Not Engaged Yet

New NEY Deal - Subject Line

Can we just make a deal that the "subject" line actually have something to do with the post?

Good examples:
Credit card companies blow
Disney murder mystery wedding
I got the job
Fight with BF

Bad examples:
Eh
Bah
OMG
FML
Cool!

Please?

Re: New NEY Deal - Subject Line

• PaigeMcCPaigeMcC member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can't dictate how I make my post!! *foot stomp*

"Popular on the internetz..."

Canada is kind of like a whole other world with new things to discover that us americans only dream of. - Narwhal
    Paige I would like to profess my love for you and your brilliant mind. - breezerb
    Murried Bio
  • edited December 2011
    Anyone else watch Bill Maher? I totally heard him say "NEW RULE!" in my head.
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-ney-rule-subject-line?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8f121c4f-9a2f-4cea-9f48-d0bea62fa65ePost:bd144d83-cd9b-4c95-95fd-a12f373bed51">Re: New NEY Rule - Subject Line</a>:
    [QUOTE]Anyone else watch Bill Maher? I totally heard him say "NEW RULE!" in my head.
    Posted by GreenPepperBurger[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Haha. I lubs me some Bill.</div><div>
    </div><div>Paint, I can see what you're saying. It *is* helpful to know what's in the post. But I don't think it needs to be a "rule."</div>
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-ney-rule-subject-line?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8f121c4f-9a2f-4cea-9f48-d0bea62fa65ePost:822f29dc-60c3-4750-b13e-a44959b55dcd">New NEY Rule - Subject Line</a>:
    [QUOTE]Can we just make a deal that the "subject" line actually have something to do with the post? Good examples: Credit card companies blow Disney murder mystery wedding I got the job Fight with BF Bad examples: Eh Bah OMG FML Cool! Please?
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

This x1000.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • edited December 2011
  • leia1979leia1979 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I do prefer somewhat detailed subject lines. Otherwise I keep reading the same thread because I can't remember what it's about.
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-ney-rule-subject-line?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:136Discussion:8f121c4f-9a2f-4cea-9f48-d0bea62fa65ePost:ee7e288a-5103-40aa-8c52-cc92a1980afa">Re: New NEY Rule - Subject Line</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New NEY Rule - Subject Line : Paint, I can see what you're saying. It *is* helpful to know what's in the post. But I don't think it needs to be a "rule."
    Posted by marleylikeair[/QUOTE]

There you go - I made the subject line match the content of the post. Is "deal" acceptable?
  • AudgiePodgeAudgiePodge member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I do what I want.

..but I don't think I've been guilty of this.
    I'm not good at feelings.

• desertsundesertsun member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

Whateva. I do what I want.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

• MLekathLEENMLekathLEEN member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So if I put subject: Paint, Message: Hi would be unacceptable, or no?
  • paintgirlpaintgirl member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Nah - that works. At least the everyone else knows they can skip it.

Know what I mean Vern?
  • marleylikeairmarleylikeair member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_new-ney-rule-subject-line?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:8f121c4f-9a2f-4cea-9f48-d0bea62fa65ePost:af55589d-008b-49a6-be3f-b0ad6f213aae">Re: New NEY Deal - Subject Line</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: New NEY Rule - Subject Line : There you go - I made the subject line match the content of the post. Is "deal" acceptable?
    Posted by paintgirl[/QUOTE]

<div>I are all happy inside now. That could be the KUI, though.</div><div>
    </div><div>SHIRAZ.</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards