Nevada-Las Vegas

Etsy

My attempt to make my own birdcage veil failed misserably.  So I am on the hunt thru Etsy.  I found one I think I might purchase, but I am terrified of buying online.  I've have very bad luck before from other sites and am hesitant.  I am not looking for any review of a particular seller on Etsy, just personal experiences from buy off Etsy in general. 

Re: Etsy

• I've purchased three wedding-related items off etsy for the wedding.  2 were absolutely spectacular - the products and the people (items in my bio).  The third was from a nice person, but the product didn't live up to expectations.  I would just say that if it seems inexpensive, it probably will look inexpensive. 
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_etsy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8f8c83a6-9908-4caa-9d09-2c270e72d383Post:a61ed194-0e65-4332-ba60-a0ab47c0f7cb">Etsy</a>:
    [QUOTE]My attempt to make my own birdcage veil failed misserably.  So I am on the hunt thru Etsy.  I found one I think I might purchase, but I am terrified of buying online.  I've have very bad luck before from other sites and am hesitant.  I am not looking for any review of a particular seller on Etsy, just personal experiences from buy off Etsy in general. 
    Posted by renjon7798[/QUOTE]

<div>I've had great experieneces - got my invitations, my earrings, my MOH earrings, my hair piece (rhinestone clip), actually just ordered my wedding band! and will be getting my crinoline, as well as a handbag for a MOH gift lol. It's an etsy wedding! </div><div>
    </div><div>I am also considering a birdcage veil likely from an etsy vendor but have to wait until after another wedding in June - our best man is getting married and I have a feeling his wife to be will be sporting one and we have a lot of the same people lol - i'm paranoid about it being too similar :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I think I found one....
  • I've bought tons of things on esty with no problems at all, except for my last purchase....I bought a beaded bouquet wrap on Feb 27, seller says she mailed it on March 27 and I still don't have it.  She doesn't have a tracking number, of course.  So I'm frustrated and will be looking for a refund if it doesn't arrive before the wedding and this point I'm pretty sure I will never see it.  You'd think ordering something 11 weeks before your wedding would be enough time to get it here safely :s. But other than that I've had great experiences with etsy - bought my sister a black bolero to wear with her dress (MOH) and it's absolutely gorgeous - kinda wish I got one for myself.
    BabyFruit Ticker BabyFetus Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_etsy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8f8c83a6-9908-4caa-9d09-2c270e72d383Post:d2b4cb33-2ad5-434a-85c7-3ea68bb77d3e">Re: Etsy</a>:
    [QUOTE]I think I found one....

<div>link / pics please! :)</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I got my veil, fascinator, engraved handkerchief for my Dad, and ring dish off Etsy-- all three were beautiful.  I've used Etsy many times in the past and have yet to be burned by any vendor there (knock on wood).  Hope this helps!
  • I bought my earrings and headband from there and they were fantastic.  A little pricey but still loved them.  I would just make sure you check the shops return policy jsut in case you dont' like it and spend a decent amount of money.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I love etsy I buy all kinds of stuff on there all the time.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Visit LasVegas.Weddings.com
  • Another avid buyer here!

My girlfriend got our shower invites there.

I got notecards for our wish jars, my garter and they AMAZING chevron thankyou notes!

DO it! every seller I do business with, I message first and they are super responsive and helpful, also making quick timelines for making and shipping once payment clears!
  • Etsy is EXCELLENT! Won't bother repeating PP!
    {Formally Hiltonsgirl}
  • LOVES me some etsy! This thread just caused me to waste 2 hours of my night on etsy looking up anything & everything.... I think my next paycheque is already planned out! lol
  • well I can't post the link thru the mobile site but I found two. One is a 9" standard birdcage but the other is a bandu? style? Which do you suggest?
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_nevada-las-vegas_etsy-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:91Discussion:8f8c83a6-9908-4caa-9d09-2c270e72d383Post:5d5bde2c-5e8e-4470-a2c4-74744f2fd87b">Re:Etsy</a>:
    [QUOTE]well I can't post the link thru the mobile site but I found two. One is a 9" standard birdcage but the other is a bandu? style? Which do you suggest?

<div>I think it's the standard that I prefer - rferry had one on for her wedding and looked stunning - <a href="https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100782370584971.2992495.10027042&type=1&l=38a277bb1f" rel="nofollow">https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10100782370584971.2992495.10027042&type=1&l=38a277bb1f</a></div><div>
    </div><div>That's the sort of look i'm thinking of</div>
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Another etsy addict here. I've made 35 purchases and have had only great experiences:)
    *MyBio-> 07.05.2012* UPDATED: 06/08* Daisypath Anniversary tickers Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I'm an Etsy addict as well! I have found so many cool things for our wedding including STDs and invites.
  • I bought the majority of our wedding attire/accessories off of etsy, including a veil.  I have a link to the seller in my bio if you end up wanting to go with someone already reviewed, but in general I've had nothing but good experiences there. :)
  • I bought about 8 wedding items on etsy for my wedding.  I had great experiences with all my sellers.  HTH.
  • I bought a whole bunch of WR items from Etsy sellers. Pocket fold invitations and other paper items, tiara, garter, earrings, dress label, faux fur shrug, photo booth accessories and clutch. All smooth transactions. I do check out the feedback page, if that helps. I especially pay attention to any communication and shipping comments.
    For our vow renewal I already bought the cake topper, faux pearl necklace and headpiece; so far all good.
    formerly wiwicaty
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards