Chit Chat

Kinda TMI-- but I need advice

Hi Ladies! So the dreaded Aunt Flo is scheduled to make her appearence the day of or the day before my wedding!! ARRGGGHHH!! Just my luck! I've always been super regular so counting the days is pretty accurate. I have been doing some reading on different things. One being birth control- this is obviously the best. I also read something on Livestrong.com about natural progesterone cream. Has anyone heard or know of anyone that has used this? I really only want to delay my period for a week, or maybe even induce it, which i read the cream could do as well. Any advice would be appreciated!! TIA!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Kinda TMI-- but I need advice

• I used birth control to schedule my period, but I started it about 7-8 months in advance. If you've never been on hormonal birth control then it's not going to make enough of a difference after only 2 months to change when your period will happen.

I don't know about the other options, but GL!
    Rocking the Dress with my Bestie
    Vacation
    Married Bio
    Day Zero / Blog
  • Thanks ladies. I'm not on the pill now, but I had been taking one for about 5 yrs, then the whole thing about Yaz came out and I just stopped taking it. I just had my annual exam and I didn't even think to ask her about getting back on a BC temporairly. I think that may be what I need to do. Then again, I don't know if I have time! Thanks though, I appreciate the advice- and so quickly too!! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_kinda-tmi-but-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:14Discussion:03e1767a-bbb1-43b4-b67d-8db8fbcefeb0Post:61bc3701-cf93-49b3-a522-4fb35644c4c5">Re: Kinda TMI-- but I need advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you are already on the pill, speak with your doctor to see if it's a kind that you can use to skip a period. If you are not on the right type of pill already, there probably isn't much you can do at this point as far as using BC to skip one is concerned. I have never heard of changing your period with a hormone cream.  Again, talk to your doctor!
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

I have done this before. I'm obviously not qualified to give medical advice but with the kind of birth control I am on, I am able to ocassionally skip a period. Check with your doctor.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers Follow Me on Pinterest
  • With only 2 months until the wedding, unless you're already on a pill where you can alter your cycle by skipping some or all of your placebo week, I don't think there's really a way to ensure that you'll actually succeed in doing this. I've definitely never heard of a cream that can do what you're describing.

You should really consult your doctor about what your options are here. Even if you're on a pill where you can tweak your cycle, I wouldn't recommend doing so without asking your doctor about it first.

*I felt sorry for my husband before I met him. Take a number.*

• cwill6212cwill6212 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I'm SO glad you posted this.  Aunt Flo has TOTALLY gotten off schedule now, thanks to being a week and a half late this time.  So, now I am panicking that she is going to wreck havoc on my wedding day.  Not on BC (tried several types over the years but could never get it right so I gave up)  That appears to be the consensus on what to do----so I guess I'm left to pray and cross my fingers?
  • i agree milkduds! But I would rather have it be closer to the end of my period than then first day!! *LOL* :) i think my only option is to just let mother nature take her course. maybe wedding stress will make it early or late! I appreciate all the advice ladies!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_chit-chat_kinda-tmi-but-need-advice?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:14Discussion:03e1767a-bbb1-43b4-b67d-8db8fbcefeb0Post:da3210a2-3f32-47df-913f-1443d13a3835">Re: Kinda TMI-- but I need advice</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Kinda TMI-- but I need advice :   Is having your period on your wedding day ideal?  Nope. Should you let it ruin your day?  Nope!
    Posted by ILoveMilkDuds[/QUOTE]

This exactly! 
    Photobucket
    Follow Me on Pinterest
    Just because you saw it on Four Weddings, doesn't mean it's a good idea.
  • Well I am right there with you dmullican ... My Aunt Flo decided to be a few weeks late this time and now it looks like I might be in the same situation for my wedding.  Hopefully between now and then it decides to do something different... **crossing my finger**
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    My Planning Bio - Update 6/8/2012 LilySlim Weight loss tickers

110 Ready to have a Good Time image Final Head Count

• OP, PP's have suggested great advice. I'd call your doctor as soon as you can and see what your options are. If you can't delay or skip, then just go with it. Don't let it ruin your day by any means :)

. . .Am I the only one that totally didn't take into account the timing of my P along with my wedding date? I suppose that was the last thing on my mind lol.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Thanks NCSU, I'll def try not to let it ruin my day! And as far as taking it into account when picking my wedding date, I never thought about having my P that day until I started this last month and just happened to look at the calendar.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • OK take this with a grain of salt but I feel like one year I thought I was going to have this problem with prom (back in the day), and I read someting in Seventeen (again, back in the day) about a hormone shot you can get that lets you skip a period.

No matter what, definitely go to the doctor, as I'm sure things like this happen all the time and there must be SOMETHING that can be done. Good luck!
  • I think I'm facing the same situation myself, and am going to talk to my Dr. next week about going on BC to skip a cycle if need be.  As it stands right now I'm on track to start the day before the wedding, and if there's a way to delay it, I'm going to!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Anniversary
  • I agree with consulting your doctor. I dont have advice on how to skip or make it work for you, but I can add that if you start a new pill you'll probably be irregular for a bit and you may spot. If you DO spot, drink grapefruit juice with the pill. I was spotting for a few weeks straight and ready to give up. I called my Dr because she made me promise I'd stick through the spotting stage and she suggested it. It really, really helped. 

I just googled and this is what the purpose of the juice is: Grapefruit juice contains a chemical that slows estrogen metabolism if the pill is taken with a glass of juice. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I would first consult a doctor. If you are already on BC it would be easier to skip rather than be just starting the pill. I am on the nuvaring and was scheduled the get my period the weekend of my wedding. With the nuvaring I was able to just take it out a few days early because In my case that means my period comes the same amount of days early. Good luck, I hope it works out for you !!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket
  • I'd be more concerned with having it on my honeymoon! The way my cycle is now, I'll be on it on my wedding and the first part of my honeymoon. So hopefully these next 7 months or so change that or I will be looking into drastic measures too!
  • Typically the stress of everything delays your cycle 10 days to 2 weeks.
  • Totally TMI, but Aunt Flo visited me a few days before my wedding.  I had thought I was safe since I was on BC and wasn't scheduled to get my period until a week after we got home from the honeymoon, but the stress of the wedding changed all that, and it arrived early.  It stuck around until the second day of the honeymoon.  Yeah, it sucked, but I survived.    Although I did ask my MOH to keep an eye on my dress to make sure it stayed pristine white.
    PitaPata Cat tickers Anniversary
  • I totally planned the date around this too. So far so good! Call your dr and see what they can do! Good luck!
    BabyFetus Ticker
  • This may go way beyond TMI but if you cant change the timing of AF, you might consider Soft Cups. Google them.

Anniversary
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards