Rhode Island

It's official...we set a date!!

After much deliberation we have finally decided on July 16, 2011 at Regatta Place.  So excited!!  Would love any advice from past or future RP brides on what they did/are doing for food and bar.  I know we've got some time but we haven't done a food tasting so I'm wondering what others have picked and if they went with the per person bar or based on consumption.  TIA!

Feels so great to have a venue and date!

Re: It's official...we set a date!!

• edited December 2011
    Congratulations!!!!  I am having my wedding there August 19, 2011.  Right now, I am thinking for the bar to have open beer and wine and to have a signiture cocktail.  I think I am either going with the silver package or the deluxe station package for the food.  I would rather have a sit down dinner but the buffet has more choices.  We will see.  It feels so nice to know the venue is set!
  • BellaBride29BellaBride29 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks!!  Happy to hear from another RP bride.  I think we're going to wait until after the open house in July to pick the package so we can taste some of the food.  So many choices!
  • edited December 2011
    I went to their Annual Prelude back in February, everything was delicious!
  • lizr7313lizr7313 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We're getting married at Regatta July 17, 2011 .... make sure you clean up after yourselves! JK I'm a little nervous about when we are going to be able to make one of their tastings since we are moving to Dallas at the end of May, but hopefully we figure it out.  Congrats on the venue and date and I was secretly hoping you would pick Regatta   Wink
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Amylydia, good to know!

Lizr, thanks!!  Too funny our weddings are the same weekend!  I'd be happy to let you know our tasting goes in July. We are def doing a sit down dinner.  Are you working with Galen?
  • edited December 2011

Congrats on setting a date!!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats! That is such a big step!  Now on to the rest of the fun planning.  I remember a year ago, setting my date.  It is insane how fast the time has gone by.  I can't believe I'm getting married in 2 weeks!
  • edited December 2011
    congrats! it'll come quickly! we've already been engaged over a year and the big "one year mark" is coming up :)

have fun planning!
    Happily Married!! 5.29.11 was THE best day of our lives!

>-{ Blog - K5 Becomes A Bride }-<

>-{ Wedding Items FOR SALE }-<

• chantz2387chantz2387 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on setting the date! I'm getting married July 15, 2011!!
    Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone!!  Can't wait to get started on the planning and I know the next 14 months will fly by!
  • edited December 2011
    Congrats on setting your date!  I'm getting married the same day :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards