Moms and Maids

MOG "responsibilities"

So I know there are traditional rules for the MOG.  Grooms supper, etc...what is the list of it?  With her parents not helping at all, and I LOVE planning, I have been helping with ideas, but no buying yet. We were thinking of buying her bouquet.  And would like to help out in other ways.  I KNOW we don't have to do anything, but we would like to! 

Re: MOG "responsibilities"

• tradition is rehersal dinner, but I'm sure anything you want to offer would be helpful, especially if her family is unable to help.  When my brothers got married my parents did flowers and paid for the open bar portion of reception, along with the rehersal dinner.  The bride/groom may polietly decline additional offers, but if it were me, I'd be happy happy my FMIL wanted to help.  Just be sure you are working with the couple and not against their ideas :) 

Anniversary
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/special-topic-wedding-boards_moms-maids_mog-responsibilities?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Special Topic Wedding BoardsForum:357Discussion:aaa9fcd6-b06b-4770-9267-096ca0a56f7ePost:9f84fc52-2d84-454b-b180-b9167cb414ad">MOG "responsibilities"</a>:
    [QUOTE]So I know there are traditional rules for the MOG.  Grooms supper, etc...what is the list of it?  With her parents not helping at all, and I LOVE planning, I have been helping with ideas, but no buying yet. We were thinking of buying her bouquet.  And would like to help out in other ways.  I KNOW we don't have to do anything, but we would like to! 
    Posted by romarie[/QUOTE]

That's nice that you want to help. My FI parents have been life savers with this whole wedding planning thing. Very similar situation, my Mom can't helpmuch. His parents have helped us with the down payment for the venue and flowers. His Mom has said they are paying for the rehearsal dinner and his Dad wants to help pay for the alcohol. We are so lucky to have them to help us.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • By ALL means, it's THEIR decisions on what to do with THEIR wedding! And yes, grooms supper/rehersal dinner....same thing.  We want to do that, we want to pay for bouquet and since the reception site supplies linens, adn minor centerpieces (mirrors, fish bowl or rose bowls) I would like to pay for centerpieces that we can "make" based off what they already have.  (just to add too them a bit so they aren't so boring)  But they are HER choice!! 

Any more questions I will be in and out today. Having a NASTY winter storm and power lines and trees going down left and right.  Power is going in and out today. 

Thanks for the advice ladies! 
  • edited October 2012
    We had a nasty winter storm last October. The trees still had their full canopies so the heavy wet snow snapped off ancient maples and oaks as if they were little twigs. We were without power for 10 days. Gas up your cars, jic. Our gas stations couldn't operate for days and when they opened, the lines were long, long, long. Good luck to you.

On the wedding, I think your FDIL and son will be thrilled with your offer to host the RD and help with the flowers. Please don't put real fish in the centerpieces, if that's what you mean by fish bowls. That's a sore subject around here. Here's a web site for craft supplies:

http://www.save-on-crafts.com/

I ordered bird cages from them and they were nicer than I expected for the price.

• I'm only 2 hours from the Canadian border so yeah, used to this crap!  lol  Heard it was coming so car is gassed up, blankets and boots and winter survival in the car.  Same thing here right now.  Trees still have all their leaves and everything so when the monsterous brances are faling off, it's doing damage. 
    My FDIL suggested fish ( I HATE fish!) and I kinda said no immediately!  lol..  This is our main thoughts so far..but with this much time, it could change!  colors are deep purple and tiffany blue, so these would be color approprate by the time we are done. 

or this:  

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards