New York-Long Island

For All Westbury Brides

Hello all Westbury Manor brides. I booked the manor for August 11, 2012 and was wondering what kind of extras or perks other brides may have gotten from this venue. I also would like to know if anyone booked their recommended photographers and what their prices look like. Thanks to all that read and/or reply

Re: For All Westbury Brides

• KED11KED11 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My sister is getting married at the Westbury Manor. She is not using the photgraphers that they suggested. She is using antiquehoney. Check them out...I love her style and will most likely be booking antiquehoney for my wedding also (I just havent started planning yet). 
  • isadiisadi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I booked the Manor on Aug 19!!! Are you going to their show on Wednesday?
    I only used their recommended DJ - Silverfox.  
    I was not pleased with any of their other recommendations. 
    I used DeJaVue as my photographer - excellent and I would highly recommend him, might be a little pricey if your on a tight budget though - he's in Mineola.  I also used Diva flowers in Albertson. Am I missing anything? LOL 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • tcupbergertcupberger member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Awesome,
    Thank you so much for the info. yes, I will be there on Wednesday. I am so excited!:)
  • edited December 2011
    How did you like Silverfox for the DJ.  I looked at only their photography and was not pleased with it at all.  Especially they charged to much and didn't give anything so we booked a different photographer. 

In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-long-island_westbury-brides?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:120Discussion:076c2332-4379-4334-b2d5-cc3847cc62baPost:67965db4-5af3-4b26-b52e-c80adce1b8c4">Re: For All Westbury Brides</a>:
    [QUOTE]I booked the Manor on Aug 19!!! Are you going to their show on Wednesday? I only used their recommended DJ - Silverfox.   I was not pleased with any of their other recommendations.  I used DeJaVue as my photographer - excellent and I would highly recommend him, might be a little pricey if your on a tight budget though - he's in Mineola.  I also used Diva flowers in Albertson. Am I missing anything? LOL 
    Posted by isadi[/QUOTE]
    Michelle Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • isadiisadi member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    SIlverfox was the first company I went to see for DJ and photography.  I went to visit 3 more photographers and no DJ's....I was driving home and I called Donny, the DJ, and booked with him on my drive home right after my meeting him! He listened to everything I wanted and even their price was amazing.  I booked end of April; I saw him on Wednesday at the Manor and HE came up to ME and remembered ME! He remembered everything we spoke about; what I want, what I don't want - and I mean every little detail...I was veru impressed and think it's very important fora vendor to remember you; so, yes -I recommend the DJ highly. 

Again, did not like the photography at ALL, very expensive for nothing and he wouldnt even budge with the price or offer anything special...I felt I was just another person walking thru the door; while the DJ treated me like I was the one and only person,  and worked with the price.  

I didn't like any of the photography vendors Westbury Manor has; I went with someone else as well. 

Good Luck!! 
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards