Ohio-Cincinnati

Hair-help!

Hi girls! 
I've been a knottie since I got engaged in Feb. and this is my first post! You guys give great advice on vendors, so I thought I'd give this a shot!

I live in Chicago but am coming HOME to Cincy to get married in April (Woo hoo)! Since I haven't lived in Cincy since high school, I am in desperate need of someone good (and not too pricey) for hair. I'm hoping it can be someone who can do bridesmaids hair too! Does anyone have any good suggestions? If so, do you have any idea about how much they charge?

Thanks so much!!!!!

Re: Hair-help!

• kelklumpkelklump member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would call and check with Sam Hill. I am not sure what your price range is, but he does great hair. If you check with HRparker, she can maybe give you  more info. I hear raving reviews on him. My cousin did mine, but she is in Lebanon Ohio so its pretty far from downtown. ARe you looking to have someone come to you, or are you able to go to a salon. If you are willing to travel, where do you plan to get ready? I know some others, but you would have to go to them.
  • edited December 2011
    I used Sam Hill and LOVED what he did (pics in my bio), but he is a little pricey from what I'm hearing from brides who go elsewhere.  I think when I used him he was charging $125 for bridal (trial included), and then varying prices for bm, depending on itricacy (i.e., an intricate updo would cost more than just a loose blowout with body).

If you'd like his contact info, let me know.

• edited December 2011
    I am having someone come to the house to do everyones hair and I think she only charges $70 - Ashley Couch. Others have used her as well. She is super sweet and professionally trained. Let me know if you want her number.
  • mindiosumindiosu member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I recommend Jennifer Nally.  She comes to you, provides a trial for the bride, and is amazing with both up 'dos and down styles. she did my hair and all of my 7 bridesmaids and we are still talking about how great the 'dos were!  They lasted through the next day even.  She is in the range of Sam Hill, I believe.  jennifernally@msn.com
  • DebbydewDebbydew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    When I contacted Ashley Couch at the beginning of November, she told me her prices start at $35. Maybe it's based on how many what is being done?
  • edited December 2011
    jetadore, I see that your wedding is the same day as mine. It's nice to share a date with someone on here, hope you're doing well with your planning. What venue are you using?

About Sam Hills, I'm using him on our date and I was told he only schedules one wedding a day so he may not be able to take you on. I hope I don't come off like a b*tch, just wanted to give you a heads up. 

Good luck with the rest of the planning, we're getting so close! I can imagine how hard it must be to plan from out of town.
  • jetadore312jetadore312 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi IG Muse! 
    My wedding is at Union Terminal! Where's yours? Is all your planning going o.k.?! Mine's coming along, although planning from Chicago is so tough. My mom has been awesome at home, but I have to schedule appointments whenever I come in town, which makes for busy visits!!!! 
    Can you believe how fast time flies?! April is so close!

Ha-and you do not come off as a b!tch by saying Sam Hill only does one wedding per day. LOL! Don't worry!

Does anyone have Ashley Couch's number? I'd love to call/email her!

THANKS!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards