African American Weddings

Appt Updates. {LONG!}

Yesterday, I had appointments with the linen/photographer/candy buffet lady and another photographer that I want for our e-pix and maybe videography. I' gonna try to make this short and to the point.

Linens/Photography/Candy Buffet
FI and I went both went to the meeting. The lady works out of her home, which I think is great because it keeps the costs down. She had some pieces that she was working on, that were beautiful. Her "showroom" was set up in the garage. For 10 tables of navy table cloths with lime table runners would only be $180! And I think I also want napkins and they would only be $50. {This includes delivery, set up, and break down!} So, for sure, we'll be using her!

Her photography is only $500 for 10 hours! {Or $400 for 7 hrs or $600 for 11 hrs + epix or bridals} AND she takes great pics! The price includes 2 photographers, edited pix, and all rights to the pix.

Candy buffet is only $4/pp! It includes set up and break down, 4-5 candy colors, custom decorated jars, baggies, tables, and matching linens! You KNOW I'm game!

E-pix Photographer/Videographer
IDK where to start! I LOVE this woman's photography! She, FI, and I were looking at some of her recent sessions {some straight out of the camera} and her work is AMAZING! The quaility is so high, the pix really don't need editing! Her e-pix sessions are $195 for an hour and $100 for an additional hour. She's going to do our 2nd hour for FREE! Anyway, it came up that she was a Christian. Yeah, a lot of people you meet are, but she is VIETNAMESE! We were caught off guard by that. Then we were watching her videography. It was very high quality HD. The editing was very professional. And you can pick your own songs for the background. The vid package starts at $995 for 6 hr w/o editing.

We ended up talking about our personal lives and sharing different testimonies and talking about God. We had been there for over an hour at this point. Then she asked if we wanted to go to prayer meeting with her. {1st of all, on Wednesday's, we watch Criminal Minds! So, we weren't even going to OUR church. But God has a way of making you do stuff.} So, we went with her. It was held at her youth pastor's house. There were A LOT of people there and we were all in his BEDROOM. FI and I were looking like... OOOOKKKK!

The youth pastor had some good stuff to say. Then they started singing songs and praying. Cool. FI and I had to leave because he had to write a paper that due for school today. So, I hugged her and told her we were leaving and we tried to tip out. The youth pastor was like, "YOUR FRIENDS ARE LEAVING! Do you mind if we pray for you all before you leave?" We were cool with that. THEN...

OMG, those people were all in my business with prophisies! I was like, really God?! But God knows that I would listen to them because I don't know them. They prophisied to FI and me and they were so on point with everything they said! I was not prepared to be crying and snotting in front of complete strangers, but God had to do what he had to do.

We never discussed wedding photography/videography packages, but all I know is I got a great word from God. AND it was so unexpected! She will definitely be doing our e-pix, though!

{I may have left stuff out, but I have to get ready for work!}

Re: Appt Updates. {LONG!}

• edited December 2011
    Wow! I'm glad you had great meetings, Ty! What an added bonus with the prayer meeting. God sure does show up and show out in unexpected ways.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011

Thats so wonderful !!! God is definitely on time, even when you arent looking for him.  Smile

Photobucket www.mywedding.com/malcolmandkiaforever http://aawbrides.weebly.com/
  • edited December 2011
    Ditto Reka...sounds like you had an amazing experience. :)
    AAW June Siggy Challenge
    My Daddy and Me Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • LSASLSAS member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/cultural-wedding-boards_african-american-weddings_appt-updates-long?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Cultural Wedding BoardsForum:400Discussion:1aef9cd6-1fc7-4e02-a6cd-0a02d811fe0cPost:7f71f6d6-7fe2-40fc-b0ab-d2eceb23b84d">Re: Appt Updates. {LONG!}</a>:
    [QUOTE]Wow! I'm glad you had great meetings, Ty! What an added bonus with the prayer meeting. God sure does show up and show out in unexpected ways.
    Posted by missrekaeagle[/QUOTE]

Ditto!!!!
    Anniversary
  • edited December 2011

wow, just wow - what a wonderful and purposeful day you and FI had and to think God moved in your life at a time that you didn't even think you needed any assistance for...most excellent CHECK post I've read!!

• edited December 2011
    That is so wonderful! God is soooo good and faithful! I am glad you were obedient and went even though you missed your show!

Anniversary BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    YAY!!!!! All the vendors sounds nice!!!
    My Wedding Planning Bio (Updated January 24, 2011)
    Created by Wedding Favors
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic AAW May Siggy Challenge: Picture of Me and My mom! image 170 Made the cut Happy smiley!
    image 102 Making the Trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 64 Can't make the trip to Atlanta Smiley!
    image 6 Can't decide or won't let us know Smiley!
    R.S.V.P Deadline April 30th!!! SMH!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards