Georgia-Savannah

Hey Destination Brides....(Tybee)

I'm here in Tybee if anyone would like pictures of anything. We are here now (with 4 children in tow) and leave tomorrow so I can't make any promises but I can try!

Re: Hey Destination Brides....(Tybee)

• iluvmytxrgriluvmytxrgr member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I'm on Tybee every other day if I can do the same for anyone after OP leaves.  Same around Savannah.  I don't mind emailing pics. 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    Stay away from Aj's Dockside grill.  Absolutely the worst service I've ever had!  Close to an hour wait (which we knew before hand) but no clue that it would take an hour and half for our food!  And to make matters worse, once our server put down our drinks, she disappeared for an hour!  No refills, no updates, nothing.  Then we were charged the automatic 20% gratuity fee for 6 people ... #6 is only a year old. 
    edited December 2011
    Oh, that sucks.  I'm sorry.  AJ's used to be awesome.  They've gone down hill over the last year or two. 
    Has every thing else been ok for y'all?
  • edited December 2011
    Everything was ok, but we drove 12 hours with 4 children, tried to make it a short family vacation and speak with some vendors all in 3 days.  It did not go as planned lol We were impressed with the beach but not with the ... hmmm... feel of the locals.  We are a family of 6 and it seemed like people were staring at us like we were aliens or something. I don't know, maybe it was because we were too stressed out.

One great thing I have to say is about the Shrine Club.  The men I spoke with were the nicest people we met while down there.  And if you're just visiting then do not climb the lighthouse!  OMGosh my legs hurt for 3 days!  I was carrying the youngest (16mos) in her carrier up the steps, but still!  178 steps!  OUCH

Changed my name since the other is so obvious... then I changed my mind on having a destination wedding LOL
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Oh, I used to climb the lighthouse several times a week when I was I kid.  I tried to do it a few years ago and thought I was going to die.  My legs turned to jello. 
    I think you may have just been stressed.  I have lived on Tybee nearly my entire life.  MH and I have 4 kids.  Many people I know out there have large families.  Heck, the majority of the people out there are Catholic.  Large families really aren't an oddity.  I know that sometimes when I am stressed and the kids are not at their best, I feel like people are staring at us like we are aliens.  Other times, I think they can see the steam about to come out of my ears, lol. 
    One day, I thought my kids were being little demons.  I was about to snap and take everyone home.  A lady two tables over had been staring at us.  Just about the time I was going to say something to her, she came over to the table.  She commented on how well behaved my kids were and how she was so happy to see young families raising their children to use table manners.  It totally made my day. 
    I'm sorry your weekend wasn't all that you hoped.  I wish you all the best with your wedding planning. 
  • edited December 2011

Hi! My fiancé and I are eloping the first week in September. Do you have any suggestions for ceremony locations in the Savannah/Tybee area? It will just be the two of us.

edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_hey-destination-bridestybee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:278af822-dc9b-4d1d-8a1b-e7f34cf7b7a0Post:4ee45f0f-8cac-4f06-808c-a0678ba802bd">Re: Hey Destination Brides....(Tybee)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! My fiancé and I are eloping the first week in September. Do you have any suggestions for ceremony locations in the Savannah/Tybee area? It will just be the two of us.
    Posted by hsjdhd[/QUOTE]
    There are several inns that offer elopement packages.  There are also several JOPs that will do a private ceremony on the beach, if that is something you are interested in. 
    What kind of feel are you looking for?  That may help me narrow things down for you a bit. 
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for responding! We just want a very "Savannah" look....southern charm style. Since we are getting married in late summer, we were thinking an indoor ceremony would be best because of the heat/humidity. We are also planning to do a few post-wedding shots outside. We have considered the Mansion at Forsyth Park (where we are planning to stay) for the ceremony, then head over to the park for post-wedding photos. My only concern is the issue with the Mansion and elopement ceremonies. Basically, if you stay at the Mansion they won't charge for an elopment ceremony (if you have no guests), but you can't really "reserve" a space...it's a "whatever space is available" type of thing. Granted, we are getting married on a Friday and there are tons of spaces at the Mansion for a ceremony, it makes me nervous to not have an designated space/time. We've looked into a few alternatives, including Tybee Island (I thought the ocean breeze would be a litle more pleasant for outdoor photos) but nothing is really standing out. The Mansion would be my choice, but as I said not sure how I feel about the "no designated spot" situation.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_georgia-savannah_hey-destination-bridestybee?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:603Discussion:278af822-dc9b-4d1d-8a1b-e7f34cf7b7a0Post:4ee45f0f-8cac-4f06-808c-a0678ba802bd">Re: Hey Destination Brides....(Tybee)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi! My fiancé and I are eloping the first week in September. Do you have any suggestions for ceremony locations in the Savannah/Tybee area? It will just be the two of us.
    Posted by hsjdhd[/QUOTE]

<a href="http://tybeeislandwedding.com/">http://tybeeislandwedding.com/</a>

My FI and I are getting married by this couple. I know they are booked for the 10th, we took the last slot. Good luck!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards