Wedding Etiquette Forum

Good morning!

I had the worst headache ever last night. I couldn't eat dinner or finish my homework so I just went to bed. I'm so glad it's feeling better this morning.

Today is the last day of one of my classes so we're having a breakfast party! I'm currently baking hashbrowns in a cup and I really hope they turn out well because I have no plan B besides riding to Bojangles and getting hasbrowns for everyone.
Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Good morning!

• Good morning!

How does hash browns in a cup work? 

I'm glad you are feeling better this morning, aleigh!
  • I'm so confused by all the name changes. I forgot who you were until I opened up the thread.

I'm super pissed this morning. I opened a bill from an urgent care I went to in February expecting a $0 balance because I paid my copay and my insurance should have covered the rest. The bill is for $460! There are insurance adjustments on there, but then what insurance paid is adjusted back on to the bill. Like they changed their mind or something. I tried logging in to the insurance website to view the actual claim and the stupid thing locked me out so now I have to wait until technical support opens at 8am to call them. Fvck I'm raging this morning.
  • Good thing you caught it now. I had a bill back in 2008 that I thought had been paid by insurance and they called collections so I've had an $85 charge on my credit report since '08 that I had no idea about.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:3deaf04b-4e64-45d0-9ca0-39a0172ac65c">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning! How does hash browns in a cup work?  I'm glad you are feeling better this morning, aleigh!
    Posted by mica178[/QUOTE]

<div><a href="http://thriftyninja.net/2011/12/recipe-cheesy-hashbrown-cups/" rel="nofollow">http://thriftyninja.net/2011/12/recipe-cheesy-hashbrown-cups/</a></div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Awesome.  Thank you, aleigh!
  • That sucks, mk. I just got a $280 bill from the chiropractor from treatments last September. Not happy about that one, especially after they promised everything would be covered. Methinks the woman didn't know what the hell she was talking about.

Anyway. I have a band-aid on my finger and it's really hard to type. I keep hitting the wrong keys. It's gonna be a long day.
  • Morning.  I busted my butt on my paper last night and I still have 18 pages to go (minimum).  Not going to have time to do it this weekend because I'm going to a two-day bachelorette party at Foxwoods.  I hate the last few weeks of the semester.

Books read in 2012: 21/50

AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:9cbaf26b-3f91-4976-9c86-5a594311dfc1">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning.  I busted my butt on my paper last night and I still have 18 pages to go (minimum).  Not going to have time to do it this weekend because I'm going to a two-day bachelorette party at Foxwoods.  I hate the last few weeks of the semester.
    Posted by baystateapple[/QUOTE]

<div>18?! How much did you write last night?</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Morning!  I'm waiting for 7 to hit so I can register for my first day classes for the fall! 

Bay, I hear you.  I keep counting the weeks until this semester is over.
    "Halloween may have loose women scantily clad...
    But Christmas has a pregnant virgin.

Way cooler." - anna.oskar
  • Morning, everyone!  I'm dragging today, but I just made coffee, so hopefully that will help.  I've got plans with friends tonight and tomorrow night (rare for me, because I'm usually a hermit during the week while H is away) and then it'll be Thursday and H will be home before I know it!  And, this is his last week of weekly travel, which I'm pumped about.  Now he'll just have 6 2-week stints in different places over the next year to year and a half.  He'll either be home until the beginning of June or the middle of July - yay!

cfas, I feel your pain.  I was being SO GOOD and then I just kind of fell apart.  The scale says I've only put on about 2-3 lbs but I feel like it's much more than that.  I need to reign myself in but it's so hard to do so.  I'm with you, I wish I didn't like food so much.  I wish I was one of those people to whom food just isn't that important.  But dammit, I love food and it makes me happy.  Oh well....just have to try to be a little bit better with my choices.
  • Good morning! Oh man those hashbrown cups look amazing. I hope they work out for you, Aleigh. I <3 hashbrowns.

MK, that's ridiculous. I hope you can get it worked out.

Today starts day 1 of 3 in lots of meetings. At least I get free breakfast every day and dinner tonight. I'm pretty sure I'm going to get my nails done tonight too and I'm really excited/nervous. Yeah, I'm a loser for being nervous about this.
  • Good Morning!  MK, don't let that bill ruin your morning.  They'll probably resubmit it and change the charges.  Insurance companies are good for that.  They figure why the h*ll not try to get money out of someone if they'll pay it.  You can resubmit a bill to insurance more than once if you feel you don't owe the money.  Just stay on top of it.  Good Luck.

I'm in for a long day and I have a lot of work to do.  Yuck. 
  • good morning!

i have been waking up way too early for vacation, but it is nice watching the sun rise and relaxing and not rushing to work.
  • Cfas, I've just never had it done before. I'm mostly nervous about the possibility of kicking someone in the face because my feet are pretty ticklish.
  • Aleigh -- seven pages.  Paper needs to be a minimum of 25.  I love to write, the writing is easy.  It's the fact checking and the endnotes that take up so much of the time.  If I could just haul off and write an opinion piece it would have been done weeks ago.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:1ff15b88-4dd9-4c06-a2e8-94de33dce59a">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Cfas, I've just never had it done before. I'm mostly nervous about the possibility of kicking someone in the face because my feet are pretty ticklish.
    Posted by midgetthemighty[/QUOTE]

That's actually a legit concern.  I've come close more than once!  Just think non-ticklish thoughts....you'll be fine.
  • Morning,

Mmmmm Hashbrowns. 

I am jumping on the frustrated with my weight/size train.  The good food choices just don't seem to taste as good.  We have Weight Watchers at work, I am thinking about attending the lunch time meeting today.  We bought a juicer last week, and I have been using it everyday, but each time I try to mix something green (beans, kale, spinach, celery) I get such a bad after taste.  I still drink it but, WOW. and then there is the color it turns when you put in the green veggies. 
  • Good morning.  I have a plumber coming this morning  "between 9 and 1" so I just have to sit around basically and wait.  I found a water spot on our ceiling so I think our upstairs bathtub drain is leaking.  

Abbs I hope one of those trips is to my area again!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • Good Morning!

I'm getting set up with some caffeine at my desk today.  I woke up early this morning to file my taxes (procrastinator, party of one), so I'm hoping I make it through the day without crashing too badly.

Midge - pedicures are awesome, you'll love it.  I'm extra ticklish as well, but I rarely have a problem.  They usually apply enough pressure so it's not too tickly.  I really need to get one.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I'm officially registered!  I'm so excited for fall. 

• I wish, beachy!  No current plans to be back in your area, although I wouldn't rule it out for the future.  He may be going to your old stomping grounds in May or June, or it might not be until mid-next year.  I definitely want to go there with him.  Pearl Harbor should be sometime next year as well....that's the one I'm most excited for!
  • I really need to call my ex about this whole short sale thing.  I don't wanna.

• Good morning guys!  I miss you all! 

This weekend was a marathon.  Picked my sister up at the airport friday, threw her a shower and a suprise bachelorette on saturday/sunday.  Tried to recover sunday, then went dress shopping yesterday and now I'm at work and bloody exhausted and my husband just called and guilt tripped me for going away this coming weekend to help my friend with wedding stuff.  I can't win.  I would like to go back to bed. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:e4975f33-00ff-462a-a0b4-1de72925995d">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do any of you know how to cook a homemade frozen casserole? I made one a couple of weeks ago and froze it, and I'm going to cook it tonight. I have no idea what setting to put the oven on or how long. I was going to look at a Stouffer's box as a guide. I'm assuming that would work.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

<div>Did you already put in the refrigerator to thaw? If so, you can generally use the same temperature, but increase the cooking time by about half an hour or so.</div><div>
    </div><div>Morning, all. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:c040b0f5-dda2-42b9-ba6f-d4862240b54b">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Good morning guys!  I miss you all!  This weekend was a marathon.  Picked my sister up at the airport friday, threw her a shower and a suprise bachelorette on saturday/sunday.  Tried to recover sunday, then went dress shopping yesterday and now I'm at work and bloody exhausted and my husband just called and guilt tripped me for going away this coming weekend to help my friend with wedding stuff.  I can't win.  I would like to go back to bed. 
    Posted by Habs2Hart[/QUOTE]
    Why is he guilt-tripping you, because he missed you?  That's silly.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_good-morning-238?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:a291ac7a-e8cb-485c-9cd3-937ba0bd5a3dPost:1d1e1a52-b1b9-4f06-a509-6314c6a47f6a">Re: Good morning!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Pearl Harbor? As in Hawaii? Man I love Hawaii. I want to go back so bad.
    Posted by cfaszews25[/QUOTE]

Yes!  H should get sent there for 2 weeks next year for work....you bet I am going to go along with him for that one!
  • Bay - He says I complain about never getting to see him (he's working a lot right now because it's starting into his busy season, which is fine, make hay and all that) and I mention it here and there, but more in a "hey, lets give up some of the ridiculour stuff we do during the week, not social hour.  Not to mention, I told him over a month ago, and it's my fault he can't remember, so he essentially told me I sprung this on him out of the blue.  What? 

Guys are so fucking annoying sometimes!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • That sucks, Habs.  That's not fair that you should feel guilty for doing something that was planned well in advance, just because he forgot.

• adamar15adamar15 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited April 2012
    Habs, we finally found an app that syncs between our phones, and now H can't use the "I forgot" excuse anymore.  He used to be really bad about that. 

ETA: A calendar app. 

• Good morning!

Off to read the thread :).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards