North Carolina-Raleigh-Durham

Anyone know a good place for Alterations?

Im a destination bride and I bought my dress from netbride instead of a salon and I need to get alterations but im not sure of a good place to go! Does anyone have suggestions? I looked for places online but I dont know if I can trust the mixed reviews.

any help is greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!!

Re: Anyone know a good place for Alterations?

• pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Olga in Cary is a board favorite.  Many girls will sing her praises.  She books very quickly though.
  • rgeddyrgeddy member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
  • edited December 2011
    thanks ladies!! I called and she's booked until June :(
  • pirategal03pirategal03 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've had good experiences at Lee's Taylors (the one in Southpoint mall is the one I've been to, but I think they have other locations).  I had a bridesmaid's dress altered there for the wedding, and then again after the wedding (it's better short) and many pairs of pants hemmed there.  I've always been pleased with their work. 
  • edited December 2011
    I called Olga yesterday. My wedding is 9/11/10. She asked to what extent I would need alterations. Well...I don't know. I am a size 10 in the hips and waist. My bust is just a bit smaller. We ordered a size 10 in my dress. I figure I will need the bust taken in and potentially some of the extra length.

Olga's next question - When do you need the dress by??? I have no idea!! I'm not even going to get the dress from the bridal store until late August/start of September. Well, I told her 10 days before the wedding. No idea where that date came from.

Olga needs to check her calendar and availability. Apparently she is already taken customers for next year! She is going to get back to me.

My question....am I in trouble? How long does it take for alterations? Is this a tight timeline? Gosh, am I even going to have my dress in time from the designer?

UGH!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • edited December 2011

Try Krystyna's Tailor Shop in Salt Box Village in Cary. I have taken all my business clothes to her and have always been pleased. She did the alterations for my friends wedding dress two years ago.

1239 Kildaire Farm Rd, Cary, NC 27511
    919-460-6591

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards