New York-New York City

Groove Shop Band?

Hi has anyone heard of the "Groove Shop" band before ?  I am considering them for my wedding and Id like to hear from anyone who has heard them before at a wedding or had them for their own.  Thanks so much:)

Re: Groove Shop Band?

• I had almost given up on finding a wedding band- a popular local band wasn’t available on my date, all six NYC bands I investigated had top rankings in NY Magazine and on websites like The Knot and Wedding Wire but seriously failed to impress me in person- none had an amazing female singer, a few wouldn’t guarantee that the singers I saw perform would be there on my wedding night and one seemed to be having their own party on stage. I called my venue and begged them for the name of their favorite band- that is when I finally learned of The Groove Shop, a band run by Addie Silver in Fairlawn, NJ. Addie and her brother grew up involved in a wedding band run by their parents, who were also teachers. She ran The Rhythm Shop with her brother until a few years ago, when she went out on her own with The Groove Shop. The band has 2 female and 2 male black lead singers with a precision, depth and strength of vocals that, unlike other wedding bands, is so unbelievable that you would actually pay to hear them in concert. The musicians are extremely skilled, sometimes sounding better than the song they are covering! The best compliment came from a young female attendee at my wedding who said she was going to plan an event just so she could hire this band and let all of her friends in NY hear them. On top of sounding fabulous, the band really can sing anything- from Notorious B.I.G. to Frank Sinatra to Volare- the sound they produce is so passionate and amazing that you will be sad when your wedding is over. I cancelled my father-daughter and mother-son dances so that we would be able to have two more songs from The Groove Shop to dance to!!!! Addie is professional, accommodating and a sweetheart- I trusted her to help me select many of our special songs. Before you spend days as I did going down the list of “best bands” in NY Magazine, call Addie and go to Fairlawn to listen for yourself- your search will be over. They are one of only two vendors that lived up to my expectations 100%- and I think I set the bar pretty high. Even if you live many miles away, bringing them to your town is worth every penny. They are the only vendor I thought should have been MORE expensive!!!!

Sommer

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_groove-shop-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:114Discussion:f303eeb9-2e1e-470c-b1ee-f45065498b5ePost:99bed528-0ab3-4591-b253-99e95e16d5f7">Groove Shop Band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi has anyone heard of the "Groove Shop" band before ?  I am considering them for my wedding and Id like to hear from anyone who has heard them before at a wedding or had them for their own.  Thanks so much:)
    Posted by pab466[/QUOTE]
    Yes.....I used them for my wedding and now my best friend is using them as well.  They are INCREDIBLE!!!  They are definitely not your typical wedding band and my guests are still raving about them.  Everyone said the same thing, "it was like being at a concert".  You can close your eyes and it seems like your hearing the real thing or sometimes better.  The singers, horns and percussionist take turns coming out into the crowd, singing and dancing.  They have these really cool lights on their stage and the entire night will blow your mind.  Still figuring out a way to have another party so that we can hear them again.  Book them now because I hear they are booked two years out.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-new-york-city_groove-shop-band?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:114Discussion:f303eeb9-2e1e-470c-b1ee-f45065498b5ePost:99bed528-0ab3-4591-b253-99e95e16d5f7">Groove Shop Band?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi has anyone heard of the "Groove Shop" band before ?  I am considering them for my wedding and Id like to hear from anyone who has heard them before at a wedding or had them for their own.  Thanks so much:)
    Posted by pab466[/QUOTE]

<div>I'm in the same boat!  Has anyone used them and can report?</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards