New York

Hair and Makeup Trial

Soo.... Here are the pics from my hair and makeup trial at Liz Lanza's yeterday.
I hate to whine... but.... I am not completely happy with how everything turned out.  I guess I thought that for $140 bucks (yes... for the trial... sick) I would leave there looking like a freaking rock star!!!  lol... but... eh... It was just sort of so-so.  I am not 100% sure that I will stick with the salon.  But the staff was great and I was super happy about the airbrush makeup though... stayed flawless allllll day.
Hair...

When I put my veil on, it made some funky looking bubble on top of my head.  NOT cool.  As a matter of fact, so not cool that I opted not to take a picture.  Now I kind of wish I did so I could laugh at how ridiculous it was. 
Anyway... I think I will beg one of my friends to play around with my hair all day and hopefull we can come up with a style that works better with the veil.

Makeup... (please ignore the ridiculously lopsided lump of hair on top of my head.  Aparantly "volume" is a good thing to stylists)

Miss Mrs. New & Improved Blog Chart
Online Garage Sale
Daisypath Anniversary tickers
monica & kevin married 5.28.11
bfp 8.11.11 - m/c 8.17.11
bfp 11.11.11 - edd 7.25.12
Lilypie Pregnancy tickers

Re: Hair and Makeup Trial

• edited December 2011
    here are a few more pics... these are from my camera phone which actually came out better.. weird

Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Aww! I think its cute. But $140?! Yikes! How much to actually get it done?? A friend of mine is supposed to do mine, but shes a self proclamed "color stylist". She hates updos but had to learn how to do a few for prom season and she did my hair for my FSILs wedding and I loved it...but not for my wedding. I feel bad changing my mind on her, but theres a woman I went to for many proms and loooved her hair designs. So I have to call her and set up a trial very soon...

...but enough about me. I do love it. But I totally understand if you wanna look elsewhere. I would have thrown up at the sound of the price! Haha

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    I know... I am embarrassed to admit how much I paid.  It's totally ridiculous.  It is $140 for the day of too (well... $80 for makeup and 60 for hair... or maybe it's the other way around...) anyway... it's ridiculous.
    I am ok to pay  for the makeup, because the full coverage is really important to me... but I really wasn't too thrilled about the way my hair turned out.
    I am trying to figure out whether it would be worth it to find another place to have my hair done.... seems like more of a pain than  it might be worth, ya know.  Travel to salon A for makeup then salon B for hair.  Ugh... makes me sound like a diva.  lol.  So NOT me.

Online Garage Sale
  • edited December 2011
    Haha I believe that every bride is allowed to bge a dive on her wedding day! Unfirtunately I know the place I want to go is not my fav for makeup. She does a great job but ALWAYS goes dark on the eyes and it drives me crazy. I might be doing my own. My weddings a bit too early to run around. Undecided

People are inherently stupid. Weddings make it painfully obvious -- KevinandMonica
  • edited December 2011
    Bummer.  Why can't the best makeup place do awesome hair... or the best hair place do fabulous makeup.  Can't we just have it all???  Ugh... lol
    And if I could have it all with a glass of champagne, that would be awesome!!!  Tongue out
    Online Garage Sale
  • bitofritsbitofrits member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    If it was me and I liked the make-up, but not the hair -- I'd just do the salon A and B deal.  It's probably annoying to have to drive around extra before the wedding, but in the end you should go somewhere that you will LOVE.  :)  The pics look nice though!
    My Attempted Wedding Blog - http://aroseywedding.blogspot.com/
  • edited December 2011
    I know what you mean.. I like your makeup.. the hair is nice.. but not original, it looks kind of prom cookie cutter. I wonder if you might be able to find someone who would travel to you, so while you are getting ready (at the hotel, etc.) they could do your hair, so its less driving on you? I'd actually post for referrals from facebook friends, or I could ask my officemate who got married at Glenora what she ended up doing also!
    Photobucket
    image 169 Made the cut!
    image 137 Are ready to party! image29 Are missing out! image 3 Are making me crazy!
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_central-new-york_hair-makeup-trial?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:621Discussion:f3e6fa33-c8d8-4fd6-a1a4-2a992fd835ebPost:3c71d321-42c7-41b2-99af-30353c59ad9d">Re: Hair and Makeup Trial</a>:
    [QUOTE]I know what you mean.. I like your makeup.. the hair is nice.. but not original, it looks kind of <strong>prom cookie cutter.</strong> I wonder if you might be able to find someone who would travel to you, so while you are getting ready (at the hotel, etc.) they could do your hair, so its less driving on you? I'd actually post for referrals from facebook friends, or I could ask my officemate who got married at Glenora what she ended up doing also!
    Posted by emierose@gmail.com[/QUOTE]

LOL!!!  Oh my gosh, Emie, you are absolutely right!!!  I am going to tell the stylist exactly what you said and see if I can talk her into another hair trial (hopefully either free or deeply discounted).  I would love to use her just b/c it would be waaay more convenient, but I may have to look elsewhere.
    The original hair stylist and makeup person I wanted to use were going to come to my house, but they charge a "holiday fee" which is equal to 50% of their price.  Sooo.... I would have been paying close to $300.  Too much.
    I have been checking out other salons on the internet and am about ready to just cut my losses at Liz Lanzas and book another trial somwhere else.

Thank you so much (everyone) for the honest feedback.  I knew I wasn't completely thrilled with it, but it helps to hear from you girls that it is nothing spectacular.  Thanks!
    Online Garage Sale
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards