Ohio-Toledo

Purchase your gown at Gallipo's? Help!!!

Hello ladies! I have fallen for a dress that I found at Gallipo's in downtown Toledo. For any of you who have shopped there, you know the policy... no photos, they rip the tags out and they will NOT tell you who your gown is made by. Call me crazy, but I feel a little uneasy plopping down $1,000 worth of my hard-earned money when I don't even know who made it! I'm hoping to come across the dress on a designer's website to get a little more information about it and the designer, but until I find it, I need some help. If you have purchased a gown at Gallipo's or know a few of the designers that they carry (they only list a handful on their website), could you please post the designer in a response?
And on the off-chance you purchased or have seen the same dress... it's a strapless a-line silhouette with an empire waist detailing. It's a beaded ribbon/belt with a small bow in the center. The ribbon can be white, ivory, sage green or one other color that I have forgotten. It has a lace hem and beading at the hem as well.
Thank you so much for any help!

Re: Purchase your gown at Gallipo's? Help!!!

• edited December 2011
    My dress was a PC Mary's, so I know they carry that designer.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I didn't realize Gallipo's was like that.  I was planning on going there for my dress, but that kind of makes me not want to.  Does their service or quality of dress' make up for this?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    They were nice and very helpful when finding dresses for me to try on. It's not that I want to order online or not purchase from their business. I'm actually all about purchasing items locally and I'ld like to do the same with my dress. It's the simple fact that I feel incredibly uneasy about throwing down $1,000 without being told what it is that I'm buying.
  • edited December 2011
    SIL spent months going back and forth there - at least six or seven times.

She looked at Maggie Sottero, Pronovias, Mori Lee, Isabella, Anjolique, Alfred Angelo, etc.  I think they have Watters, too.

If you say it was only $1,000, that rules out Pronovias and most Maggies.

You can try going here and playing with the options on the left side to browse all current wedding gowns out there right now.
  • edited December 2011
    I totally agree on staying local, that was my first reason for thinking about going there.  Can someone post the link to their website?  I've googled them many times and just have not been able to find it....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Love one another and you will be happy. It's as simple and as difficult as that. --Michael Leunig-- Planning Bio
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_ohio-toldeo_purchase-gown-gallipos?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:237Discussion:515122cc-c2fc-4675-b7e9-d1a31280700cPost:1a2f35b9-bbae-4a2b-8e76-8d0b0e89c584">Re: Purchase your gown at Gallipo's? Help!!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I totally agree on staying local, that was my first reason for thinking about going there.  Can someone post the link to their website?  I've googled them many times and just have not been able to find it....
    Posted by kellyandtim1[/QUOTE]

They don't have a website.  The only relavant thing I've ever found was <u><a href="http://www.thatweddingsite.com/gallipposboutique/" target="_blank">this site</a></u>.
  • edited December 2011
    I wouldn't say their service makes up for them ripping tags, etc., but they have a large selection that is not matched by any other store in Toledo.  When I found my gown there, I found a picture online, posted it on the dress board, and I had the designer within 2 mintures.  They really know their stuff.  :)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    When I initially started dress shopping, I called the store to see what brands they carried. I forget what ones they told me now. So maybe that's an option to just call up and say you're starting to gather ideas about different styles and such and see what designers they carry. Then you can stalk those websites and see if you find it or something similar.
  • edited December 2011
    Thanks for the idea! I'll totally call.  :D   And as for their website, the one posted for the page at thatweddingsite is the only one I've found, too. They have the same info. posted on other pages like yahoo reviews, too.
  • leigh1025leigh1025 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

I purchased my dress there. I also think it was weird that I couldn't take pictures. (My mom did get a few on her cell phone when they left the room). I purchased my dress before I knew who made it, but I don't really care. I LOVE my dress. It was under $1,000. Since I purchased it off the rack and bought it the same day I tried it on, my dress was only $600. It has a sweetheart neckline with beautiful breading along the top and bottom of the dress. The train is very long and full of detail and gorgeous bread work. The dress also has a pocket!!! LOVE IT!!!!

http://www.marysbridal.com/bridal/9601.htm

• edited December 2011
    I got pictures!!! Anyone recognize it?

• edited December 2011
    I don't recognize it right away, but it does look more like a destination gown more then a normal wedding gown.
  • Linds565Linds565 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Have you tried just coming out and asking them who the designer is? I went there about a week ago and had asked to try on maggie sottero's and they sadi they don't carry her line so it's not a maggie dress. I noticed some dresses had tags and others didn't. The one I ended up buying had all the tags on it still so I knew who the designer was. I don't think it would've mattered if I didn't know who the designer was cause I loved the dress. I had asked throughout the appt who the designer was on certain ones while I tried them on and they were more than happy to tell me who each one was by. Also, they let me take a picture of my dress because I told them I was putting a deposit on the dress that day. I wanted to send a picture to my sister since she was unable to see it and they were very understanding. The only two designers I remembered trying on was Armani and Alfred Sung. Hope you find out who made it:)

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards