September 2012 Weddings

Picking a date in September...a little help please?

Alright, sorry if i jump around too much, but here's my situation. We just moved back in with my parents to save money for the wedding and we plan on moving out immediately afterward. Where the wedding will be in September, the moving would be in October. Our anniversary is September 25th, which will be a Tuesday (yuck) and I want to get married on a Saturday. The following Saturday will be the 29th. I feel as though it would be kind of silly to be on our honeymoon during our first week in a new apartment, so I was leaning toward the Saturday before, which would be the 22nd. Come to find out, that will be one of the groomsmen's birthdays, which reminded me that one of the bridesmaid's birthdays is the 21st, the rehearsal dinner. My mind is all over the place. Any advice or comfort would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Re: Picking a date in September...a little help please?

• If you did it on the 29th you could move in Oct 15th instead of the 1st. Also, there is no way for you to be 100% sure now if an apartment you like will have availability right then either. 

I voted earlier in the month because it isn't conflicting and it will be less stress. You can go on your honeymoon, come home, pack with a little extra time, and not be stressed to moving. 

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • calindicalindi member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited April 2011
    Turns out, the day we picked is one of our close friend's birthdays!  And she is so super ecstatic to spend her birthday with us!  My brother's and my grandma's birthday is two days later, and his girlfriend (who is practically family and will probably be his fiancee by our wedding date) is two days before.  They all think it's super awesome, and we're goin to put candles in cupcakes to serve to them and have everyone sing happy birthday!  Just ask him what he thinks, I bet he won't care at all.

ETA: It doesn't matter if it's near your anniversary.  The day you get married will be your wedding anniversary forever.  It's special simply for what it is!

Anniversary

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_september-2012-weddings_picking-date-septembera-little-please?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding Club BoardsForum:a464c18c-2e4d-469b-8eae-3865079cb9cfDiscussion:153f34dc-47aa-4b35-bf4b-450bc50f5f59Post:42cf24d6-3deb-48de-9a6e-701a4716c774">Re: Picking a date in September...a little help please?</a>:
    [QUOTE]If you did it on the 29th you could move in Oct 15th instead of the 1st. Also, there is no way for you to be 100% sure now if an apartment you like will have availability right then either.  <font color="#ff0000"><strong>I voted earlier in the month because it isn't conflicting and it will be less stress. You can go on your honeymoon, come home, pack with a little extra time, and not be stressed to moving. 
    </strong></font>Posted by SeaTea02[/QUOTE]

This is what I wanted to say!
    80 said yes image
  • ditto to Happe....I..way less stress!!!!  congrats!
  • I am also having the same issue, because my little brothers birthday is the 22nd, so your post and everyones responses have also been helpful to me!! thanks everyone
  • Sept 29 was my fall back date if my first choice of Oct 13 wasn't available.  Turns out neither are available and so we are getting married Sept 1 now.  I vote for Sept 29 just so I can live vicariously through you lol.
    ExerciseMilestone Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards