July 2012 Weddings

Feeling accomplished!!

Today definitely didn't start out that well...FI and I weren't getting along so well so we decided to get out of the house for awhile because I have been cooped up from studying and being sick last week, so it was nice to get out! Anyway, we take my e-ring to be sized because it had been falling off and decided to look at rings for him. We found a really cool band for him, totally expecting to hear like $250 as the price...it was $99.99!! We've had my bands for awhile, so it feels great to have both of ours. I also managed to throw together one centerpiece just to see what it would look like, and absolutely LOVE what I came up with. We have decided to do a wine bottle guestbook since we like wine, so I grabbed some stuff to make a label to see what it looks like, and I really like what I came up with. And even better, I think all but 1 of my bridesmaids is going with us to look at dresses Sunday. I'm a little behind schedule, but we were so back and forth for awhile about if we should go ahead and get married this year. It feels like things are coming together though, and I work better under pressure anyway! Sorry so long, I was just excited and wanted to share LOL Cool

This is the centerpiece:

And here is the wine bottle:

Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Feeling accomplished!!

• very nice!! love the checks!!! I know how the studying goes!! 
  • I found the idea on etsy, basically you do a label for your 1st, 5th, 10th, and 15th anniversary, have people sign the bottle with a paint pen and then on that anniversary you drink the bottle of wine. I thought it seemed pretty cool, and different.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I really like your centerpieces and I love that wine bottle idea for the guest book.  I love wine and that's the only alcohol FI drinks so maybe I'll have to steal the idea from you.  That's an awesome price on the wedding band for your FI, FI still needs to get his.

Anniversary
  • Great job on both.  I really like how you did the label on the wine bottle, it looks so pretty.

Also, I really want Five Guys now!  :)
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Kate's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • Although I LOVE the idea, just something to keep in mind regarding wine bottle guestbook (that you may already know, so apologies if you are already aware) is that not all wine is meant to be "aged" -- meaning, if you drink your 5th anniversary bottle of wine in 5 years, and it's a wine that should be enjoyed relatively soon after bottling, you could be drinking bad wine. Like, REALLY bad, will-make-you-sick liquid.  

I know this because I dated a guy a while ago who was a wine buyer for Christie's in NY. Just food for thought!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Wow I had no idea, thank you so much for telling me that!! I almost wonder if we will even be able to wait that long to drink it LOL we are big wine drinkers. @k8888 I love Five Guys, it's a once in a great while treat, an I didn't even realize it was in the pic lol. @michelle If you have a Helzberg near you they had a huge selection of different styles and metals, I was impressed with their selection of men's bands!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_july-2012-weddings_feeling-accomplished?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:066005ef-215f-48b1-8655-328b41e07c52Discussion:6c82de61-af01-4965-8f6e-3885b5b857ecPost:da362232-4426-41bb-857a-162c863eb775">Re: Feeling accomplished!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow I had no idea, thank you so much for telling me that!! <strong>I almost wonder if we will even be able to wait that long to drink it LOL we are big wine drinkers.</strong> @k8888 I love Five Guys, it's a once in a great while treat, an I didn't even realize it was in the pic lol. @michelle If you have a Helzberg near you they had a huge selection of different styles and metals, I was impressed with their selection of men's bands!
    Posted by KatC1983[/QUOTE]

You could always do "1 month" "2 month" "3 month" rather than year? lol
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards