Not Engaged Yet

Update, possibly TMI

Okay, I had my GI appointment today. I will need to get surgery done. I also need to get a Barium something done so they can see in the colon on my right side since they were not able to during my colonoscopy. I also need to get a blood test done to see if I have Celiacs. Now I am even more nervous about everything and what they will find and what needs to be done. 
"You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 

Re: Update, possibly TMI

• A Barium Enema possibly? If that's right...let me know if you have questions. FI is an x-ray tech and he is familiar with the procedure. From what I remember, it's a way to "highlight" the area using contrast so the images show up better on an x-ray.

I'm so sorry you have to have surgery Midnite. I know everything will be fine and your docs will make sure everything goes smoothly...but it's never fun to think about these things. I'll keep you in my prayers! Let me know if there is anything else I can do to help.
  • Allusive- I think that is what it is. Thank you for your thoughts and prayers. 
    "You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you." -Ray Bradbury 
  • Oh no Rae!  I am so sorry.  I hope that everything goes smoothly and that you don't have Celiacs.  *Hugs*  I'll be praying for you.
    "Love is not affectionate feeling, but a steady wish for the loved person's ultimate good as far as it can be obtained"-C.S. Lewis

Married! May 27th, 2012

• OH no I:m so sorry you have to have surgery.  Sending prayers and hugs your way!

Anniversary

• Oh man. I'm glad you survived the appointment and hope you are able to be brave or not, I'm certainly not brave through the rest of this. Good luck! Hugs!
    I guess, to tell you the truth, I've never had much of a desire to grow facial hair. I think I've managed to play quarterback just fine without a mustache. - Peyton
  • Rae, I am so sorry to hear that.  Your nervousness is justifiable, but don't let it keep you from doing what you need to do to restore yourself to good health.  Hugs, prayers and wishes coming your way.

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards