Wedding Etiquette Forum

Work showers

A couple of my coworkers offered to throw a work shower for me.  I wasn't planning on inviting anyone from work but am wondering if I should extend the invite to the hosts?  I feel bad if I don't invite them but we are already at our max number of guests that we are comfortable paying for.  Would it be rude of me to not invite them or should I just suck it up and send them an invite?  Inviting the hosts would add an additional 5 people to the guest list (because of SO's and their kids).  
Married since October 14, 2012 - Best Day Ever! Wedding-2

Re: Work showers

• Ditto Crfb - work showers are the exception to the rule of inviting people to the wedding.  And I would not feel obligated to invite coworkers children even if you do decide to invite the workers and their SO's.
  • If this is something during or right after work, I think you're fine. My coworkers gave me a card and group gift the day before I left for my wedding, when we were already celebrating work birthdays and anniversaries (which we do once a month). My office also has baby showers, during the day, for expecting moms and dads. Anyway, my coworkers were not invited to the wedding.

If one is offering to throw it at her house or something, I'd just decline the shower.
    my read shelf:
    Meredith's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf)
    40/112

Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards