328d1ePost:d7463e2f-6755-43c5-8e9b-cc77064d82c0">Re: Making the bride and groom table stand out</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm doing mine the same as the others, the only difference is that it will be at the head of the room, noticed when you walk in and right near the dance floor. I'll have a vase for my bouquet, that's about the only difference than the other tables.
    Posted by TiffanyT816[/QUOTE]

This is all we did.  Trust me, you are the B&G, everyone will know what table is yours, so there's no need to do anything particularly different than other tables.
    Anniversary
  • Options
    Well, we did. I wouldn't say we 'stood out' because of the decor. The fact that we had a sweetheart table & our attire kind of did that for us. We used different vases and candles than the other tables. My bouquet was the flowers for the table. It did look different, but made sense with the others.
  • Options
    On our head table, we just had a bigger version of the other table centerpieces, and I added tapered candles in crystal candlesticks that were a gift from my sister at my shower.  Oh, and we had chargers on the head table since they were some that I own for home entertaining (and once I saw them on the head table, I kicked myself for not having them everywhere).
  • Options
    Not really.    The only thing different I can think of was we used my and the other BMs at the tables bouquets as centerpieces.  I asked the florist to added clear empty vases on the table to put our bouquets in.

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Options
    I'll have to keep an eye out for a vase for that. Thank you ladies! :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards