June 2013 Weddings

Way to Honor my daughter

My daughter died May of 2011 and my finacee and I want to honor her in our wedding next year but I have no clue how to do it

Re: Way to Honor my daughter

• Sorry for your loss... I have seen some ideas where brides have done a photo charm on the bouquet. Also (some people don't like this) one of my friends honored her father who passed away from cancer by donating to the cancer fund instead of favors. Because the donated we all got keychains with a really nice saying.
    June 2013 January Sig - Honeymoon Destination
    Negril, Jamaica!!
    imageWedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • At a wedding I went to last year, the groom's best friend/college roommate had passed away of cancer a few months before the wedding. The bride and groom made a donation to his memorial fund "in lieu of favors". I think it's great. I also like the idea of a charm on your bouquet or even a special memorial at the enterance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • I am actually doing this "in lieu of favors" donation thing for my uncle currently battling stage 4 lymphoma.  He WILL be a survivor though :-) , but still wanted to honor his struggle
    June 2013 - Shoe Inspiration
    imageimage
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • I like the photo charm on the bouquet thing.  I plan on having my florist incorporate a charm my grandmother had with her initials on it into my bouquet.  Maybe you could choose her favorite color as one of your colors? 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Klyn1983Klyn1983 member
    First Comment
    edited April 2012
    I like the charm idea for your bouquet. A few years ago a friend of mine lost her son unexpectedly a few months before the wedding. She took a piece of his favorite blanket and used that as part of her bouquet handle(wrapped it around). She also took his baby footprint and had it put onto the underside of her FI's tie. It was a surprise for him but a way to have both of them feel closer to their son. 

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • My friends all had a memorial centerpiece. You could have a centerpiece put on your table where guests sign in and have a card either placed behind it or infront of it stating that the flowers where in memory of your daughter or something like that.
  • Both my fiance and I have lost one set of grandparents, and since we're not having a traditional church ceremony, we're going to set up a table with pictures of our grandparents from their weddings, along with some potted forget-me-not plants.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards