Massachusetts-Boston

brides?

Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
First Anniversary 5 Love Its Combo Breaker First Comment
edited May 2013 in Massachusetts-Boston
Im jealous of the posts below where lots of girls are getting married at the same place!  Any DYC brides?  Lets share our ideas too!

Im getting married there in November in the grand ballroom.
045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
BabyFruit Ticker
DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!

Re: brides?

• edited December 2011
    I am getting married at DYC 7/23/11 in the grand ballroom....was there last weekend for the bridal show and LOVE it more than I did the first time!  I know Beantownmama is geting marrid there soon- May I think!  Who did you meet with? I met with Heather first, and thought she was a doll.  I'm DYING for uplighting, because it looks amazing in the room, but don't know if we can possibly afford it
  • Blueyed228Blueyed228 member
    edited December 2011

I was at the bridal show too!

I forget who I met with.  THe head guy and some older woman.  I want uplighting too, they have a guy who does it but i would be curious to see how much. 

Im considering contacting a high school or college theatre department and see if they can do uplighting.

How many people are you having.  We are at 250 with our guest list right now (hopefully it will get trimmed, lol).  Im concerned about it looking to thin in the room.

BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Ya we will be inviting around 250ish.  I have a big Italian family, so that brings the numbers to at least 125! My mom actually knows Peter at Groove Entertainment, and he said normally its about $2k for the whole room, but with adjustments and stuff it can be a lot cheaper.  He said that we could give him a price and he would see if he would be able to work with it. 
  • edited December 2011
    Hey, jumping in late here. I'm getting married there in 2 1/2 months! The lighthouse room, though. We have 100 invitees so probably around 80 guests. We're also having our ceremony there at the gazebo. I'm worried about the room being so small but I didn't like the Garden Terrace room becase it has NO WINDOWS! Um, hello, what's the point of getting married at a yacht club if you can't even see the water! So we trimmed the list and went with Lighthouse Point. Windows on 3 sides I was sold. I am BIG into windows with everywhere I go lol.
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_danversport-yacht-club-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:89Discussion:daa264da-6ad5-4005-9410-83dcd37943cdPost:1ef78c98-27b0-49a2-8c64-35613cdf992b">Re: Danversport Yacht Club brides?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey, jumping in late here. I'm getting married there in 2 1/2 months! The lighthouse room, though. We have 100 invitees so probably around 80 guests. We're also having our ceremony there at the gazebo. I'm worried about the room being so small but I didn't like the Garden Terrace room becase it has NO WINDOWS! Um, hello, what's the point of getting married at a yacht club if you can't even see the water! So we trimmed the list and went with Lighthouse Point. Windows on 3 sides I was sold. I am BIG into windows with everywhere I go lol.
    Posted by Beantown Mama[/QUOTE]

Im the same way with the windows.  I cant believe how many ballrooms are out there without any.

I didnt like the terrace either, but because of the color of the drapes that hand everywhere, even on the chandeliers.  I didnt get to see the Lighthouse room!  But the pics online are so pretty!  I love the floors.
    BabyFruit Ticker
    edited December 2011
    Beantown: I notice you are using Adriano Batti.  I was thinking of him too.  I met him at the bridal show and liked him.  Have you had any e-pics done with him or anything?  How was he?  I found him a bit expensive.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    I'm looking into getting married at Danversport in Nov. 2011.  We'll be meeting with them next week.  Not sure I'll be using the ballroom, only 180 guests.
  • edited December 2011
    Blueyed- I have actually never met him. I was living in NC when I had to book the photographer so I bascially had to go with what I found online. I do think he is a bit expensive but I do really love his pictures and have heard from people he is great to work with the day of. We will meet with him soon to finalize everything for the wedding. And you can see my pictures in 2 months and I can tell you personally how he was to work with.

The lighthouse room is for small weddings. Under 100. Probably why you didn't see it. I'm just hoping for a nice day because with the lighthouse room you get the french doors opened to the courtyard with a tented patio. I'm hoping to put the stations out there so there is more room inside.
    Marieke & Michael 5.14.10 Loving life with our 2 boys Anthony (3.22.08) and Dominic (due 2.14.11)!!!
  • edited December 2011
    I am also getting married at the Danversport Yacht Club in the Garden Terrace on November 11, 2011.  I'm from Danvers but now live in North Hollywood CA.  I was back home last month and took a look at the renovations and I thought that the Garden Terrace looked beautiful.  So far I've been working with Lauren and she has been wonderful!

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    I'm getting married at DYC Memorial Day next year in the ball room. Any experiences? How much was the uplighting?
  • edited December 2011
    I"m getting married at DYC Memorial Day weekend, what did you use for transportation and hotels?
  • edited December 2011
    Hello, I realize your post was from 2 years ago...I just booked the lighthouse room at Danversport and am wondering how many people you ended up with and was there room for dancing? I'm probably going to have the max number and I'm worried about how tight it will be. Thanks!
  • I am also worried about dancing in the lighthouse room.  Have people who had the reception there found that it was enough space?  I think we will have 75 guests.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards