Wedding Etiquette Forum

Wedding Favors

I know that wedding favors are not mandatory but a very appriciative way to thank my guest for their time spent with us on our special occassion. 
That being said I am having a destination wedding of 30 guest and then upon our return throwing a huge reception for 200-300 guest. Wedding favors are being handed out at the wedding but do I have to give them out again at the reception to everyone who wasn't invited originally to the wedding?

Re: Wedding Favors

• If it were me I would do a different favor for the ones who go to the destination wedding reception and then do a different one for everyone at the larger reception at home. Otherwise it will look a little strange to see 30 places without favors on them lol.
  • I'd do different favors for the two parties.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-boards_etiquette_wedding-favors-5?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding BoardsForum:9Discussion:0e155de4-9b30-4e48-88bc-7f92e012787cPost:3f2be00e-180b-4a5c-b8a6-a33386d6c587">Re: Wedding Favors</a>:
    [QUOTE]Different favors for the two parties, or favors for one party only.
    Posted by Liatris2010[/QUOTE]

This, or no favors at all!  They rarely missed, and cutting favors is a great way to save money that could be applied elsewhere.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickersFollow Me on Pinterest
  • My thank you for attending your event is food, drink and entertainment.  I assure you that no one is thinking "No favor?  The host must not appreciate me."
  • I would cut the favours altogether. No-one will be upset not to get one. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards