Wedding Party

Help with Wedding Party

This is my second marriage, but first wedding. Together my fiance and I have 5 kids. Our girls are the same age and so are our boys. Therefore, I will have 2 flowers girls (oour girls) and 2 ringbearers (our boys). I have a 13 year old daughter and I was going to make her my Junior bridesmaid. I have one sister who is close to me who will be my other bridesmaid. However, my best friend who lives far away has been helping me plan since day 1, she is my right hand girl and I want her to by my MOH. How do I handle that with my sister since we are so close? My sister is single but in the military and has a very busy life, not alot of time to help me plan and she also has an upcoming surgery that will limit her time to be involved. She desires to help me too, but I don't know what to do!!! Any advice! I

Re: Help with Wedding Party

• Your wedding party are those nearest and dearest to you.  You shouldn't pick them based on how much help you get.

You also should not make any decisions about who will even be in the WP until 6-8 months before the wedding.  Do not discuss any of this with anyone, even if they ask.

Finally, just make your daughter a bridesmaid.  The whole Jr. Bridesmaid thing went out of fashion decades ago and was pretty dumb to start off with.  She will be doing the same thing as the rest of the BMs.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-with-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a439bc57-a93c-470a-af96-b4d0b96d8a53Post:68897362-e444-4141-b2be-65e69dbf55d9">Re: Help with Wedding Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]Your wedding party are those nearest and dearest to you.  You shouldn't pick them based on how much help you get. You also should not make any decisions about who will even be in the WP until 6-8 months before the wedding.  Do not discuss any of this with anyone, even if they ask. Finally, just make your daughter a bridesmaid.  The whole Jr. Bridesmaid thing went out of fashion decades ago and was pretty dumb to start off with.  She will be doing the same thing as the rest of the BMs.
    Posted by GoodLuckBear14[/QUOTE]

All of this.

Distance should not be a deciding factor when it comes to picking your wedding party.  Pick who you love and want to have standing up there with you.  If that includes your sister, your friend and your daughter then so be it.

• They could both be MsOH, or you could have NO MOH. I had 2 bridesmaids. No MOH b/c they all do the same thing. 
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thank you so much! However, my fiance is helping as much as he can, he is in the military and curently deployed : (

n Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-with-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a439bc57-a93c-470a-af96-b4d0b96d8a53Post:e26e54b2-9b4f-4f11-94fa-6a891f479c70">Re: Help with Wedding Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]The person who should be helping you plan is your fiance.  Don't believe those bogus lists of "duties" for MOHs and bridesmaids that you see on wedding websites....the industry publishes those to make your friends think they are bad friends if they don't want to spend money on the bride. Make your daughter a bridesmaid.  The only purpose of the "junior" business is to point out that they're younger, and teens hate that.  The "juniors" don't do anything differently than the older ones.  They walk down an aisle and smile.
    Posted by RetreadBride[/QUOTE]
  • I am not going to have a MOH. All of my bridesmaids are important to me and I don't want any of them feeling bad because they are the MOH.
  • My 13 year old sister was just a regular BM, no jr attached. If they are 10 or 11, then go ahead and call them jr but any older than that, just call them a BM.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_wedding-party_help-with-wedding-party?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:37Discussion:a439bc57-a93c-470a-af96-b4d0b96d8a53Post:856ab564-717e-4f0a-ae78-1b16185152e8">Re:Help with Wedding Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]My 13 year old sister was just a regular BM, no jr attached. If they are 10 or 11, then go ahead and call them jr but any older than that, just call them a BM.
    Posted by lovesclimbing[/QUOTE]

No, even then they are still BMs.  What do they not do during the wedding that the other BMs do?  Nothing.
    Proud to be an old married hag!! image
  • I'm having two Maids of Honor and one Best Dude so I don't have to pick between my kids. The title is just an honor not a duty, so pick who you'd like to honor with it. 
    Photobucket photo 899306-2148.jpg
    AlternaTickers - Cool, free Web tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards