Georgia-Atlanta

Color help...

We have decided our primary colors will be black and red but I'm wanting my sister who is my MOH to have a different color dress or something that will help her to stand out a bit from my 2 BM. I'm not sure if I like the idea of having a black dress unless there was a colored sash involved or vice versa. I'm not sure if I want to have a third color or if I need to change my colors or what. I'm stumped. :(
Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers

Re: Color help...

• em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So your BMs are wearing red dresses?

I think a black dress would be fine. She'd also be very likely to wear a black dress again for dinner dates, funerals, other weddings/formal events. 

If you're not in favor, she could simply wear a different style red dress than the other BMs. She could have a black sash or underskirt, or she could have straps and the others be strapless, etc. A special headpiece, brooch, or flower/bouquet can also set your MOH apart. 

Overall, don't worry too much about it. Everyone will know who your MOH is because she will be the one closest to you as you say your vows and will be the one to hold your bouquet. 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    This is the dress that she likes:

(red color)

So I think I will just have her sleeveless and the BM with sleeves. :)
    Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot!Visit The Knot! Wedding Countdown Ticker LilySlim Weight loss tickers
  • em01092em01092 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Love the dress. That sounds like a great plan!

GL! 
    April Siggy Challenge-Wedding Escape: Reading HG/dreaming about Peeta.... Image and video hosting by TinyPic Wedding Countdown Ticker Bio-Updated 4/22**
  • edited December 2011
    What about platinum for her?  My BM and MOH dresses were red, black, platinum, and silver.  The groomsmen wore black suits with platinum shirts and black ties.  My husband wore a black suit, black shirt, and a red design tie. 

Our colors were black and red :)
  • edited December 2011
    My FI and I decided our colors are going to be black and white with touches of dark purple.  I have 5 BM's, two of which are co-MOH.  The other three are my two nieces (20 and 13) and my future SD (14).  I'm going to put my MOH's in long black dresses and the other three in dark purple.  But because one of my nieces is an adult, I'm going to make her dress a long one while my other niece and future step-daughter will wear shorter.  So you can mix and match colors between the 3 and/or the styles.  I've decided I'm going to let everyone pick out their own dress, as long as it's the color I want and the lengths I want.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards