Texas-Dallas and Ft. Worth

Fun with Questions

So it's Friday, I have work to do, but my mind is wandering all over the place.  Let's pretend you won the lottery and have some fun with questions and a little mind masturbation (sorry if that offends anyone, but it's true!)

You just won 50 BILLION DOLLARS!!! Yea You.  Here are some questions to answer on how to spend your money....

What would be your first purchase? (do not say pay bills here!)
Where would you move?
What kind of car would you buy?
Where would you travel?
What charity would you donate to?
Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what?
What would you change about your wedding?

Re: Fun with Questions

• edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? (do not say pay bills here!)  A pair of Christian Louboutin shoes I 've had my eye on.  I'm a total shoe girl!
    Where would you move? Main house would be in Paris, but of course homes in NYC, Dallas, Rome and maybe an island getaway.
    What kind of car would you buy? Bugatti
    Where would you travel? I'd spend at least one year traveling to places i've always wanted to go...Prague, Japan, Thailand, Venice, Canada even.
    What charity would you donate to? Paws in the City, LLS, and Children's Hospital.  I'd probably open up my own no-kill shelter.
    Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what?  Heck yes, hello c cups
    What would you change about your wedding?  I'd be getting married in a quaint city in Italy that has a small chapel with open windows, then have the reception at a hilltop, ocean view villa. 
  • tnickel06tnickel06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Funny tidbit: DH and I were just talking about this last night...

What would be your first purchase? a watch, I need one and it is going to be my next purchase
    Where would you move? Well I would still be moving where I am since it is for school but I would probably buy a really nice condo on the island.
    What kind of car would you buy? We would buy DH a new car since his is 8 yrs old and I can't decide if I would keep my car or get a new one since mine is pretty good.
    Where would you travel? Europe, caribbean, everywhere lol
    What charity would you donate to? Alzheimers would be at the top of my list
    Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what? More than likely not, but if I had to, I would get lipo.
    What would you change about your wedding? I probably would have had a destination wedding in the Florida Keys, that way I could have had more family come since most live in Florida.
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? I would go on an INSANE shopping spree and buy so many clothes its not even sane....haha

Where would you move? I wouldn't live anywhere...I would just travel and hop place to place :)

What kind of car would you buy? Bugatti Veyron

Where would you travel? EVERYWHERE....My dream is to travel to as many places as I can in my lifetime

What charity would you donate to? Susan G Komen or SPCA

Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what? No I hate plastic surgery

What would you change about your wedding? Location....I would fly my closet friends and family to a beach and do a DW
  • cfibelkorncfibelkorn member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Brandi.....I see we have similar tastes in cars hahaha
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? (do not say pay bills here!)  Probably a new house.
    Where would you move?  Lakewood.  But we'd buy a second home in Maui.
    What kind of car would you buy?  That would be Ben's department--and probably wouldn't be "a car" but several!
    Where would you travel?  Everywhere.
    What charity would you donate to?  I'd have to give that careful consideration.
    Would you have any plastic surgery?  Yes, but probably later.  If so, what?  I'd get permanent hair extensions immediately.
    What would you change about your wedding?  You know, I've thought about the "money is no object" wedding but I wouldn't have changed much actually.  Maybe more extravagent flowers, lighting, a sushi bar and plated dinner.  But that's about it.  I don't think I would have even changed my venue.
  • edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? (do not say pay bills here!) a $2000 Chanel purse that my mom really likes and then the whole line of Chanel items for her :D
    Where would you move? Near the ocean and take my whole family there
    What kind of car would you buy? upgrade my Mercedes to something nicer than a C class, again maybe go for a fleet of them
    Where would you travel? Europe again.. Italy and Greece
    What charity would you donate to? Cancer research and distaster relief
    Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what? No, just hire a trainer and personal cook
    What would you change about your wedding? hire a planner, fancier venue but i am fairly happy with things as they are
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • juliebug1997juliebug1997 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase?
    The Coach purse that I've been eyeing and I would still use my 25% off coupon but I'd buy a whole lot more than my one purse!
    Where would you move?
    Southlake but I would probably buy myself a house in California and an apartment in NYC.  And probably a villa down at Disney World.
    Hmmm, what kind of car wouldn't I buy?  I'd need a Corvette, a big old SUV, and a nice sedan.
    Where would you travel?  I'd spend a year in Rome so that I could see everything and learn Italian.  I still have never been to DC and there's so much still in France that I want to see as well. 
    Probably area animal shelters and A&M Legacy Fund.
    None. 
    Well, since I'm already married, it's a little too late for that.  But a vow renewal...I'm not sure.
  • edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? Some land and a house...since we're not allowed to say bills :)

Where would you move? The hill country!

What kind of car would you buy?  Hmmmm.....I don't have a good answer for this one. I know, I'm lame.

Where would you travel? EVERYWHERE. FI and I would spend the first year of our marriage traveling around the world. Europe first! We already plan on traveling a lot next year, so having lots of money to do it with would be amazing!

What charity would you donate to? Hmmm....Not sure, cancer, a charity for children for sure. I would have to research.

Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what?  Don't think so. I may wait till after we have kids and have a breast lift or something. Right now I'm pretty happy with my perfectly imperfect body, FI likes it too ;)

What would you change about your wedding? Go get married on a beach somewhere, and pay for ALL of our friends and family to come with us. Pay for their hotel, flight, everything. That would be amazing!

• edited December 2011
    A house

Where would you move?
    I'm not sure.  I like the city we live in now.  Maybe just get a slightly nicer house.

An electric car would be cool

Where would you travel?
    Definitely to Australia

The DFW Pug Rescue group where I got my dogs from

Probably not

I might pay to have more flowers
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Anniversary

• annielouiseannielouise member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    A House! 

Where would you move?
    I would move back to ND, but purchase a winter home in Dallas as well as somewhere in the carribean.

I know it's horrible, but i dont really have a "dream car"

Where would you travel?
    EVERYWHERE!  I love to travel..Italy would be one of my first.

Susan G Koman, would also find a good one for the troops as well, since FI was in the USAF

I'd get boobs.  Cuz I definitely dont have them now.  lol

I'd make it my dream destination wedding in either Tahita or Grand Cayman
  • edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? a house for us and for my mom

Where would you move? I would keep with the plan of moving to dallas so we could still be close to family

What kind of car would you buy?honestly probably a car with a driver because I HATE driving

Where would you travel?  All over, I would take a good 6 months and just travel

What charity would you donate to?big brothers big sisters, cancer and heart research foundations

Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what? I would get breast augmentation.  I have wanted this since I was 15, I hate having to wear extremely padded bras to fill in certain tops

What would you change about your wedding? I would buy out the hotel blocks for all OOT guests and pay for our bridal parties airfare.  I would upgrade our floral as well as food, we would have much higher end food and lots of it.
  • edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? (do not say pay bills here!)  My FI's wedding band and for me a new Coach purse!
    Where would you move?  I wouldn't, just a 2nd house on a beach somewhere and a 3rd in CO.
    What kind of car would you buy?  Corvette ZR1, Camaro, Jaugar XKR Coupe
    Where would you travel?  Bora Bora, Italy, Paris, Australia... ok just about everywhere
    What charity would you donate to?  Church first, then idk some local charities... have to research that one and to the college of business where I graduated from.
    Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what?  Yes, new C cups!
    What would you change about your wedding?  Hire the best photographer ever, have totally awesome flowers... or just fly everyone to a beach for a destination wedding!
  • edited December 2011

What would be your first purchase? (do not say pay bills here!)  Hire personal shopper with a virtually unlimited budget.
    Where would you move? I wouldn't move from DFW, but I'd probably buy a flat in Europe somewhere.
    What kind of car would you buy? I wouldn't buy a car, I'd buy a 50" Fountain Boat.  No joke.
    Where would you travel? I'd quit my job and travel the world.  I mean everywhere.
    What charity would you donate to? Local charities are my thing...so local hospitals and animal shelters.  Food banks, women's shelters...  Etc.

Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what? Na, I think I'd hire a chef and personal trainer and then no modifications would be needed.
    What would you change about your wedding? If you asked me this before the wedding, probably about a billion things.  Now?  I wouldn't change a thing!
  • DonnaariesDonnaaries member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? Services: personal assistant, cleaning lady, personal chef, and later on, a bilingual nanny to teach my kids Spanish.
    Where would you move? We're in the process of moving to Austin and I think I'll like it there, I'll stick with that.
    What kind of car would you buy? Something hybrid/electric
    Where would you travel? India, Thailand, Laos, Vietnam
    What charity would you donate to? I would definitely establish an endowed scholarship at A&M
    Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what?  Not yet, but maybe a little help later on in life
    What would you change about your wedding? I would've splurged on that Amsale Tyler dress that I still swoon at every time I see another bride wearing it.  And maybe more flowers, I just love the way they look.
    D&M Bio
    Now with vendor reviews!
    Donna Cooks: My Food Blog
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    After the bills ;) it would be a house... well actually more than one.

Where would you move? I would want a beach house on some island.

What kind of car would you buy? Not too sure, I would have Chris pick them out, but mine would most likely be another SUV.

Where would you travel? Everywhere with stops all over Europe, Asia and Fiji.

What charity would you donate to?  One that deals with diabetes since it runs on both sides of my family.

Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what? Probably not

What would you change about your wedding? Move it to Hawaii and pay for all of our guests to fly out there
  • edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? (do not say pay bills here!) A new car.
    Where would you move? Dallas, the area would still be up for debate. I don't think I'd buy a vacation home because I LOVE hotels...
    What kind of car would you buy? I'd let Nathan choose.
    Where would you travel? Europe for like 2 months, and all over the US.
    What charity would you donate to? Habitat for Humanity, SPCA, and Operation Kindness
    Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what? If I could get over the fear, breast implants, and maybe a tummy tuck (after we have kids/decide to not have kids/adopt).
    What would you change about your wedding? Venue, flowers, invitations, and we'd get waaay more food.
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? A lawyer to get full custody of FI's daughter, the best Blood cancer dr to help my step dad and my parents house so they don't have to worry about bills anymore!
    Where would you move?  Same area just a bigger house with a pool; FI would say Boston which I'm ok with just not right away!!!
    What kind of car would you buy?  Mazda CX-9, not too fancy but still enough room for everyone!
    Where would you travel?  Italy and Austraila
    What charity would you donate to? Our Father's Children (already donate but would give more!)  Also the LLS since we have experinced Lymphoma persoanally now!
    Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what?  Maybe, I would maybe get a tummy tuck and lypo.  We would get FI's nose fixed!
    What would you change about your wedding?  I would have it somewhere I can invite everyone I know because it would save a lot of drama!!!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • angieandjamesangieandjames member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This is too fun.  Good distraction for a Friday!

Payoff my house, pay someone to clean if for me, and pay for a few renovations (big stuff) we've been saving for!

Where would you move?
    I'd keep my house in Dallas, but also buy some land and a house in my hometown, a really small town.

A couple!  I'd buy a 'vette, cuz I've always wanted one, and then a more practical car, some kind of SUV probably.

Where would you travel?
    Everywhere!  Lots and lots of places in Europe to start with :)

I dunno, I'd spread the money around I think... some to medical research (I don't have a near and dear cause to me personally), some for starving children, both in our country and in others... that's where I'd start.

NEW TA-TAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! heehee

I'd pay to renovate the church... it's not very pretty (teal carpet and flourescent lights, anyone??) but it's important to me because I grew up going there.  But, it could be prettier!
  • fallbride1109fallbride1109 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Oh yeah, I did think of a wedding splurge I would have done if money was no object.  Boxed couture invitations.  I don't care how frivolous they are, I would have done them and I would have had them hand delivered to everyone locally.  Oh and I would have worn a Kenneth Pool dress.
  • edited December 2011
    What would be your first purchase? (do not say pay bills here!) An ostentatious ring of epic proportions
    Where would you move?
    Probably would buy a condo in Uptown, a condo in Las Vegas (especially one of those really nice new condos that they just built in vegas) and a house on a lake.
    What kind of car would you buy? There would be several. And all of them would be tricked out. No stock colors and extra accessories.
    Where would you travel? Probably Europe and some cruises
    What charity would you donate to? Several...I would have to see which ones use more of their money on the actual work and less on the administration
    Would you have any plastic surgery?  If so, what? I want to say none but I might get my nose thinned a little. I would probably think about it a long time.
    What would you change about your wedding? Definitely get more flowers and try to hire a good dj (we are doing an i-pod wedding) If possible I would get the dress I really wanted but that wasnt practical for me to buy.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards