Not Engaged Yet

Wednesday Accountability

B: Quaker lower sugar oatmeal (220), greek yogurt (80)
S: Apple (75)
L: Healthy Choice Beef Tips Portobello (280), string cheese (50), 12 baby carrots (42)
S: Gum (10)
D: Unsure, FI just informed me he wants to order in so it'll depend on what we get.

Total (without dinner): 757 -- that leaves me 493 before my workout.

E: Not sure yet, I'm thinking I'll do a DVD when I get home. I have a game tomorrow so I'm switching my rest day.

Edited: Made some changes to dinner and exercise

Re: Wednesday Accountability

• B- Pomegranate greek yogurt with granola, coffee with skim milk
    L- I didn't have time to eat lunch yesterday so I'm having the lentil curry couscous today
    S- banana, nuts
    D- crockpot chicken tacos with veggies and black beans

E- barre workout DVD
    Anniversary
  • B-hot chocolate, oatmeal with strawberries
    L- some kind of soup not sure which kind yet
    Snack may be- apple
    D- rotini pasta with roasted red pepper tomato sauce
    S- popcorn

E- rehearsal tonight, so about 2 hours of dancing, active moving

Anniversary

• Totally screwed up last night, went way over my points, so annoyed, but back to normal today (hopefully)

B-bagel thin (3) lo carb monster (1) PB2 (1)
    S-yocrunch (5) grapes (0)
    L-sandwich thin (3) tuna (2) mayo (3) chobani (2)
    S-Clementines (0)
    D-???

E-maybe walk the dog.

Wedding Countdown Ticker

image 59 Invited
    image 36 Yes
    image 2 No
    image 21 Unknown
  • B:  1 pc toast with 1/2 TBS orange-fig spread; 2 eggs with 1 TBS salsa; 1 oz black forest ham with 1/2 oz gouda; black coffee (334)
    L:  1.5 c crockpot bean/veg/ham soup, cara cara orange (291)
    S:  pink lady apple with 1 TBS PB (175)
    post-E S:  9 wheat thins and 1/4 c. salsa (113)
    D:  ST Cajun Shrimp Pasta, 1/2 c. pineapple (365)

E:  30 min JM yoga (-111)

net:  1165
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f5a5097-00e6-4756-903c-d817e10b3c00Post:b1688a53-c647-4da3-a3dd-39525e91568f">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]B:  1 pc toast with 1/2 TBS orange-fig spread; 2 eggs with 1 TBS salsa; 1 oz black forest ham with 1/2 oz gouda; black coffee (334) L:  1.5 c crockpot bean/veg/ham soup, cara cara orange (291) S:  pink lady apple with 1 TBS PB (175) post-E S:  9 wheat thins and 1/4 c. salsa (113) D:  ST Cajun Shrimp Pasta, 1/2 c. pineapple (365) E:  <strong>30 min JM yoga (-111) </strong>net:  1165
    Posted by CocoBellaF[/QUOTE]
    I did that workout for the first time the other day...ouch!
    Anniversary
  • LaSak - definitely, but it gets better especially as you learn the order of everything.  I can get all the way through it now, which is exciting because it means my foot has gotten strong enough.  I just can't do the part where you balance on one foot without support when I use my bad foot.  I like it better than 30DS.
  • My shins hurt really bad today..it's the strangest thing. I really hope I don't have shin splints.

B: Spinach & banana smoothie - 7
    S: Turkey Jerkey - 2
    L: Progresso Soup - 4, carrots - 0
    D: Thinking subway...I have 13 points left for the day, and I think my usual Turkey Sub is around 10-11.

E: Taking tonight off to let my muscles rest

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • B: 1 egg + 2 egg whites, whole wheat english muffin, butter, coffee (289 cal)
    S: Medium banana, 2tbsp natural peanut butter (295 cal)
    L: Turkey, swiss and avocado on tortilla, carrots, grapes (396 cal)
    S: Chobani 0% Strawberry (140 cal)
    D: Turkey, black bean, and kale tacos with avocado and light sour cream (485 cal)
    S: Soy milk + hershey light syrup (160 cal) I'm craving chocolate like whoa this week!

E: Arms and Shoulders plus Ab Ripper X (per HRM: burned 610 cal) 

eat: 1769 cal
    burn: 610 cal
    net: 1159  cal
  • B: protein shake; protein, banana, raspberries, Greek yogurt, water and frozen blueberries S: oatmeal with brown splenda and cinnamon L: pork with green beans and tomatoes, berry spinach salad with Gorgonzola S: green smoothie D: to be determined.. Any ideas??? No carbs please E: I'm at work on my feet almost all day. This is new. But I think I'm gonna go work out tonight.
    LilySlim Weight loss tickers Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm also taking an online nutrition class and the general rule of thumb for weight loss is to consume 20-25 calories per kg of body weight.  It usually amounts to approximately what you'll calculate using other tools.
    Anniversary
  • crazy long answer ahead.

BMR is your basal metabolic rate.  that means that if you were hooked up to life support in the hospital, this is the number of calories that the doctors would feed you in order to keep you alive and your organs functioning.

applying the Harris-Benedict principle means that you take your BMR and multiply it by a number that represents how active your lifestyle is.  so for sedentary, it would be 1.2.

BMR x 1.2 = 1683.25 x 1.2 = 2019.9.  so far we are on the same track.

to lose 2 lbs a week, you need a deficit of 3500 x 2, so 7000.  the easiest way I've found to figure this is to take your H-B number x 7.

2019.9 x 7 = 14,139.3  this number tells you how many calories you need to maintain your weight with a sedentary lifestyle.

to lose 2 lbs a week, you need that deficit of 7000 cals.  so 14,139.3 - 7000 = 7139.3 cals a week to lose 2 lbs.

let's divide that number by 7 to see how many cals a day (on average).  7139.3 / 7 = 1019.9.  this the NET cals that you would need to lose 2 lbs a week.  this includes cutting calories AND burning extra calories with workouts.

we don't want to go that low, especially since you're not midget-sized at under 5', so we bump it up to 1200 cals a day.  this is likely where MFP gets the 1200 cals from.

now, you say that a safe level of weight loss is 20%.  so 14,139.3 (from the H-B) x 0.8 = 11311.44.  divide that by 7 to get the daily cals = 1615.92.

let's compare the two answers.

1.  answer #1 was 7139 cals weekly required to lose 2 lbs a week.  we want to get a percentage of how much is a deficit.  we know that it's 7000 because we want to lose 2 lbs a week, and that's 3500 x 2. 
    so: 7000 / 14,139.3 = 0.5; this is the percentage of our H-B number (which is how much we have to net in order to maintain at a sedentary lifestyle) that we are reducing in order to lose 2 lbs a week.

2.  answer #2:  we know that 20% of our H-B number is 11,311.4.  so to find the deficit, we need to do 14,139.3 - 11,311.4 (because that's how many calories we are reducing our number by a week) = 2827.9.
    so:  2827.9 / 14139.3 = 0.2; which is the 20% that we plugged in at the beginning!

so the answer is, that answer #1 has you on track to lose 2 lbs a week, which is a 50% reduction in your H-B number.  so you're reducing the number of cals you need to maintain by half to lose 2lbs a week.  answer #2 has you losing at 20%, which is more like a pound or so a week. 

does that make sense or totally mess you up even more?  the two numbers aren't measuring the same amount of weight loss:  #1 has you losing 2 lbs a week at a 50% reduction of calories, and #2 has you losing ~1 lb a week at a 20% reduction in calories.

• B: Greek yogurt (160), 2 HB eggs (140), banana (105)
    S: Clementine (35), String cheese (50)
    L: Turkey and cheese wrap (248)
    S: Clementine (35), string cheese (50)
    D: Chicken, potato, veggies

E: 4 mile run
    I french with my man
  • I'm interested to see the answer as well! I always aim for 1250 net calories per day, since based on MFP, that's what I'd need to lose 2 pounds per week. However, this is HARD to do on days I don't work out, so I'm wondering how healthy.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • The message boards on MFP are scary and frustrating at the same time.  I feel like 90% of the "facts" people state are just their own opinions, or something they found on a heavily biased diet blog.  Some of the conversations are like watching a PPD discussion go down on E. 

Hummingbird, if you want a MFP friend, I can PM you my username.  
  • Liv:  do you have goal weights in mind?  my thoughts are (and totally not professional because I am not an R.D. yet) that you shouldn't eat less than what your next goal weight's H-B calorie level is.  as you lose weight, you will get used to lowering your daily limit of calories gradually.  I wouldn't go too much lower than the H-B of your final goal weight.

I mean, even at your goal weight your BMR is likely going to be higher than 1200.  it's all relative to how fast you want to lose weight vs. how sustainable you want your diet to be.  my advice is usually on the conservative side:  don't eat less than the H-B of your goal weight... or even don't eat less than the BMR of your goal weight, if you want to make it quicker.

also, I try to have one splurge meal a week (Friday nights) where I go over my calories.  your body is going to adapt to your new calorie allowances very quickly and adjust your metabolism to slow down.  you want to shock your body (eating and exercise) often enough to keep it from slowing down your metabolism.
  • ETA:  thanks for the compliment Liv! 
  • I used MFP for the first time last night, and entered in everything I ate for the day.  Not only was my calorie count scary low, but the beer I had last night was only 6 calories less than my entire dinner.  I really need to focus on eating more I guess.

Anniversary

• CASK85CASK85 member
    5 Love Its First Anniversary Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited January 2013
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_not-engaged-yet_wednesday-accountability-24?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special%20Topic%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:136Discussion:5f5a5097-00e6-4756-903c-d817e10b3c00Post:ac7e6e8e-85d1-4186-b3c8-78ab5aacff90">Re: Wednesday Accountability</a>:
    [QUOTE]I used MFP for the first time last night, and entered in everything I ate for the day.  Not only was my calorie count scary low, but the beer I had last night was only 6 calories less than my entire dinner.  I really need to focus on eating more I guess.
    Posted by danser55[/QUOTE]
    I've been wondering that about your daily meal plans. Do you feel hungry during the day at all? You're on the petite side, right? 
  • I feel hungry all the time at work, I'm usually so busy, especially lately I forget to snack.  I'm very tiny.  I try to make up for it with larger dinners and snacks after dinner.

Anniversary

• no problem!  good luck, hope it helps!  :)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards