• Images
  • Text
  • Find a Couple + Registry
GO
November 2010 Weddings

Shower Theme?

My aunt is hosting my shower and she just emailed me asking if I wanted a theme like kitchen/cooking, outdoor/gardening, bed/bath. I'd never even thought of this! Are you guys doing a theme at your shower? If so, what is it?
November 12, 2010 image My Bio Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Shower Theme?

• I'm having 5 showers. Had one already. None of them had/will have themes.  
  • I recently went to a shower that was "Breakfast at Tiffany's" themed. The decor was black, white and tiffany blue and all the ladies wore their little black dress and pearls. It was a lot of fun!
    ExerciseMilestone
  • I am having a Kitchen theme.
    I don't need my aunt trying to buy me lingerie.
    This way I atleast get mostly stuff I can use
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My family always has themes. Mine is "tea party" ... and not the republican kind. ;) 
    - Rachel

Married 11/6/10

• A friend of the family wanted to throw me a lingerie shower so while it wouldn't have really been my first choice that's what I am having.

I'm sure it will be a lot of fun and it was very sweet of her to put this thing together. I'm looking forward to seeing what everyone will pick out for me!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • My regular bridal shower doesn't have a theme.  We are also being given a co-ed shower and the theme is "His & Hers Tools"  so it'll be guy tools for him and kitchen tools for me.  Kinda cute.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • I am not sure it is so much a theme, but all the guests were asked to fill out a recipe card with their favorite recipe and attach it to a little kitchen gadget to put in a basket for me... Which I thought was a great idea and a way to get some new recipies!
  • I've heard of the "time of day" theme too which sounded fun.  People get you a gift for a certain time of the day and each person gets a diffent time in their invite.  Example: 8am might get you something you can make breakfast with. 
  • Holy crap meggy, 5 showers?? That's awesome!
    We're not having a theme, but my MOH is trying to incorporate little Alice in Wonderland type stuff. I wish my mom hadn't hijacked the wedding shower cause I'd probably have a full out Alice tea party. Can you tell I'm a little bitter ;-)
  • I've been to lingerie, kitchen, and travel themed showers.  Honestly, the bride who had the lingerie shower wasn't thrilled.  I've also heard of wine, time-of-day, and recipe themes.  My mom wanted me to have the recipe theme, but none of my friends cook.  I think it's going to be travel themed.
  • Mine didn't have a theme. A coworker of mine just had a shower for her FDIL and it was a Sex and the City theme. They all dressed up as their favorite characters and had cosmos. The pictures are hiliarious!
    Pregnancy Ticker BabyFruit Ticker Anniversary
    image Our Furbaby Beaker image image
  • I have 2 showers the first one is the traditional wedding shower with stuff of your registry and it's not really a theme but it is black, white and bright pink (my fave color but not the wedding color) so I guess that is the theme.  My second one is a lingerie shower.
  • Mine is also a tea/garden party.
  • Mine was Alice In Wonderland themed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker " Love for thy love and hand for hand I give" William Shakespeare
    110 Invitedimage 24 Ready to Partyimage 0 Missing Outimage 86 Making Us Waitimage
    RSVP Deadline: 10.06.10
  • I'm not sure. As far as I know, mine is a surprise. I did, however, host one last year and I did black and pink for everything (her favorite colors) and she loved it. I even made here a veil with a black and pink headband and bags and feather boas and scavenger hunt cards. So, I guess the theme was pink. I'd actually like a lingerie party because I'm only having one and that's what I've always attended...

[IMG]http://i53.tinypic.com/24wc4zm.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/91flok.jpg[/IMG][IMG]http://i52.tinypic.com/20jsn5c.jpg[/IMG]
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards