Ohio-Columbus
Options

invitations

I am in the process of putting together my invitations.  When you had guest from different areas, did you put direction from their location to the wedding destination? 
Also,  I really want to use clear labels and a pretty cursive font ...am I being tacky or do I need to just take the time to write out the 200 invitation addresses?

HELP...wedding in March, so I think invitations need to go out the end of January.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Daisypath Anniversary tickers

Re: invitations

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I've got a lot of invitations too so I'll tell you what I think lol - there is NO WAY I am handwriting that many invitations.  I'm opting for printing addresses in a handwriting font directly on the envelopes.  I think that looks a bit nicer than clear labels,but if thats easier do it.  FYI - many true etiquette books will tell you that you really need to handwrite, but with that many invites I think thats asking a bit much. 

As for the directions, I'm putting in basic directions from the North and South.  His family is mostly from NE Ohio and mine is mostly from SW so simple directions from 71/75/70 are what we are doing :)
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    BrittBritt22BrittBritt22 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No labels.  Just put the envelopes directly into the printer.  That looks much better.

I plan on doing two sets of directions (one from the North or East and one from the South or West) and then putting it in people's invitations accordingly.  Personally, I never look at the directions cards so I figure most other people won't either.  I typically get the address and mapquest it myself.
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I currently have them in Excel and was going to do a mail merget to word.  Is there an easy way to do the addresses directly on the envelopes or do I have to retype and then hit print?

Photobucket
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    hayliebluehaylieblue member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You can do a mail merge in Word and print directly on the envelopes.  Just choose Envelopes instead of Labels when selecting your document type.  For our save the dates I had to do a "custom" envelope size under Envelope Options so I just measured the envelope and manually typed in the envelope size.  Its just as easy to set up as the labels, the only problem I had was my stupid printer kept jamming so make sure you have plenty of extra envelopes!  Hope this makes sense! 
  • Options
    gibsonkkgibsonkk member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Its been my experience that setting up the files and then trying to get the printer to work can take just as long as just sitting down and starting them. I guess I'm a sucker for a handwritten address. Nothing else in the invitation is handwritten so I think they feel a little impersonal and automated when they are printed. Hand written ones always look like the couple cared enough to write our names.

I'm a mail junkie though :) - try printing a few and if you really are crunched for time, print them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards