Wedding Woes

Wedding guests

I have a feeling that everyone from my guest list is coming. I have family that I thought would not attend and now I hear they are coming. I am worried about how much more it is going to cost to have everyone there. What should I do? It is starting to stress me out because I have a tight and limited budget.

Re: Wedding guests

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_wedding-woes_wedding-guests-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:47Discussion:21b5908c-d8eb-4edc-82d5-e7004d751ea1Post:f1344aac-6d89-455a-92dd-037a43d81456">Wedding guests</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have a feeling that everyone from my guest list is coming. I have family that I thought would not attend and now I hear they are coming. I am worried about how much more it is going to cost to have everyone there. What should I do? It is starting to stress me out because I have a tight and limited budget.
    Posted by zblondchef[/QUOTE]

why did you invite more people than you could reasonably afford to host? you ALWAYS assume 100% attendance.

you will either need to find places to scale back, or find a way to make more money.
  • tawillerstawillers member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    edited February 2012

Agreed with Barbie.  You should have thought about that before you invited more than you could afford.

But now that it's too late for that, you are going to have to figure this out.  Go with a cheaper meal, DIY your flowers, cancel the limo, go with the cheaper photog package, etc.

Why are you "hearing" that all of these people are coming?  Aren't you getting their RSVPs?

:/

• Guess it's time for a second job.
  • I have 213 people and I'm guessing about 180 will attend, but other than 2 people that I know will not be able to attend due to deployment and I have them on my list just to send them an invitation for their collections (their requests) I'm assuming 211 people will attend. Try cutting back on what you are serving them or move the ceremony and reception times so you won't have to serve a full meal.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker pregnancy calendar baby development
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards