Wedding Invitations & Paper

Programs

Is there a rule of thumb of how many programs are to be printed? Are you suppose to print one for each person that responded even though not everyone that's coming to reception will come to the ceremony?
Trying to Conceive Ticker

Re: Programs

• Why would everyone coming to the recepion not come to the ceremony?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • I have the same situation, due to the size of the venue, some local friends will be coming to the reception only.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_invites-paper_programs-49?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:cd062f89-8272-496a-b0ab-225e1f87acecDiscussion:3ce17719-8d77-4fe3-ae50-03a6056ea784Post:aa9302f3-e9b9-4d14-930f-916b0f97c86b">Re: Programs</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have the same situation, due to the size of the venue, some local friends will be coming to the reception only.
    Posted by hurlr[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm confused. Why does the size of your venue matter? Did you invite some people to the reception only and others to both the ceremony and the reception?</div>
    Anniversary
  • It just seems like that's how it goes? I do know several people have told me that they will not be able to make ceremony but will be at reception due to work, a different wedding, etc. So If I have 142 ppl including wedding party should I print that amount?
  • If guests are opting to come to the reception and not the ceremony due to personal conflicts, that is one thing. If you are inviting people to the reception that were not also invited to there ceremony, that is a breech of etiquette.

Either way, you should have programs for everyone that RSVPs.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    December Signature: Holiday Favorites imageLilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • FWIW, I think its horrible for someone to say, "sorry, I cant make it to your actual ceremony, but I'll gladly make it to your reception, drink you wine and eat your food".. I would never dream of saying this. I'd either go to both or not go. Period.
    May 2013 Brides Siggy Challenge January- Let Them Eat Cake!
    My cake is a 2-tier ivory cake with silver dotted scallops, ribbon and pearl brooch.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to Re:Programs:[QUOTE]If guests are opting to come to the reception and not the ceremony due to personal conflicts, that is one thing. If you are inviting people to the reception that were not also invited to there ceremony, that is a breech of etiquette. Either way, you should have programs for everyone that RSVPs. Posted by deviousmuse[/

I'm confused where this came from but everyone was invited to both ceremony and reception....and I completely understand that things happen and people may mot be free until later in the day. This doesn't bother me, I'm just happy people can spend this special day with us at all! :

But thank you for answering my original question! 142 programs will be printed!
    :
  • Yeah I always think its bad etiquette too.. but it really happens pretty frequently. A lot of people choose not to attend the ceremony or dont make the effort to go to that but go to the reception.. especially if you are getting married in a catholic church. People think it is long and boring and just won't go.. I always think that's really rude too, but it definately happens. It's like saying geez i dont want to actually sit still and watch you get married .. the reason behind this whole celebration.. but i'll be happy to drink and eat with you.. i hate that! Sorry, just venting a bit..
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards