Hawaii

Any suggestions on locations to get married in Maui, Hawaii?

New to this board! Hello my name is, Norma I am planning on getting married with my fiance in October somewhere in Maui, it will just be the two of us. We are planning on having a reception for the family when we get back from Hawaii. We have not picked out a location to get married at yet. We both have never been to Hawaii so we are learning as we plan our wedding. If anyone can please give me ideas, locations, beach locations, etc.

Best days to get married during the week?
Best hotels/resorts/etc..to stay at?
Photographer person to take pictures of us?

I would appreciate all the helpful ideas from everyone!

Re: Any suggestions on locations to get married in Maui, Hawaii?

• edited December 2011
    Welcome to the boards! Have you had a look at the vendor's bio? There's a link to it in the welcome post if you haven't!

"Best" is really subjective. I'm a condo gal, so my fave is the Kahana Village. If you haven't, pick up the Maui Revealed book: http:wizardpub.com for great reviews!

Rates can be better during weekdays, but only sometimes.

I LOVED my photographer, Joanna Tano, and would totally recommend her!
  • edited December 2011
    Welcome to the board!  My FI and I are heading to Maui very soon for our wedding. We're having an intimate ceremony at Makena Cove (just the two of us).  We'll have a celebration at some point with family and close friends.

Happy planning!

• Norma2384Norma2384 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for your help ladies :) I will look into the information!
  • mrsmauimarymrsmauimary member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I was married at the Seawatch in 2008.  I think it's called Gagnon's now?  It's in Wailea, very pretty place.  We had photos taken at the beach with Joanna Tano.  LOVED her too!!   Hope that helps :) 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards