Florida-Central Florida

RSVP Date

How do you know what is an appropriate RSVP date? 

TIA!

Re: RSVP Date

• edited December 2011
    I'd say 2-3 weeks prior to your wedding. You want enough time to call the delinquents on your guest list to see if they're coming before you have to give the caterer their final head count.
  • edited December 2011
    I had to given my final head count and meals (and a list of all guests since it was military property) 2 weeks before, and since I was planning from out of town, the only chance I got to meet with my vendors to finalize everything (# of centerpieces etc) was 4 weeks before, so I actually had my RSVP date 6 weeks before (scandalous!! lol).  We were also DIYing all the placecards and stuff, so I also wanted enough time to do table assignments and get those done so I wouldnt be scrambling the days before the wedding. Our wedding was Nov 7, invitations when out in July, and RSVPS were due back mid/end of Sept.  No one complained about the early RSVP or how early we sent the invitations.  Most everyone was OOT, so they needed anough time to make plans anyways.  The RSVPS that I had to track down, I think wouldve been exactly the same as the ones I wouldve had to track down if I had followed the "proper" time line (some places say if you send invitations too early, people will forget to mail the rsvp etc)
  • edited December 2011
    OMG yeah Cheryl you would've been up a creek if you'd waited any longer. You should probably see when your vendors need final counts and then give yourself a couple of weeks before that as cushion.
  • cjbwifey2010cjbwifey2010 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My wedding is in July, I plan to send the invited out at the end of April and the RSVP by the 1st week in June. I think that will give me enough time to figure everything out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards