Snarky Brides

Air Your Grievances!

1234568»

Re: Air Your Grievances!

• :( I don't see it Blue. You mean the one on this board? I have my display set to latest reply.

Taco cat: Always a palindrome. ALWAYS, okay J&K?

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Beatles don't be mad at me. Im knotting from work ;) But since work is a nightclub where people don't come out till midnight I think im ok. Im alone at my bar with a house mix of Taylor Swifts " you belong with me" Sigh..
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:f230eeea-2173-40ef-8c34-ed6ef23d3293">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Beatles don't be mad at me. Im knotting from work ;) But since work is a nightclub where people don't come out till midnight I think im ok. Im alone at my bar with a <strong>house mix of Taylor Swifts " you belong with me" Sigh..</strong>
    Posted by Blueyed228[/QUOTE]

Haha, it's like the voice of pivko haunting you everywhere you go...

OMG YOU'RE KNOTTING FROM WORK?! Think of the children! Oh wait.

"cool......insult my size 2 body or my natural brown hair...or the fact that my parents own a country club, I have no budget for a wedding, and I have horses. I really dont care. Its better then having roots." ~ futurepivko
  • Beats, I think a bunch of people have stated that it's especially wrong because she's a teacher.  I know I've said it a ton of times, but MC ignores it for the most part.  At this point, I guess it is what it is. 
  • edited October 2010
    That's true, Nates. I thought I'd seen a few people still pull the "but everyone knots at work" defense in this thread, or in a more recent thread. But I'm too lazy to confirm that, so I'll just quit my complaining then. ;)

• I want to go dance in Blue's club......I wonder if they'd let me in.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:d1c98227-2bff-4e50-8d87-550f76f56822">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]That's true, Nates. I thought I'd seen a few people still pull the "but everyone knots at work" defense in this thread, or in a more recent thread. But I'm too lazy to confirm that, so I'll just quit my complaining then. ;)
    Posted by beatlesgirl25[/QUOTE]
    Nah, you're right some people do try to defend it.  I think everyone's fed up by now and you're completely right. 

I want to dance, too. 
  • *fist pumps*

I'm sure we could get into Blue's club. The secret password is "Lisa Frank."

• The drag queens go on at 1am. Better get here soon!
    045_45-1 photo 045_45-1.jpg
    BabyFruit Ticker
    DX: PCOS/Recurrent losses/MTHFR mutation (compound hetero)
    5 hysteroscopies/2 surgical
    3 Inject IUIs = 2 m/c's and 1 BFN
    IVF #1= BFP. m/c at 7w6d. Needed 2 D&C's and scar tissue removal. Mild OHSS
    IVF #2 = BFP. Severe OHSS. 4 Drainings. TWINS!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_snarky-brides_air-grievances?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:17Discussion:c0828cab-1469-4ab9-a130-c1f2c7d397c3Post:7b309ef5-ffb6-4bbf-bc44-59d9ebc17734">Re: Air Your Grievances!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Air Your Grievances! : Mostly just a feeling - nothing real solid.  The things he cares about, the things he pays attention to, and the way he expresses himself seem very unusual for a man.  Even finding and staying on these boards (and really, what would bring a groom to "snarky brides") is highly unusual for a man.  Not impossible, certainly, but very unusual.  And I know a lot of people don't like to post pictures of themselves, but iirc when he first showed up many people asked him to post something, even something along the lines of Betrothed's sig picture, and he won't.  Like I said, nothing solid, and I could very easily be wrong.  I don't think he's a troll, but I do think he's an AE. 
    Posted by ohwhynot[/QUOTE]

I don't think I'm much different than most guys, other than the fact that I care about my wedding day and most don't, including my friends.  Of the things I care about though, they seem like mostly 'guy things' to me; i.e. food, booze, the DJ, the officiant (i'm not religious) and the location.  My FI is the one who cares about everything else, but since she's a first year doctor and works from 12 hours a day to 36 hour shifts, I am taking care of most of that stuff too, with her direction and review before we commit to anything.

Married in Vegas - June 2011

• It seems a little silly to respond to this more than a month later.  Most people had probably forgotten we even talked about it.  I know i did.

Everything the light touches is my kingdom.
  • How did you even find this, Groom?

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards