November 2013 Weddings

Little Black book

Is anyone planning on doing any boudoir photos as a gift to give to their husband? 

I am actually excited to have some done! I am also a nervouse wreck but my husband would adore them! I have seen some beautiful ones done! I want them to be sexy,yet tastefully done!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Little Black book

• I so wanted to so this, but FI, doesnt want me too :(. SO I guess I wont, I really want to but Fi doesnt think its ok for me to do.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_little-black-book?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:5e7b9d33-af39-46d7-9374-2f32cbce0729Post:1160d5d2-94c5-4a7a-9618-0efe1c0fb214">Re: Little Black book</a>:
    [QUOTE]I so wanted to so this, but FI, doesnt want me too :(. SO I guess I wont, I really want to but Fi doesnt think its ok for me to do.
    Posted by pisha82[/QUOTE]

<div>Erm. maybe this is a silly question, but why doesn't he think it's "ok" ? </div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_little-black-book?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:5e7b9d33-af39-46d7-9374-2f32cbce0729Post:f54322f2-d1d8-4ea8-8fa7-50779497276e">Re: Little Black book</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Little Black book : Erm. maybe this is a silly question, but why doesn't he think it's "ok" ? 
    Posted by sarahdactyI[/QUOTE]

He feels like he doesnt want other people to see me in just a bra and underware. He is very modest with how he dresses and likes when I do the same. Bathing suits and stuff r ok, that is different he says, plus its always with people we know we would be in a bathing suit. He is weird about that. Even if it is a girl doing the pics he feels weird about it. I cant get a real answer out of him why it isnt ok, but I am assuming that is why. OK, he is here and answered, he doesnt want strangers seeing me like that and taking my picture.
  • sarahdactyIsarahdactyI member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    edited July 2012
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_november-2013-weddings_little-black-book?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:cd1f7f85-cf50-4bfe-9bfc-0a3b46d68364Discussion:5e7b9d33-af39-46d7-9374-2f32cbce0729Post:176d6118-13ef-4612-adc6-a5f0d4bac87d">Re: Little Black book</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Little Black book : He feels like he doesnt want other people to see me in just a bra and underware. He is very modest with how he dresses and likes when I do the same. Bathing suits and stuff r ok, that is different he says, plus its always with people we know we would be in a bathing suit. He is weird about that. Even if it is a girl doing the pics he feels weird about it. I cant get a real answer out of him why it isnt ok, but I am assuming that is why. OK, he is here and answered,<strong> he doesnt want strangers seeing me like that and taking my picture.</strong>
    Posted by pisha82[/QUOTE]

<div>I mean that is fair enough :) </div><div>
    I love the idea of a boudoir book, but I am not sure I'd give it to him as his "gift" simply because I've seen lots of videos of the groom and bride opening their gifts prior to the ceremony, and I just would feel odd if he were like, surrounded by his groomsmen and then "oh.. oh wow!" Hahaha. Or especially because I think his sisters will probably want to be there and like. yeah. It'd probably be a surprise, night-before gift, like if we stay in separate places the night before i'd have someone I trust deliver it to his room so that just he sees it and it isn't made into a big deal by anyone.</div><div>
    </div><div>I think as long as you find a reputable photographer who is respectful and doesn't push you to do anything out of your comfort zone, I don't have a problem with it. I know FI would love it :) Honestly I'd ask the photog not to even put any of my pics on their blog - not sure if that's possible or anything but I'd prefer they be private. </div><div>
    </div><div>I mean.. my figure is not really going to improve from this point in my life... I think it is sort of empowering to have on film how my body looked at this age, etc.? Kind of vain I suppose, but I hear women talk about how they used to be young and their bodies before children and IDK, I think it would be nice to have. </div><div> </div><div>I wouldn't want anything too risque... I'd probably want to do something like wear his shirt or a sports jersey of his favorite team. Go for the laid-back sexy look :)</div>

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    pinterest, obvi.

• I said the same thing, I wont look any better. But he still doesnt like it. He doesnt care how good the photographer is, it isnt ok to him. I dont see anything wrong with it, but he does. And I have to respect how he feels atleast with something like that. He doesnt even want a girl doing it. We talked about it again last night. And I know they will keep them private but he doesnt trust it. To him only me and him should see me that way.
  • gmcr78gmcr78 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper First Comment
    I'm considering a pin-up shoot, not necessarily the boudoir thing.  It'll be a sexy pin-up shoot, though. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards