Iowa-Des Moines

Wednesday Work-OUT!!!

It's Wednesday, half way through the work week. So I thought it'd be nice to take a little break from work/school/childcare/whatever you don't want to do, and have a little poll. Just for the fun of it!

Do you have a 2nd job, if so do you like it. Is it a necessity, or just because you want the extra cash?!

Do you plan on inviting your and your FI's grandparents to the RD?

What is your favorite candy/treat of all time?! Pictures?!?!?

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!
Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
Anniversary
Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero

Re: Wednesday Work-OUT!!!

• edited December 2011
    Do you have a 2nd job, if so do you like it. Is it a necessity, or just because you want the extra cash?!
    I dont have one but have thought about getting one at a coffee shop or somewhere fun.  I used to work at a flower shop and I loved it; would love to do it again.
    No.  FMIL asked that grandparents on that side not come and the only grandparents on my side would be too much drama.  Plus, we want to keep it small. 20 people or less.
    yikes... too many to pick from.  I love ice cream.  Chocolate chip cookie dough is my fav.  I also love the ice cream cookie sandwiches from Van Dee's in Johnston.  Amazing!
    Anniversary
  • saraann62saraann62 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I also work at a chiropractic clinic on Saturday morning.  I used to work there and I just can't give it up, there are to many good perks!

No

Anything Reese's (I love peanut butter)
  • McsweetsMcsweets member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Nope no 2nd job, but I am in school, graduating this semester!! Yay!!!  Quite the opposite of getting extra cash ;)

Hadn't thought about it.  I don't think his gma will be able to make it to the wedding, I hope mine will!  Heath issues restricting a bit :(

I am a candy NUT I love it alllll!!!

Have a great Wednesday everyone!!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I don't have one yet! but i'm looking for a nannying/babysitting job this summer. I'm still in school :( one year left!

Not mine, but I bet his will. We're trying to keep it small so we'll see!

I have two favorites..Reese's! and Hershey's Cookies and Cream candy bars are delicious :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011

I have more than one 2nd job, but one is coaching so I am not sure that counts.  But, I count it!  I also work at the Y...I teach 2 classes a week and work the floor one or two evenings a month.  I do the coaching and the teaching classes because I really do like it, but the extra cash is nice!! 

I am sure we will

Oh gosh too many to pick just one!  I love fresh baked cookies, crème brule is my favorite out to dinner treat, and anything chocolate and peanut butter!! 
    Anniversary
  • sdose13sdose13 member
    edited December 2011
    I bartend a few times a month. it started out as a neceessity, but now just the extra cash is nice.

Probably. It's only four more people, so why not.

Oh, man. A treat I never get is Boston Cream Pie. As for candy, my favorite is anything dark chocolate or black licorice.
  • medusia00medusia00 member
    edited December 2011
    I do have a 2nd job. I kinda like it, but they only have me work 2 days a week and I"m thinking I need more. It's a necessity, school, looking for a house, wedding!!

Yes, But more than likely the only one that will come are my grandma from my mom's site, and FI's grandparents from his Mom's side.

Hmmmmmmm, Dove chocolate bars...or Ice Cream!!!
    Sept 11, April Siggy, HM Picture!!
    On a Boat, with our Flippy-Floppies!
    Anniversary
    Want to see my Bio? PM Me!!
    Wifey Shenanigans & Day Zero
  • lucy2113lucy2113 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't. But am looking. The Fi and I are looking for a place into because gas is getting expensive.

I'm not sure yet. I haven't really thought out that far.

My favorite candy is Twix and Rollos. They are super yummy!

ks107021 have you ever tried Reese with Ice Cream?? Its sooo good! Give it a try!! 

Holiday
  • edited December 2011
    It's not really a second job because it's not profitable, but I am always involved in the voluntary work in my church, mainly in the events/wedding department. I just came back from a wedding rehearsal where I was the coordinator.

They are not alive anymore, but I am invite all FI's mother,sisters and brothers along with their spouses plus the WP, total of 25 people.

Crepe Suzette and I have no pics...no temptations to my eyes.
  • MaggieandJakeMaggieandJake member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I tutor part time after work 3 days a week.  I do like it, and the extra cash is just the icing on the cake.  I don't think I'll ever be able to stop b/c the money is just so good.  I also work a 3rd job extremely part time at the Waukee Y.  It doesn't really give me anything but a little extra eating out $$ and a free gym membership :)

Do you plan on inviting your and your FI's grandparents to the RD?  My grandma is definitely invited and will be attending.  We would invite FI's grandma too but she won't be at the wedding until the day of (we're getting married in MN and she can't get there until the day of)
    "All that I'm after is a lifetime of laughter, as long as I'm laughing with you"
    Photobucket
    Anniversary
    Photobucket
    My Crafting Blog
    Married Bio
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards