Honeymoon Discussions
Options

Honeymoon registry?

We've been together for almost 8 years and recently bought a house. So we don't need the typical wedding registry items because we got lots from the house warming party. 
I've heard of people registering for a honeymoon. But when looking into it further, it's really just people donating cash to you go to towards your honeymoon. Am I the only one that thinks that's wierd? I mean registry's are so people can see what you need and buy that thing. I can't seem to comprehend people pitching in cash for a honeymoon. 
Can someone explain this to me. 

Re: Honeymoon registry?

• Options
    AdeleDazeemAdeleDazeem member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012
    No need to explain further.  Go with your gut on this one and don't do a honeymoon registry.  If you go over to the Registry and Gifts board you'll see all kinds of posts debating honeymoon registries.

We didn't need anything either.  We made a super small registry (~ 20 things) and received a few things but mostly we got a boatload of cash and checks.  It worked wonderfully.
  • Options
    If you feel that way then don't do a honeymoon registry. Just stick to a traditional registry and only ask for what you need or what you want to upgrade.

• Options
    H and I have been together 5 years. Almost did a HM registry, then realized they charged crazy fees and we were just getting cash.. I made a small registry at BB&B instead, no one bought from it. Our guests knew us, and most people know that cash is appreciated. We only got cash, checks and gift cards. Though I honestly would have appreciated anything.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards