Wedding Cakes & Food Forum

is mexican chicken to out there for an entree?

Hey ladies,

We went to our venue tasting last night. We loved the prime rib and stuffed fillet of soul. The chicken marsala was horrible. the other choices for chicken dishes were:

-chicken picatta with capers but not everyone likes capers and my fiancee hates capers.

-Mexican chicken which was chicken breast stuffed with pulled pork with mexican cheese and warm salsa on top.

-or chicken francese for an extra 5 dollars a person for people ordering chicken

-or not serve a chicken  dish and do a stuffed pork lion with vegetable stuffing.

I am leaning towards the mexican chicken though it was not available for our tasting but I have a feeling that it was very unusual. our venue includes a vegetarian dish as the standard fourth dinner option. what do you ladies think?
Photobucket invite1

Re: is mexican chicken to out there for an entree?

• kmmssgkmmssg mod
    First Anniversary First Answer First Comment 5 Love Its
    edited December 2011
    I don't think it is too "out there" at all.  I would enjoy a dish like that.  It's not your typical "wedding chicken."
  • FaithCaitlinFaithCaitlin member
    5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would like the Mexican chicken as would my FI. Sounds yummy and different!

However, I'd definitely do a tasting. 

imageUntitledmy read shelf:
    Faith (FaithCaitlin)'s book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
  • mpatt2122mpatt2122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I personally wouldn't like it because of the pork, but then again I am kind of a picky eater. I think it sounds fine. I think most guests would enjoy it.
    Anniversary
  • MelodyriverMelodyriver member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I really love the idea of it. I don't think it's too out there at all...
  • steveandtasteveandta member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thanks guys!
    Photobucket invite1
  • peanutty2peanutty2 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Agree, I think the pork part of it is a bad idea.  I'd want to have a chicken dish that just has chicken.  I know too many people that eat chicken but do not eat pork.  Maybe you could do the dish but without the pork?  Or do the marsala or capers dish. 
  • Nati05Nati05 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011

Sounds yummy to me! But specifying might be helpful for your guests. GL!

• edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_food-cakes_mexican-chicken-out-there-entree?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:23Discussion:952b26ab-5474-4c3e-94ff-0b79a02348b4Post:8c4bb576-2b72-4970-861a-99357c346df1">Re: is mexican chicken to out there for an entree?</a>:
    [QUOTE]It sounds good, but I think you can run into problems having it stuffed with pork. If you are asking people to specify a meal choice on their RSVP card, be sure you are clear about the chicken being stuffed with pork.
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

<div>This. But you know your guests better than anyone. For example, half of FI's family is Jewish, so we would never even offer it. </div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards