Snarky Brides

Good morning!!

What's everyone's plans for today?

We'll be headed to church in a couple hours.  I have a BM coming into town so we'll be doing some shopping. Then working out/grocery shopping.  Nothing huge so it should be another laidback day.  We almost bought a livingroom set yesterday because it was SO comfy and on mega sale because of Memorial Day but I'm glad I insisted we leave the store and think about it for a half hour first.  We decided it's just not worth it to drop this much money before the wedding when we don't NEED the couches and don't even have a house yet (therefore don't know if the couches would match our eventual new livingroom).

Re: Good morning!!

• anna.oskaranna.oskar member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited May 2012
    Morning!

Just getting ready to meet the in-laws for breakfast (they're in town due to a wedding last night), then we'll hit up Sam's Club for some quick shopping and then back home to get everything ready for our 3pm backyard party. I have devilled eggs to make, hamburgers to press, and apps to bake.   My niece called me last night to remind me that she is reigning bocce bal champion of the world and prepared to defend her title today.  i think i might try to teach her some humility  ;)  I've also got to dig out the bean bag toss game as I have no idea where that got stored during the last reorganization.
  • That sounds like such a fun day Anna! Have fun!
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment First Anniversary
    edited May 2012
    Morning!

I am exhausted from all of the traveling I did in the past week, so I fully intend to be lazy today.  If I find the energy, I might hit up the gym later, but I have a feeling that probably won't happen.

Chels, I wouldn't worry too much about furniture matching the rooms.  As long as you buy a neutral color, I think you'll be fine.  You can always paint walls if you need to. 

But do keep the size of the furniture in mind.  When I purchased my bedroom set, I was an idiot and didn't think to look at the dimensions of the furniture vs the dimensions of my bedroom (at the time I was in an apartment in Ohio).  I ordered the furniture online, and when it arrived I discovered it was MASSIVE.  All I could fit in the bedroom was 1 nightstand, the bed frame, and the dresser.  The armoire and 2nd nightstand had to go out in the living room, and the tall chest of drawers thankfully fit in my walk in closet.  It's gorgeous and I love it, but damn it's big furniture. So yeah, lesson learned!
  • Morning!

I was on the couch all day yesterday with a migraine, so I didnt get anything done that I wanted to. So I'm headed to Lowes today, they are the only ones who carry what I want. Then off to the garden center. I want to make this umbrella stand.

And our anniversary dinner was supposed to be last night, but we had to change it to tonight. We did watch The Woman in Black last night, it was scary.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    Anna, sounds like you have a good party planned! Have fun :)  And I love reorganizing, but I hate having to remember where everything is. I tend to go on random organizing sprees and it drives H up the wall because he can never find anything when I'm done. 
  • Oooh we've been wanting to see The Woman in Black... maybe we'll rent that for tonight.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:aacc2548-83a5-40c7-a3e0-89f7475e087a">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Oooh we've been wanting to see The Woman in Black... maybe we'll rent that for tonight.
    Posted by chelseamb11[/QUOTE]

It was scary and very creepy, but once again I was disappointed in the ending. Rent it and tell me what you think. It is worth it.
  • Good morning! We are meeting with out officiant today to finalize the ceremony plans. Then we are headed to FI's grandparents for dinner before making the drive home. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed. I get little to no sleep here.
    imageVacation
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    Morning all! KD I love that umbrella! We just got a patio set and grill from Lowe's, they've been having great sales. Fun day planned here, church and then the ILs are hosting a BBQ. I made a fruit salad with ginger lime dressing, and a big pitcher of sangria.

• morning ladies!  Chels, good call on waiting.  It's far more fun to pick our furniture for your house once you have it anyway :)  I'm glad we never bought a 'real' living room set. Our LR is laid out kind of funny, but we were able to fit two full size couches and a La-Z-Boy in it. We never would've known that though, you know?

It's 8:45 and we've already done laundry and cleaned most of the house. All that's left is the kitchen table clutter (i.e. the worst part.)  It's supposed to be 95 today, too, ew. So we've got out a/c running already to try and give it a head start (it's only 68 but really humid.)  Hopefully we keep it somewhat bearable while people are over.  I also need to make some hamburgers and cut up some cheese and fruit.  I got lazy and bought potato salad from Costco though. 
  • I really really want to buy a new patio set. H is convinced he's going to add built-in benches to the deck though, so we'll wait and see. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:eafad598-7825-41ab-888c-f1f666f25b9a">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I really really want to buy a new patio set. H is convinced he's going to add built-in benches to the deck though, so we'll wait and see. 
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

I love this idea, but I cant wait on "someone" to do all the things he says he will do. I hope you have better luck.

H wants adirondack chairs so we are going to Amish country tomorrow.
  • jcg98jcg98 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    In Response to Re:Good morning!!:[QUOTE]Good morning! We are meeting with out officiant today to finalize the ceremony plans. Then we are headed to FI's grandparents for dinner before making the drive home. I can't wait to sleep in my own bed. I get little to no sleep here. Posted by brandichamberlain[/QUOTE]
    I know the feeling, I don't sleep as well here. Probably because the bed is kind of small, ILs think it's a queen but there is no way it's more than a double. With H being 6'4" neither of us can get comfortable.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:c761a83a-1a4a-44da-95e7-f4e12b6c587d">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : I love this idea, but I cant wait on "someone" to do all the things he says he will do. I hope you have better luck. H wants adirondack chairs so we are going to Amish country tomorrow.
    Posted by kd.joseph[/QUOTE]

<div>mmhmm. It's getting to that point ;) I normally don't mind, but it sucks whe we want to have people over, like today. There's nowhere for everyone to sit outside.  He gets  until the end of the summer. I'll stalk summer-end sales for patio sets. </div><div>
    </div><div>Home Depot had some really nice looking Adirondack chairs the other weekend! I mean, not as nice as Amish-made, probably, but still nice looking!</div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:2f0119d2-3087-4c45-859f-fa9aca289dc2">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : mmhmm. It's getting to that point ;) I normally don't mind, but it sucks whe we want to have people over, like today. There's nowhere for everyone to sit outside.  He gets  until the end of the summer. I'll stalk summer-end sales for patio sets.  Home Depot had some really nice looking Adirondack chairs the other weekend! I mean, not as nice as Amish-made, probably, but still nice looking!
    Posted by Steph+J[/QUOTE]

H is picky (read PITA), he thinks they are too thin and he wants handmade. But, we need to find the Amish guy who moved his store up to Middlefield from here last year. We've done business with him several times, and he has the bedroom set we fell in love with.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:eca18eec-7e72-47f9-bc8b-103bc6af2763">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning! I was on the couch all day yesterday with a migraine, so I didnt get anything done that I wanted to. So I'm headed to Lowes today, they are the only ones who carry what I want. Then off to the garden center. I want to make this umbrella stand.   And our anniversary dinner was supposed to be last night, but we had to change it to tonight. We did watch The Woman in Black last night, it was scary.

I'm loving that umbrella stand
    imageimage
  • All the talk about furniture and home improvements makes me want to start looking at houses.  We agreed that we would wait until he graduates and we have 10% to put down though.  I know that is logical, but I'm kind of bummed about our boring apartment.
    imageVacation
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:1794ec6f-21de-49ac-804c-48f9e8ce7909">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : I'm loving that umbrella stand
    Posted by JenGin74[/QUOTE]

I found it on Pinterest. I'm most excited about finding the pot.

<a href="http://www.sunset.com/garden/landscaping-design/planter-umbrella-stand-00400000023026/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sunset.com/garden/landscaping-design/planter-umbrella-stand-00400000023026/</a>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:c0eaf603-0053-4e0a-a074-c1d831497b42">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : I found it on Pinterest. I'm most excited about finding the pot. <a href="http://www.sunset.com/garden/landscaping-design/planter-umbrella-stand-00400000023026/" rel="nofollow">http://www.sunset.com/garden/landscaping-design/planter-umbrella-stand-00400000023026/</a>

Yup, that's pretty fabulous. I'll have to talk Tim into though because I have no say in the exterior or yard when the house is done (in exchange I get to do whatever I want on the main level of the house, so that seemed like a fair deal).

What color pot are thinking of getting?
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:676baff5-33ea-43ac-a7dc-113f7dc0c2ce">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : Yup, that's pretty fabulous. I'll have to talk Tim into though because I have no say in the exterior or yard when the house is done (in exchange I get to do whatever I want on the main level of the house, so that seemed like a fair deal). What color pot are thinking of getting?

I have no idea, the garden store has so many.
  • Morning ladies.  Im sitting on my porch drinking coffee eating waffles.  I need to call work in a few minutes to see if they need me.   I hate being on call.  I have a feeling I may have to work.  People love to call out on holidays because they never get in trouble for it.

Its beautiful out right now.  Like 68 with a nice breeze.  I think its going to be in the 70's.
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • Morning!

We are supposed to get a tropical storm in a few hours. I brought in our patio furniture (haha, 3 camping chairs) and I'm trying to encourage the dogs to be outside as much as possible so they aren't bummed when they are stuck inside for a long time.

Since we will more than likely lose cable, I'll watch some crappy old movies tonight. Hopefully we don't lose power. 
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:2952504d-80ab-46fb-8661-5b2f93c1db30">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Morning ladies.  Im sitting on my porch drinking coffee eating waffles.  I need to call work in a few minutes to see if they need me.   I hate being on call.  I have a feeling I may have to work. <u><strong> People love to call out on holidays because they never get in trouble for it. </strong></u>Its beautiful out right now.  Like 68 with a nice breeze.  I think its going to be in the 70's.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

I think that's crap. Why don't they get in trouble?

I'm amazed at some of the things people at my job get away with. A couple of weeks ago, one of the guys was MIA for 3 days and he came back like nothing was wrong. To my knowledge, he just got away with it. Ridiculous.
    imageimage
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:ec892d1e-6a01-44cd-9c28-e23e9c23f12d">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : I think that's crap. Why don't they get in trouble? I'm amazed at some of the things people at my job get away with. A couple of weeks ago, one of the guys was MIA for 3 days and he came back like nothing was wrong. To my knowledge, he just got away with it. Ridiculous.
    I would think you'd get in more trouble calling off holidays you were scheduled to work.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:ec892d1e-6a01-44cd-9c28-e23e9c23f12d">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : I think that's crap. <strong><u>Why don't they get in trouble?</u></strong> I'm amazed at some of the things people at my job get away with. A couple of weeks ago, one of the guys was MIA for 3 days and he came back like nothing was wrong. To my knowledge, he just got away with it. Ridiculous.

Because most of the time its the people that have been there for 20 years who do it and there is a lot of favoritism.  Also, you cant really question people for calling out sick.  Its just weird.  Especially since I never call out.  Also, those women who call out never have to be on call so that makes it even more unfair.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • How long have you been working there, blue?
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
  • LP11509LP11509 member
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:294ed1b3-72bb-4858-9c30-0163e1927088">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : I would think you'd get in more trouble calling off holidays you were scheduled to work.
    Posted by LetsHikeToday[/QUOTE]

<div>That's what I would think, too.  My brother is a waiter, and while he is much more responsible now, when we was younger he would call in "sick" over holidays/long weekends all the time if he wanted to go on a road trip with his band and knew he wouldn't be granted the day off if he asked.  Management figured out the pattern and eventually fired him. </div>
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_good-morning-249?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:9eef5009-9a44-4795-9abc-54ed90db74aaPost:c4e48988-167a-4f8b-89da-3bcf47b173c6">Re: Good morning!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Good morning!! : Because most of the time its the people that have been there for 20 years who do it and there is a lot of favoritism.  Also, you cant really question people for calling out sick.  Its just weird.  Especially since I never call out.  Also, those women who call out never have to be on call so that makes it even more unfair.
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Yeah, that whole situation seems pretty unfair. I wonder what they'd do if you called out? I'm not suggesting you test the waters or anything, but it would be interesting to see if you got held to a different standard.
    imageimage
  • Hike- I have been there over 2 years.

Jen- I have only called out 3 times since I have worked there and its when I have been really really sick.  Like puking sick.

I also called out for the week after my retrieval when I got OHSS, but that was Drs orders and I literally could not move I was in so much pain.  But people take such advantage of it.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • I hate double standards in the work place. My old principal was big on them. I didn't have to worry about anything because he liked me but he would get on some teachers for the same thing that other teachers did. Everyone knew it and everyone was also glad when he left to go principal another school.
    imageBabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards