Wedding Etiquette Forum

So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!

Sorry, but I need a place to vent this because I'm hurt.

I'm working 14 hr days at work - I teach and coach and live an hour away from my job.  This is not my idea, I was told if I wanted to keep my job at the school I would need to coach since I have one less class this year (it's a private school). 
So - I'm tired, over worked, and I NEED to get my lessons and grading done because I'm very very behind and flying by the seat of my pants now.

A few weeks ago I agreed to go camping this weekend with friends.  This Friday, I decided to back out and use the three day weekend to clean the house (NEEDS IT), lesson plan, and grade.  I called my friend D to cancel and she was dispointed but 'understood'.  I was literally crying at work because I'm so tired and behind.

I spent today cleaning and am now (at 5:30pm) starting to lesson plan and grade.  I am a Yankees fan and will be watching the game tonight.  I have beer left over in my fridge from a b-day party I threw for FI last weekend so I posted on FB "If anyone wants to save a few bucks from the bar and come over here to watch the game, I have beer - Open bar at our house".

I get a text from her "Your FB status says your partying tonight, yet you were "busy" and couldn't come camping.  Nice"

So I called RIGHT AWAY to talk to her about this.  OBVIOUSLY taking two or three hours tonight from catching up with work is quite different from traveling and camping the entire weekend.  Yet, she wouldn't pick up the phone!!  She sent it to VM right away!

I wrote her an email telling her what I do with my time this weekend is none of her business, that just because I cancelled on the trip doesn't mean I am not confined to my house 24/7 working, that she is immature and I am owed an apology. Now I'm thinking she didn't even deserve that.

WTF??  I am not friends with many girls at all.  I don't understand this drama and here I am in it!  I'm so mad I'm shaking.  What is wrong with her?  Aren't we adults?  I don't deserve this!  I'm thinking if I don't get an apology I'm outta this "friendship".  I've never had this happen before. We are both in our late 20s and she's a mom.  I mean, really????  errrrrr.

And I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to go camping Yell
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!

• Not going to lie, if someone cancelled on me and then I saw that status on facebook I would been pissed about it too. Yes you are just taking a break but think about how it looks to her, she didn't get to see you cleaning all day and presumably doesn't know that you were also doing class stuff. All she is seeing is a facebook status about watching baseball and drinking after you canceled with her because you were too busy.

I think it is just a misunderstanding and you are making way too big of a deal about this. If you allow for some time to pass so that you can both cool off and then talk to her about it, everything should be fine. Though I have to say if I was her and I got the e-mail that you said you sent I would not be a happy camper.

Of course I am writing this as someone who has no back story on this but just based on your post I think you overacted .
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:795ae656-5551-435e-ab3a-18c31f5cb379">So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sorry, but I need a place to vent this because I'm hurt. I'm working 14 hr days at work - I teach and coach and live an hour away from my job.  This is not my idea, I was told if I wanted to keep my job at the school I would need to coach since I have one less class this year (it's a private school).  So - I'm tired, over worked, and I NEED to get my lessons and grading done because I'm very very behind and flying by the seat of my pants now. A few weeks ago I agreed to go camping this weekend with friends.  This Friday, I decided to back out and use the three day weekend to clean the house (NEEDS IT), lesson plan, and grade.  I called my friend D to cancel and she was dispointed but 'understood'.  I was literally crying at work because I'm so tired and behind. I spent today cleaning and am now (at 5:30pm) starting to lesson plan and grade.  I am a Yankees fan and will be watching the game tonight.  I have beer left over in my fridge from a b-day party I threw for FI last weekend so I posted on FB "If anyone wants to save a few bucks from the bar and come over here to watch the game, I have beer - Open bar at our house". I get a text from her "Your FB status says your partying tonight, yet you were "busy" and couldn't come camping.  Nice" So I called RIGHT AWAY to talk to her about this.  OBVIOUSLY taking two or three hours tonight from catching up with work is quite different from traveling and camping the entire weekend.  Yet, she wouldn't pick up the phone!!  She sent it to VM right away! I wrote her an email telling her what I do with my time this weekend is none of her business, that just because I cancelled on the trip doesn't mean I am not confined to my house 24/7 working, that she is immature and I am owed an apology. Now I'm thinking she didn't even deserve that. WTF??  I am not friends with many girls at all.  I don't understand this drama and here I am in it!  I'm so mad I'm shaking.  What is wrong with her?  Aren't we adults?  I don't deserve this!  I'm thinking if I don't get an apology I'm outta this "friendship".  I've never had this happen before. We are both in our late 20s and she's a mom.  I mean, really????  errrrrr. And I REALLY REALLY REALLY wanted to go camping
    Posted by M&R7111[/QUOTE]

I think you need to chill out. Sounds like she was really annoyed you didn't go...which is understandable, considering how little notice you gave her. Personally, when I need to back out of something, I stay off of FB. It's like calling in sick to work and then posting that you're heading out to the mall. Bad juju there. I don't think you're owed an apology at all.

If you did in fact want to post something, you should have said 'taking a break from cleaning and planning to watch the game. Anyone want a beer with me? Cause to me, it really does sound like you're planning to party.

Yeah, a little immuture to just send it to VM, but I would probably do the same thing.And? I think you're a shitty friend for backing out of the friendship over one little fight. I'm sure you're not going to like this answer, but oh well. 
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:0aec17e2-64df-4985-acb6-97586136b4af">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Not going to lie, if someone cancelled on me and then I saw that status on facebook I would been pissed about it too. Yes you are just taking a break but think about how it looks to her, she didn't get to see you cleaning all day and presumably doesn't know that you were also doing class stuff. All she is seeing is a facebook status about watching baseball and drinking after you canceled with her because you were too busy. I think it is just a misunderstanding and you are making way too big of a deal about this. If you allow for some time to pass so that you can both cool off and then talk to her about it, everything should be fine. Though I have to say if I was her and I got the e-mail that you said you sent I would not be a happy camper. Of course I am writing this as someone who has no back story on this but just based on your post I think you overacted .
    Posted by RodeoRed[/QUOTE]

<div>Ditto.</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image
  • Im not "in your shoes" but I am busy and tired and I just dont have TIME for weekend long excusions so I can see exactly what you mean. I think people can sometimes lose sight of the fact that they dont know the deep inner workings of a persons life and when someone is busy or exhausted because of their life it isnt just your basic "i need to sleep in tomorrow morning and I will be A-OK", and they just assume that if you bail on plans you are doing it for reasons far more complex than the simple fact that you dont have time to do it.

I just went through this with my best friend, and I decided to walk away because there was obviously a big disconnect in understanding/communication and it wasnt worth it to feel that way because I was too tired to live up to her expectations. Its hard, but youll get through it. Youve said your piece so just give her space and she will contact you when she cools down and gets some perspective, hopefully.

I dont think its at all fair for her to get this mad at you for staying home and then not seeing the difference between going away and staying home. I would have done the same.
  • No, I can understand where she was coming from when she sent that text message, but :

1 - who sends a text message when they are angry about something?
    2 - she knew why I was cancelling, I told her that I was going to spend the time cleaning and grading and such.  If I want to take time to watch the game, that's my business, I don't need to "prove" that I'm actually working
    3 - I don't need to post more info like "taking a break from cleaing" on my FB about watching a Yankees game tonight just for her benefit.
    4 - If she doesn't want to pick up and phone and talk like an adult, I don't want to be friends with her.
  • heyimbrenheyimbren member
    First Comment
    edited October 2010
    Yeah, I understand wanting and needing to vent, but I can't say I agree with you here.

I really hate it when people bail on me, so I'd be disappointed that you cancelled but I'd be pretty ticked to see that facebook status. It's clearly a misunderstanding between you two, but I'd probably send your call to VM as well and then talk to you about it after the weekend. But after reading an email like that I wouldn't be happy. I can understand both of you being annoyed with each other, but I think the email you described was a bit harsh. Honestly, I think you should send an apology email that in the heat of the moment you were frustrated and upset but you'd really like to talk things over. This just doesn't sound like something worth ending a friendship over, in and of itself.

I just think the facebook status, text message, voicemail and email probably took things too far. No, you don't need to "prove" to her how you're spending your time, but in her shoes it probably looked like you had made up a reason to not go just to stay home and party. I think a couple days to cool off would benefit you both.
  • Oh, I will agree with Nebb in saying that I TOATLLY understand the need to bail and even the desire to want to chill and watch the game. But I also understand her getting mad.

Nebb? I'm on book 5 of The Dark Tower. I'm in deep love.
    "In the old days my ass would be in your back yard picking cotton, so excuse me if I don't put much stock in how f*cking awesome the old days were." -Nuggs
  • I think there are two over-reactions here.  Yes, she is COMPLETELY out of line IMO for calling you out on it and then refusing to hear you out.  And yes, you're definitely entitled to a break!  But try to see it from her POV.  You basically said you're throwing a party after you backed out on plans, and now she's hurt too.

The point is to remember that sometimes, it's not about what you say or do, but it's about how those words or actions are perceived by others.  There's clearly a decent-sized misunderstand here, and you are both entitled to be hurt.  But you both owe it to each other to try to talk it out.  And I'm guessing that there are probably other issues here, too.
    imageAnniversary

RIP Dr. Irving Fishman - 10/1/19-7/25/10 - thank you for holding on for me.
    You made my wedding day complete.
  • I can see both sides to be honest, I just personally more relate with M&R since I just went through it for a very very similar reason.

Yay!! Im glad you like it LVB, Ive been re-reading it and I am almost half way through book 7 and I still cant get over how GOOD it is.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:0afbefe8-59c7-4f11-a8e3-847a607b1425">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, I can understand where she was coming from when she sent that text message, but : 1 - who sends a text message when they are angry about something?<strong>Um...Lots of people? I pretty much only communicate through text anymore.</strong>
    2 - she knew why I was cancelling, I told her that I was going to spend the time cleaning and grading and such.  If I want to take time to watch the game, that's my business, I don't need to "prove" that I'm actually working <strong>Nope, you sure don't. But don't be surprised when she gets pissed that you're 'partying' when you bailed on her to stay home and clean/plan.</strong>
    3 - I don't need to post more info like "taking a break from cleaing" on my FB about watching a Yankees game tonight just for her benefit.<strong>Again, then be prepared for her to be pissed. She has every right to be. Look at it from her perspective. All she saw was the FB post. She doesn't have any other information. So she is basing her feelings off what you posted. </strong>
     4 - If she doesn't want to pick up and phone and talk like an adult, I don't want to be friends with her.<strong> Dude. Really?</strong>
    You're both being imuture here. Maybe the best thing would eb for you to not be friends. Doesn't sound like either one of you are ready for a grown up friendship.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:0afbefe8-59c7-4f11-a8e3-847a607b1425">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]No, I can understand where she was coming from when she sent that text message, but : 1 - who sends a text message when they are angry about something? 2 - she knew why I was cancelling, I told her that I was going to spend the time cleaning and grading and such.  If I want to take time to watch the game, that's my business, I don't need to "prove" that I'm actually working <strong>3 - I don't need to post more info like "taking a break from cleaing" on my FB about watching a Yankees game tonight just for her benefit.</strong> 4 - If she doesn't want to pick up and phone and talk like an adult, I don't want to be friends with her.
    This is a case of if you don't want people to have anything to say about it, then don't post it on FB.
    Whatever you hatters be hattin. -Tay Prince
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:25e6500b-4547-4385-b983-3b0b66876ec1">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE! : I think you need to chill out. Sounds like she was really annoyed you didn't go...which is understandable, considering how little notice you gave her.<strong> Personally, when I need to back out of something, I stay off of FB. It's like calling in sick to work and then posting that you're heading out to the mall. Bad juju there. I don't think you're owed an apology at all.</strong>
    Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]

I disagree with this.  True, if I call out of work sick I will not post "WOOHOOO going to Great Adventure!"

But asking if anyone wants to watch a game tonight is not the same.  I expected her to at least see the difference between a 2 hr game and a 12+ hr camping trip.

When I saw the text I was like "WOAH, let me call her and explain because this is not right" and she didnt' pick up.  I am insulted at her "bitch and run" basically.  I feel I deserve more than that.  It was rude of her to send me that text.  I don't need to answer to her like I would my boss.    She at least needs to apologize for sending me a bitch note, basically hide behind a text message, and not let me at least smooth things over.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:68ad8876-966a-4baf-8332-0b2fe32aca3a">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can see both sides to be honest, I just personally more relate with M&R since I just went through it for a very very similar reason. Yay!! Im glad you like it LVB, Ive been re-reading it and I am almost half way through book 7 and I still cant get over how GOOD it is.
    Posted by Nebb[/QUOTE]
    I'm a quick reader, but it's taken me about a week per book...except for 4. It was like pulling teeth to get me there. At this point, I feel like I could do without it. BUT, I am noticing 'coincidencs' that really aren't and I assume the Susan stuff is going to come back later on.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:e75818ef-79c7-447d-8368-b37239de592d">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yeah, I understand wanting and needing to vent, but I can't say I agree with you here. I really hate it when people bail on me, so I'd be disappointed that you cancelled but I'd be pretty ticked to see that facebook status. It's clearly a misunderstanding between you two, but I'd probably send your call to VM as well and then talk to you about it after the weekend. But after reading an email like that I wouldn't be happy. I can understand both of you being annoyed with each other, but I think the email you described was a bit harsh. Honestly, I think you should send an apology email that in the heat of the moment you were frustrated and upset but you'd really like to talk things over. This just doesn't sound like something worth ending a friendship over, in and of itself.
    Posted by heyimbren[/QUOTE]

This exactly. 

I'm also with LVB in that if I cancel on something, I stay away from FB.  I liked her analogy of calling in sick to work and then saying you're going to the mall.  It's the internet, and anyone can see it and take it in any which way they please, so I'd much rather play it safe to avoid pissing of friends or coworkers.
  • edited October 2010
    You bailed on her at the last minute, by the sounds of it (if I'm understanding correctly, you pulled out one day before you were due to go)? She was probably already hurt by your lack of consideration in doing so and seeing your post suggesting a party at your house (open bar =/= quick break from work for most people) was likely salt in that wound. Have you so little empathy that you can't at all comprehend how this might have looked to her? I'm not suggesting that you need to be accountable to her, but surely if you put yourself in her position you can get that there might be a little hurt there, even if camping and watching a game are two very different things.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:f1b8b9c9-f604-4d8c-9295-9060e6c5c6e7">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<span style="font-size:12px;" class="Apple-style-span">No, I can understand where she was coming from when she sent that text message, but : 1 - who sends a text message when they are angry about something? 2 - she knew why I was cancelling, I told her that I was going to spend the time cleaning and grading and such.  If I want to take time to watch the game, that's my business, I don't need to "prove" that I'm actually working <strong style="border-style:initial;border-color:initial;outline-width:0px;outline-style:initial;outline-color:initial;font-size:12px;vertical-align:baseline;background-image:initial;background-repeat:initial;background-attachment:initial;-webkit-background-clip:initial;-webkit-background-origin:initial;background-color:transparent;border-width:0px;padding:0px;margin:0px;">3 - I don't need to post more info like "taking a break from cleaing" on my FB about watching a Yankees game tonight just for her benefit.</strong> 4 - If she doesn't want to pick up and phone and talk like an adult, I don't want to be friends with her.
    Posted by M&R7111</span>
    [/QUOTE]<div>
    </div><div>Seriously?  You had my sympathy at first, but this is childish.  Take a step back and come back and re-read this tomorrow, because you're not really acting like an adult either.

</div>
    imageAnniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:f5a4ec21-4a96-4f54-be39-5c0e7b51819b">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE! : I disagree with this.  True, if I call out of work sick I will not post "WOOHOOO going to Great Adventure!" But asking if anyone wants to watch a game tonight is not the same.  I expected her to at least see the difference between a 2 hr game and a 12+ hr camping trip. When I saw the text I was like "WOAH, let me call her and explain because this is not right" and she didnt' pick up.  I am insulted at her "bitch and run" basically.  I feel I deserve more than that.  It was rude of her to send me that text.  I don't need to answer to her like I would my boss.    She at least needs to apologize for sending me a bitch note, basically hide behind a text message, and not let me at least smooth things over.

No, she's not your boss. she's your FRIEND. Of course you don't HAVE to, but it's nice if you think of other people's feelings before you 'speak' sometimes.
  • lousivillebride:

I don't agree with text messaging for important things.  I personally find it rude.  If you can't say it to my face, don't say it.

And yes, really, if someone doesn't want to pick up the phone and talk about an issue, I'm not going to go nuts begging her to talk to me.  She doesn't want to pick up the phone, I don't want to continue a friendship like this.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:fd322ca8-392d-426e-9527-f51f599372e7">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]lousivillebride: I don't agree with text messaging for important things.  I personally find it rude.  If you can't say it to my face, don't say it. And yes, really, if someone doesn't want to pick up the phone and talk about an issue, I'm not going to go nuts begging her to talk to me.  She doesn't want to pick up the phone, I don't want to continue a friendship like this.
    Alrighty then.
  • She's camping.  She's on a mini-vacation.  She probably doesn't want to ruin the remaining time she has to get away!  Think about it.  Arguing with you would just ruin the remainder of the time that she has to enjoy out there.

Methinks there are other issues with your friendship that you're not admitting to, or at the very least, clueing us into.  Because this is a very childish reason to end a friendship.
    imageAnniversary

• Perhaps this is the reason you're not friends with many girls?  Neither of you are completely in the right here, but I think you're acting very rashly. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:fd322ca8-392d-426e-9527-f51f599372e7">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]lousivillebride: I don't agree with text messaging for important things.  I personally find it rude.  If you can't say it to my face, don't say it. And yes, really, if someone doesn't want to pick up the phone and talk about an issue, I'm not going to go nuts begging her to talk to me.  <strong>She doesn't want to pick up the phone</strong>, I don't want to continue a friendship like this.

She didn't want to pick up the phone <em>then. </em>Honestly, I have a temper. I admit it, and I do try to work on it, however if I do get mad at someone I may send a passive aggressive text message (which isn't right) and then just want some space to let myself cool off. No, she shouldn't have texted you that, it wasn't a good choice. But I also think that there's a possibility that talking to you on the phone right then might not have been either. Just like she assumed what you were doing on your Friday night without all the information and your side of it, you're making assumptions about her reaction without knowing her side.

It does sound like there are other issues here, so if you don't want to be friends anymore then that's always an option. But this fight just happened yesterday, and taking a few days to cool off and re-evaluate could do you both some good.
  • edited October 2010
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:7aef845f-2258-464d-b666-a6ea31dd8587">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]She's camping.  She's on a mini-vacation.  She probably doesn't want to ruin the remaining time she has to get away!  Think about it.  Arguing with you would just ruin the remainder of the time that she has to enjoy out there. Methinks there are other issues with your friendship that you're not admitting to, or at the very least, clueing us into.  Because this is a very childish reason to end a friendship.
    Posted by saisongbird[/QUOTE]
    <p>I surely hope there is more to this story, because seriously OP- you're going to end a friendship because you decided at the last minute that you were unable to avail yourself for a weekend you'd committed some time ago to spending with your friend, and then you decided to throw an open-bar 'game watching' event at your house and your friend reacts with hurt and doesn't immediately want to talk with you about this? Is her being hurt about this really grounds for ending a friendship? </p><p>If there's not more to this story, you are one crazy lady, IMHO.</p>
  • I think you are overeacting.  If this is worth ending your friendship then you probably don't care about her very much anyway.

You shouldn't have posted that on facebook - I would have been pissed if I was your friend.

saisong - your picture is huge.

sorry is this is grumpy - michigan is losing.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:95fd930f-8de7-4cb0-a33e-808318b77c08">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Perhaps this is the reason you're not friends with many girls?  Neither of you are completely in the right here, but I think you're acting very rashly. 
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]
    Sounds about right.
  • Sun? I <3 and miss you :) Looks like you had a great time in Hawaii :)
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:b416b78c-0d6e-4250-b0df-e72ca26137e1">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Sun? I <3 and miss you :) Looks like you had a great time in Hawaii :)
    <p>Posted by louisvillebride21[/QUOTE]</p><p> </p><p>Hey gorgeous! We had a great time in both Hawaii and in Japan. Seriously amazing! Now back at home- work tomorrow and back to reality, I'm afraid! How are you, LVB?</p>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:95fd930f-8de7-4cb0-a33e-808318b77c08">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]<strong>Perhaps this is the reason you're not friends with many girls? </strong> Neither of you are completely in the right here, but I think you're acting very rashly. 
    Posted by saxy414[/QUOTE]

Probably.  I'm not use to people getting pissed over something so stupid.  I can't deal with these things at all and can't be bothered by them.  FB is not the be all end all and I can't understand why people let it dictate their perceptions on people.

I'm use to calling, saying WFT, getting it out, then moving on and grabbing a beer.

FWIW, I'm not throwing a party, I totally understand why she would be upset - which is why I called right away - and the camping trip was a group of 15 people - me not being there won't crush anything.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_mad-one-around-need-vent-somewhere?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:1eed2797-3740-440f-b9e9-b8aef2477bf6Post:f3d81463-5022-4404-88c8-f29fdbf664e8">Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: So mad - no one around - need to vent SOMEWHERE! :   Hey gorgeous! We had a great time in both Hawaii and in Japan. Seriously amazing! Now back at home- work tomorrow and back to reality, I'm afraid! How are you, LVB?
    Posted by thesuninherhead[/QUOTE]
    I'm pretty fantastic! Life's a little more boring than yours, but I'll take it right now :) I'm just trying to find a job and stay on top of married life. I didn't feel so guilty about the house getting messy when I lived alone. Now I have someone that can see all of it lol.

Did you ever get all of your health things work out?
  • Personally I think her texting you to say what she did and then refusing the answer when you called is a control tactic. She wants to be in control of the situation and if she doesnt have to hear you out she can justify her anger based on the limited information she has.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards