Florida-South Florida

Wedding Planner

I recently booked a wedding planner and I have been very disappointed with her.  I feel like she is pushing all of her vendors and ideas on me and not really listening to the vision I have for my day.  I have lots of ideas and photos saved of things I like, but I am having a hard time pulling them all together.  I guess I was under the impression that my planner would aide in this, but she has not.  I also thought a planner would help negotiate with vendors, but so far, it has only been me and my fiance who has negotiated.  I have decided it is in my best interest to get rid of this planner and find a new one.  Can anyone share with me the things there planner has helped them with?  Also, any weddign planner recommendations will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding Planner

• adclovesadcloves member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    There are tons of great wedding planners. But the key thing is finding the perfect one for you.

When you are interviewing you must first ask them do they have preferred vendors. Or do they work off of commission from the vendors. Also let the planner know that you have vision for the wedding, but you want help in sorting through the madness. Go with your gut. Anyone can reccomend a wedding planner for you, but at the end of the day, you have to find the person who you KNOW meshes with you and will help you pull together your wedding.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    edited December 2011
    I recently met a planner I was not happy with at all.  Her name was Luz Sanchez.  I met her while looking at venues and she happened to setting up a wedding.  I really liked her when I first met her and got her info and texted her my info right away so we can get something started.  I heard from her once that following week telling me she'd get to me. I texted her everyday for one week to send me her info through email.  She never did, but instead blew me off.  I waited two weeks (maybe she was going throuh something).  I texted her and let her know despite not hearing back, I'm still interested in her services.  She texted back saying she'd call me the next day.  She didn't.

Stay away.
  • jamieandlorijamieandlori member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wedding-planner-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:341f8240-d861-4e14-84f8-809bd87c386cPost:c4ffc221-ae8c-4380-8795-fe725f2bf4b0">Re: Wedding Planner</a>:
    [QUOTE]I recently met a planner I was not happy with at all.  Her name was Luz Sanchez.  I met her while looking at venues and she happened to setting up a wedding.  I really liked her when I first met her and got her info and texted her my info right away so we can get something started.  I heard from her once that following week telling me she'd get to me. I texted her everyday for one week to send me her info through email.  She never did, but instead blew me off.  I waited two weeks (maybe she was going throuh something).  I texted her and let her know despite not hearing back, I'm still interested in her services.  She texted back saying she'd call me the next day.  She didn't. Stay away.
    Posted by Ninac4116[/QUOTE]

I ran into this quite a bit when I was looking for a planner.  The planner I ended up booking was the only one who got back to me and then followed up.  She remained this way throughout the entire time, but everything else has been horrible.  I wish I could find the best of both worlds!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Rainbow17Rainbow17 member
    edited December 2011
    I didn't know that occurs so frequently.  Why would anyone want to turn down your business?  Doesn't make sense to me.

Let me know if you find someone.  I'm still trying to figure out if I really need one.  I'm only having a reception with cocktail hour.  I'm also trying to go flowerless.  But I don't have a bridal party, so therefore, no additional hands to help me.  Thinking about hiring a Day of Event Coordinator.

Let me know if you run into someone reliable and professional.
  • adclovesadcloves member
    edited December 2011
    Have you tried just calling any of the vendors listed on the knot?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • jamieandlorijamieandlori member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_florida-south-florida_wedding-planner-1?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:67Discussion:341f8240-d861-4e14-84f8-809bd87c386cPost:cf3c1643-9fef-4068-be0f-9fff96c4a161">Re: Wedding Planner</a>:
    [QUOTE]Have you tried just calling any of the vendors listed on the knot?
    Posted by adcloves[/QUOTE]

I have called vendors (recommended on Knot and through Hotel) and spoken with them, which is how I found the planner I have now.  Obviously, planners are going to tell you a lot of what you want to hear when you first speak with them.  The problem is are they going to be able to follow through.  After going through a "bad" planner, I feel like I am better equipped to ask questions.  I feel like having fellow brides confirm the type of service they have recieved will greatly put my mind at rest.  It definitely is no fun throwing away your hard earned money!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    Finding a planner is can be really difficult. You want to make sure you both CLICK and that she/he gets your vision. Wish I could help, but I have no clue.
    :: Lynette & PJ :: 1.22.11 :: For Sale ::
  • edited December 2011
    wow this sounds like a nightmare, I could only imagine what this means to you...I say cut her and meet with other ones, let the other's know what you have been going through.

keep us posted and good luck finding someone :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Krysta6Krysta6 member
    edited December 2011
    My planner was the best decision for me. I actually wasn't going to interview with her at first, I had 2 appointments set up but I just didn't feel like the ones we met I clicked well with so I called her at the last minute and she met me the next day. She was down to earth and sarcastic (just like us lol). She has helped us negotiate with the venue so far (its taking a while, they are taking forever!). She reviews all contracts (i'm waiting on some to come in). She usually gets back to me within 24 hours. She does suggest vendors, some I like, some not so much so I just tell her the truth. The vendors have to fit into what we envisioned for our big day so I haven't run into any problems with going with places that she didn't recommend. She has been soo good at keeping on top of these vendors that are just dragging on sending contracts. Vanessa from Karma Goddess is my planner if you want to google her. I also liked Jennifer J events, I just clicked better with Vanessa.
  • edited December 2011
    I am using events on a buget and love them. I had a meeting with them and they were so nice.
  • sarabear2011sarabear2011 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Lauren Daversa Events!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards