Connecticut

Wedding Row in Clinton

Hey- I got married many moons ago in Fairfield County. A few of my friends have been getting engaged and I was wondering what people thought about  "Wedding Row" in Clinton. Things have changed a bit since I got married and I settled down nearby and I've read a lot about the wedding related places in Clinton in my local paper.  I was wondering what people thought about them. Should I direct my friends there? Is it worth the trip from the Stamford area? One of them HATES the idea of going into the city to a place like Kleinfeld's and would much rather shop in Connecticut. From what I read I think that she and her mom would love The White Dress By the Shore. I think there is also an invitation place nearby.

I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true. -Dorothy Parker

Re: Wedding Row in Clinton

• lfreeman24lfreeman24 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I cannot say enough good things about White Dress by the Shore! I seriously adore that place. I went there on a whim to just try on dresses (and NOT buy) to appease my mom. I ended up buying a dress on the spot, a few months before I even really needed to buy one. I've had many friends shop there and they have all had a wonderful experience. The staff is SO friendly and knowledgeable and NOT at all pushy. They even let me go back once my dress was in just to  try on my dress before I made the final payment. AND  I bought wedding day jewelry there.  The owner Beth is always around and the ladies there make you feel like you're shopping at a friends not at some stuffy bridal place.

I'm also using Jennia Fresa for my makeup and hair which is in wedding row and they are phenomenal as well! I have never been to the invitation place but honestly I'd recommend wedding row, especially if your friends would rather buy in Connecticut than in NYC! 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I also bought my dress from The White Dress by the Shore and would definitely recommend them. I had second thoughts about the first dress I bought and Beth let me come back in and try on more until I found "the dress." They were amazing! I also am going to start going to Jennie Fresa for facials and the such.
  • I also got my dress at The White Dress by the Shore. I wasn't at all ready to start shopping for dresses but I got an e-mail through the Knot about a sample sale they were having. I went, tried on about 10 dresses and bought the first one I tried on. I love the shop and can't wait to go for my first fitting! It is a bit far from me as I live in New Fairfield, CT, so unfortunately I haven't been to any of the other wedding row locations. I will probably look into getting my under the dress lingerie from Beneath The Gown.
  • Thank you all so much! I will definitely be recommending wedding row to all my friends who have gotten engaged recently!  Whitney- thanks for the tip on Beneath the Gown- I actually need to replace somethings so I may shop there myself.
    I don't care what is written about me so long as it isn't true. -Dorothy Parker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards