Favors

What do you think?

I have come to really respect the opinions of the regulars here and I would like the thoughts on the favors I am doing.

I know you all say to stick with something edible, but plenty of edible treats will be in the welcome bags in each guests hotel rooms.

I guess enchanted forest is kind of the theme if I had to give one. We are getting married in a glass chapel in the forest and have tree centerpieces. The actual favor is a twig pen that has one side of the bark stripped off and that is where I have used a wood burner to burn the names of each guest on each pen. These are their place cards. Is that a good idea?

Re: What do you think?

• Don't know if I'm your target responder, but they sound absolutely darling!
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_favors_what-do-you-think?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:27Discussion:39922db4-4917-413c-be19-67c274c17085Post:d1b65191-96d6-4089-91a9-0c361cac6817">Re: What do you think?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Don't know if I'm your target responder, but they sound absolutely darling!
    Posted by va4ryans[/QUOTE]

Thank you! I'm pretty excited about them. I figured everyone can always use a pen and with their names burned into it, they will be hard to steal! No one needs something with the bride and grooms names and dates on it, but I figured they might like it if their name is on it. :)
  • I think that is the best non-edible favor I have ever heard of:-)

Just out of curiosity, how are the logistics of this going to work?  How long does the personalization take?  Will you have to set your RSVP deadline really early to pull this off?   What about guests who RSVP late?  We had someone change from "no" to "yes" two days before the wedding.....Will you have "blank" pens just in case?  Or can the personalization be done really quickly?
    DSC_9275
  • In Response to Re:What do you think?:[QUOTE]I think that is the best nonedible favor I have ever heard of:Just out of curiosity, how are the logistics of this going to work? nbsp;How long does the personalization take? nbsp;Will you have to set your RSVP deadline really early to pull this off? nbsp; What about guests who RSVP late? nbsp;We had someone change from "no" to "yes" two days before the wedding.....Will you have "blank" pens just in case? nbsp;Or can the personalization be done really quickly? Posted by Avion22[/QUOTE]

Thank you! It's a destination wedding so I have a pretty good idea of the guests who will be there. I'm about halfway through the personalization process. I do a few each day and in another month or two I'll be finished. I'm making one for everyone on our guest list so I'll have everyone. I will have a few blanks and bring my burning tool with me, but the likelihood of unexpected guests is highly doubtful. I have 100 guests on our list and I bought 150 pens in case of mess ups and what not.
  • edited November 2012
    Yaaay! Stage approves! I'm not being sarcasticThank you! I am really really trying to give things that our guests will actually like or use again. I'm super excited about the welcome bags and since I wanted our names and date on something, I satisfied that urge by having water bottle labels and matchbooks nbsp;for the welcome bags. lol. In the bags, I have written personalized postcards to each guest of the chapel we are getting married in and the hotel our reception is at to be in the folder with all the local info, directions, and phone numbers. As well as chips, water, muffins, chocolate, mints, a matchbook with crossednbsp;electric guitars and our names/datenbsp;I got a great deal on the knot shop and I wanted to add FI's love of guitars in the bags, what else do you think would be good, or is that enough?
  • LOVE the idea!!!  And your welcome bags sound really nice!
  • I agree. Normally, I am an edible all the way enthusiast, but you are making them personalized FOR your guests, and they serve a dual purpose, AND are not just some trinket that would collect dust. Very cool!
    What did you think would happen if you walked up to a group of internet strangers and told them to get shoehorned by their lady doc?~StageManager14
  • Thank you very much, ladies! I'm thrilled to have TK board's approval!
  • Thank you! That's a great idea! My moh and I are going to Eureka Thursday morning before the wedding to drop of the metal candle trees and candelabras at the florists shop and we are going to have a girls day after, just she and I. I'm really looking forward to it. I had thought to look at some local shops down town that day to see if there is any other local touches I can add to the bags. I bought postcards from a photographer down there to add a personal touch and something that's local, but some fudge sounds great to add too! I'm also going to write up a history of the Crescent Hotel and Thorncrown on our stationery and add that to the local info. During back to school, I bought 85 purple folders to hold all that info in the bags. Lol. As soon as I get my computer back up and running, I'll show you a pic of the bags. I had a graphic designer I met on Etsy design a graphic for them. It has the state of Arkansas and our key design on it and it says Key to My HeARt, which I really love. My love language is giving gifts so I tend to go a little overboard sometimes. My bmaids will have loads of goodies waiting for them in our suite.
  • Those sound really cool and I definitely us that again. Go for it! 
    Wedding Venue - Ramsey Golf & Country Club, NJ Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Photographer - Steve Belner, of Photovisions
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
    Check out my cooking blog, SERIF & SPICE!
    Our wedding has been featured on a wedding blog!

Michaela's book recommendations, liked quotes, book clubs, book trivia, book lists (read shelf) Follow Me on Pinterest
  • That sounds like a great idea!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards