Wedding Party

Family Dilemma! Help!!

I was not planning on having my cousin in my wedding. I did not even think it would even be a possibility until she was "engaged" for about a week and asked me to be in her wedding... Well when I saw her for lunch she said she would be really upset if she wasn't in my wedding AND "make sure I am in the front because I was in a wedding before and was towards the back and it made me mad, so make sure I am in the front"... We are not friends but we are family that sees each other often and she has a terrible attitude and is not someone that I want my future grandparents to be around. I realize she will be there and around them I just don't want that image to be portrayed to my future in-laws and friends. 
What do I do and say? 

Re: Family Dilemma! Help!!

• mbcdefgmbcdefg member
    5 Love Its First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited August 2010
    Say nothing about this unless she specifically mentions being your bridesmaid.

Cousin: "I can't wait to be your bridesmaid/When are we going to look for dresses?/I'm the Maid of Honor, right?/You'd better not put me in purple because I hate purple."

You: "I've already chosen my bridal party."

Cousin: Whine, moan, biitch, grunt, scream, threaten, cry.

You: "Sorry you feel that way, but FI and I already have the bridal party set." *walk away or hang up phone*

The end.
  • "If everyone we loved was standing up with us, there would be no one left to watch the ceremony!"
  • Also, why "engaged?"  Is she actually engaged or is she not?
  • I would ask this girl to do a reading - you're still including her that way but not in your bridal party.

• If she's really that much of a snot, make her the guest book attendant. Tongue out

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_family-dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:1adc6161-1017-4ad4-8836-b4cc44fad716Post:014abef8-aa08-4d69-8b44-4c68ecb2a2ba">Re: Family Dilemma! Help!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]"If everyone we loved was standing up with us, there would be no one left to watch the ceremony!"
    Posted by gottahavashorti[/QUOTE]

That is absolutely perfect! Do it!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards