Massachusetts-Boston

Tell me about your experience at the Mandarin Oriental

I am new to the knot. I am considering having my wedding next fall at the Mandarin Oriental. I would have my ceremony and reception in the Oriental Ballroom. I am curious to hear about bride's experiences having their weddings there. Please let me know what you liked and what you did not like about the venue. I appreciate your help!

Re: Tell me about your experience at the Mandarin Oriental

• edited December 2011
    Oops. I did not mean to post this message twice and cannot figure out how to delete it. Sorry!
  • edited December 2011
    I had my wedding there! I loved it!! You can see some of the pictures in the 2011 edition of Southern New England Wedding mag. My day went absolutely perfect and I wouldn't have changed a single thing. :)
  • edited December 2011
    I came in here to tell you to page JBs but you beat me too it my darling! JBs had one of the most gorgeous weddings so you certainly chose the right venue!

ps- this board is dead huh, JBs?
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_tell-experience-mandarin-oriental-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:5b482c08-cd46-4dd5-80a5-d97729668263Post:c15a76bd-67ae-48fb-8fa5-ace9705b47e9">Re: Tell me about your experience at the Mandarin Oriental</a>:
    [QUOTE]I came in here to tell you to page JBs but you beat me too it my darling! JBs had one of the most gorgeous weddings so you certainly chose the right venue! ps- this board is dead huh, JBs?
    Posted by MeaghanandMichael[/QUOTE]

Just a lil bit, Meg. :)  At least there are still vendors dumb enough to post here... Banning them makes my day.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_massachusetts-boston_tell-experience-mandarin-oriental-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:89Discussion:5b482c08-cd46-4dd5-80a5-d97729668263Post:db8b9dfd-1bbf-430b-89fb-c6916ef499e3">Re: Tell me about your experience at the Mandarin Oriental</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Tell me about your experience at the Mandarin Oriental : Just a lil bit, Meg. :)  At least there are still vendors dumb enough to post here... Banning them makes my day.
    Posted by JBs_Bride[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>hahha now can you get to work removing the nine million mulitple posts? Press ONCE people and have some patience!! :P</div>
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you for your helpful responses, ladies! I apologize again for posting twice. I expected that something would confirm my post had worked, so that is why I posted twice without realizing it.
  • edited December 2011
    Don't worry about the double posting. :) TK converted to new boards a couple of years ago and they've never been quite right after that.

If you have any questions about Mandarin or any of my vendors, let me know. The planner there was Gina when I had my wedding and she is super. You'll definitely be in good hands if you decide to go with them.
  • edited December 2011
    ahha don't worry Stein, every one does it once or twice... the knot is hopeless in the IT department...
  • kimberlyb122kimberlyb122 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I know Im late to the party, but I LOVE THE MANDARIN! We got engaged at a gala fundraiser there and it is simply beautiful... we decided to change it up for the wedding though and will be getting married at the Ritz. The staff at the Mandarin are wonderful, and check out the Charlesmark around the corner on Boylston for wedding pre-parties. Happy planning!
  • Thank you for letting me know, Kimberly.  I ended up booking my wedding at the Mandarin and am very excited for it!
  • Thank you for your help, JB! I tried buying the magazine you mentioned, but I think I must have bought the wrong edition. I'll be on the lookout for it though. I am very excited to have my wedding at the Mandarin,
  • You're welcome!  I think they might have pulled the 2011 issue off the racks to prepare for the 2012 issue coming out soon. :( 

You are totally going to have the best time planning your wedding there! Everything is perfect and the service is top notch. I would totally do my entire wedding there again and not change a thing. :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards