Wedding Etiquette Forum

Drinky Drink

Had a blast today with my sisters planning and then the family cookout. Saw some family I haven't seen in a while. Now I'm kicked back on the couch with the dogs and some vodka waiting on FH to get home from work. Today has been great. How has everyone else's day been?
Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Re: Drinky Drink

• Today has been a good, relaxing day. I spent a few hours with my Grandma and now I am back at the IL's house. Some friends just came over. So we will probably be doing the same thing shortly. And probably a bon fire, too. Just like old times. Fun. Can't. Wait.
  • I'm drinking a Heineken and watching Princess Diaries.  I'm so exciting.
  • I haven't been to a bon fire in forever. That would be so fun. I'll be more settled in my home next winter so I'm hoping to have a few myself. It's 80* now so it's definitely not worth it at this point. Maybe if you are around La when I have it you and H can just stop on by. haha Enjoy your evening.

• I'm watching Princess Diaries too!! It's so cute.
  • I have to go take my dog out with my hair crimped and bright blue eyeshadow on.  oh i hope all my neighbors are out!
    Photobucket
  • Right now I'm procrastinating.  I need to get out and buy some supplies for our tech work day on Monday for Alice in Wonderland.  At least I managed a hair appt today.  I love hair appts!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_drinky-drink?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:9Discussion:d8ec4ad1-1606-4342-ad5f-076cfcd22446Post:09349181-5526-42d9-a311-8a88da54147c">Re: Drinky Drink</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm drinking a Heineken and watching Princess Diaries.  I'm so exciting.
    Posted by Stackeye210[/QUOTE]
    That is one of my favorite movies :)
    image Robby James born 2.24.12 @ 23 weeks due to preterm labor
    Remembering Robby
  • teachermegsteachermegs member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Love Princess Diaries!  Have you seen the 2nd one?
     I am watching the Frozen for, go UMD! I had a great day going to BBB and Fridays. Slowly cleaning up the condo.
  • I'm here.  We are STILL waiting for our friends to get here.  He text me just before 10 and siad he was awake, had to throw pants on and get the doughnuts.  Then it's a 3 and a half hour drive.  7 hours later, and they still haven't gotten here.  

H is making us drinks right now while we wait.  We are going to a nice dinner with them at our favorite Italian place here, so I can't wait!
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • I'm watching most shocking since DH wouldn't be caught dead watching Princess Diaries.
    Uploaded from the Photobucket Android App
  • Well luckily it ended right as FI sat on the couch so I got to finish it. Now on to boring reality tv I'm sure. He's obsessed with Pawn Stars and American Pickers.
  • My DH loves those shows too. I will admit that I like Pawn Stars but I can't stand the other one.
  • Pawn Stars is DVRed in our household. Even the reruns.
  • We watched all the reruns of Pawn Stars on netflix.
  • My DH is obsessed with both Pawn Stars,  American Pickers and Storage Wars.  He gets so excited when they come on.

I just got off work.  DH just called and said we are going out.  So I guess I'm going out.  

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Going out is good. We went out yesterday and I don't want to go out again today.
  • Well I'll admit I they are growing on me and I don't get so turned off by them anymore. We just ppv'd Red so I'll be off a couple of hours. Unless this is really boring. haha
  • I'm on Order of the Phoenix in my Harry Potter marathon.
  • I wouldn't want to go out if I were you either.
    H and I like staying at home. That way no one has to worry about driving.

• My couch is way more comfortable than anything else I could be sitting on.
  • Grrrrrr. If FI's pager goes off one more time I'm gonna have to refrain from throwing it at the dang wall. That's the 4th page in like 2 hours.

• Well ladies I decided to stay in.  DH went out.  

Now the question is should I open up a bottle of wine or not?

What differentiates an average host and a great host is anticipating unexpressed needs and wants of their guests.  Just because the want/need is not expressed, doesn't mean it wouldn't be appreciated. 
  • Yes open a bottle of wine and enjoy yourself.

• Definitely open the wine. I ran out of vodka. Now I'm drinking rum and diet coke. I always say I don't like rum, but I must admit it tastes a lot like a coke float. I could get in trouble with this.
  • I tried to have a glass of wine last night. I drank about half of the half glass I poured. I drank it alternating with sips of water. I swelled like I haven't swelled before. My fingers hurt because of it so I stopped and just drank the water and the swelling went down. No more wine until after baby is born.
  • Costal when are you due? I got to see my baby sis today. She is 38 weeks and just looks so previous. She's due on the 27th. I can't wait to meet my nephew.
  • Love the rum and vodka. I usually have a vodka and lemonade. Rum is usually with diet coke.

• Hi everyone!

I'm  heating up a pizza in the oven (just too exhausted to cook, and H isn't in the mood to go out to eat), then I'm pouring some red.
  • Try flavored rums. 

Vanilla rum and cranberry (tastes like a cherry-cheesecake). 

Mango rum, pineapple, cranberry and club soda

Vanilla rum and diet coke

coconut rum and pineapple juice (has a Pina colada taste without all the sweetness from the cream of coconut

Painkiller 

• I know you all won't believe this, but I'm all out of wine.  Deliveries stop at 10
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards